Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion.

NachoLZ

season 4 was just a mess. they strayed way too far from the source material and it definitely showed when the show went off the rails. from the trailer it seems like they are somewhat getting back on track in terms of the source material, even though it is going to be in a weird warped way. the show was at its best when it followed the source material closely, when the show decided to free form it went horribly bad(the never ending search for sophia, the war with the governor, season 4)

Saw the new season's trailer.

It looks like this year is going to have me screaming at the tv yet again. lol

I don't know who has Beth, but she looks to be in big trouble.

You just don't know who's going to die in this show and that's what is suspenseful every week. I'm just glad the gang is all together again. I hope someone finds Beth, but who knows?

Anyway, can't wait for the new season in October.

The season script leaked, spoiler alert:

It's shit, with a ton of filler episodes and uninteresting subplots about shitty characters who may or may not have been infinitely cooler in the comics.

Rick and the gang hole up in a stronghold of sorts and spend the first half of the season dealing with inner group turmoil. Midway through the season there's an awesome episode that sticks close to the source material but it goes downhill after that as they try to differ from the source and the shitty writing shows. The second last episode ends with a somewhat (but not really) important character dying and the last episode ends with a massive cliffhanger that introduces the new villains for season 6.

There's talk of more major characters dying this season.

Norman Reedus said to get the tissues ready.

I honestly hope Rick, Carl, Michonne and Daryl stay alive. Anyone else I'm not too worried about it if they die.

I mean each season there are more and more zombies, so the odds are most of them will die before the show ends. I doubt there's a chance for the few humans to be saved and I don't think there's anyone in Washington left to try to find a cure. Everyone is infected, so when you die you either turn or someone shoots you in the head to prevent it. It sucks either way.

I've been wanting Daryl to die since about 4 episodes into season 3. Of course, the preferable alternative would be to make his character interesting again, rather than "badass motorcycle crossbow man", but this is TWD we're talking about.

Edited by bacardimayne

The season script leaked, spoiler alert:

It's shit, with a ton of filler episodes and uninteresting subplots about shitty characters who may or may not have been infinitely cooler in the comics.

Rick and the gang hole up in a stronghold of sorts and spend the first half of the season dealing with inner group turmoil. Midway through the season there's an awesome episode that sticks close to the source material but it goes downhill after that as they try to differ from the source and the shitty writing shows. The second last episode ends with a somewhat (but not really) important character dying and the last episode ends with a massive cliffhanger that introduces the new villains for season 6.

Couldnt suck more.

I read that some people are talking about Daryl's character being gay in the comics.

Honestly, why do we have to go there? Does it matter when you're running for your life from zombies?

Unless Daryl will have a gay love interest, I don't know what the point would be?

I don't care what Daryl is. We already have the one gay girl on the show and she lost her girlfriend last season.

I feel unless you really are going to give a gay character a life, don't bother.

• 1 month later...

Loved the show! Yeah, saw the very ending too. I thought that guy was insane or even dead.

Hopefully, he will re-connect with Rick.

Now that the gang is all together, I hope they find Beth.

Was so happy when Rick saw that Judith was alive. That was sweet.

Carol was kick-ass. She saved their lives.

If the season continues like last night, it'll be a very suspenseful season.