Since Axl Said They Are Going to Start Looking at New Music Very Seriously

after the Residency. Do you think they have been doing that since? That they are somewhere now, recording or even just having a meeting of the minds?

Here is the exact thing he said: "We recorded a lot of things before Chinese (Democracy) was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded... But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard.

I just hope we have a new album by next year.

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

after the Residency. Do you think they have been doing that since? That they are somewhere now, recording or even just having a meeting of the minds?

Here is the exact thing he said: "We recorded a lot of things before Chinese (Democracy) was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded... But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard.

I just hope we have a new album by next year.

Why?

They can perfectly get together for long tours and residencies and shit, but lifes get in the way, excuses get in the way when they "try" to get together for new music.

Nah nah nah. Axl gets in the way cause he's crazy. He's nuts man. Insane. Or, you know, maybe it's just that he pretty much spent a decade recording and enjoys the money there is in touring and he'll get to it eventually, on Axl time, on a good Axl day, and CD ll will be released.

But he was always unstable at the very least.

• Like 1

To be honest, and this is hoping if anything honestly gets done, I just want Axl to sound cool on record. I know he can't sing live very good but if he can at least pull it off on record then I would feel good. That's really all I want from this band, just sound cool on the record.

To be honest, and this is hoping if anything honestly gets done, I just want Axl to sound cool on record. I know he can't sing live very good but if he can at least pull it off on record then I would feel good. That's really all I want from this band, just sound cool on the record.

Sounds cool on Chinese. Not even the "Nobody owes you" part in Sorry? second half of There Was A Time? Better?

What about Angel Down? sounded like vintage Axl to me. Rasp and everything. On Riad, he sounds a lot like how he sounded in Appetite, tone wise.

Even live, he gave some very good performances this year. Stop overreacting/clean yo gudem eez and don't fuckin' expect 23 year old Axl to fuckin' come back anytime soon lol. Appreciate it while it's still good cause it's sure as fuck ain't gonna last.

Edited by Rovim

It made me a little sick that they're going to 'start looking seriously' which is actually alluding to the fact they haven't worked on jack shit together since the CD sessions.

But it's not like they needed to do anything if they didn't plan to release it in the last 6 years. It was already recorded. It was done or close to finished. Now it's time to work on releasing it. I think Axl will release it in the next 2 to 3 years.

He's starting to talk about it. Opening up about it cause he probably is truly interested in releasing the second half of his biggest musical project. No way will he just stop at Chinese. He will at least release CD ll.

Edited by Rovim

Putting A Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Each Word Doesn't Make A New GNR Album A Reality.

No, but there are enough valid reasons to think it will be released in the next few years imo.

People have already been saying this for a few years. In 2011 people thought surely they'd have an album out in the next year or two, certainly by now. A year from now people will still be sitting around waiting for music.

Putting A Capital Letter At The Beginning Of Each Word Doesn't Make A New GNR Album A Reality.

No, but there are enough valid reasons to think it will be released in the next few years imo.

People have already been saying this for a few years. In 2011 people thought surely they'd have an album out in the next year or two, certainly by now. A year from now people will still be sitting around waiting for music.

And people said Chinese was never going to be released. What's your fuckin' point man? Yeah, probably in a year or two, but not in 3.

Axl is always late. Get. it.

Edited by Rovim

Do you think Axl will have Axl holograms for Madagascar and vocally challenging parts? I think it will be kinda like Terminator 3 which conceptually, was actually a cool movie. And of course, the Arnold Connection which should really be the title of what's coming soon.

Edited by Rovim

It made me a little sick that they're going to 'start looking seriously' which is actually alluding to the fact they haven't worked on jack shit together since the CD sessions.

But it's not like they needed to do anything if they didn't plan to release it in the last 6 years. It was already recorded. It was done or close to finished. Now it's time to work on releasing it. I think Axl will release it in the next 2 to 3 years.

He's starting to talk about it. Opening up about it cause he probably is truly interested in releasing the second half of his biggest musical project. No way will he just stop at Chinese. He will at least release CD ll.

It just disturbs me that he doesn't seem to have played/jammed on any of it to the guys in the current band, Axl untangling and re-recording select parts or trying to incorporate the backlogged ideas swamp these guys have will be a literal nightmare for his perfectionist mentality, god knows how long it'll take if we assume he hasn't even begun this process.

It just disturbs me that he doesn't seem to have played/jammed on any of it to the guys in the current band, Axl untangling and re-recording select parts or trying to incorporate the backlogged ideas swamp these guys have will be a literal nightmare for his perfectionist mentality, god knows how long it'll take if we assume he hasn't even begun this process.

Yeah, you do seem disturbed. Emmm... doesn't matter how you get there, what matters is that it's good. Like Axl said, if you didn't like Chinese, you won't like this, but if you did, then you probably will? no?

As for how long it will take: Axl is always late, accept it. It's been 6 years since Chinese was released, and only now he's talking about CD ll seriously. Of course it's insane, but on Axl time, I think it means it will be released as soon as Axl can get it out on his terms.

Edited by Rovim

And people said Chinese was never going to be released. What's your fuckin' point man? Yeah, probably in a year or two, but not in 3.

My point is, it's pointless to say "they'll have to have an album out in X amount of years". I know what people said about CD before it came out but that was different. How can you be sure it won't take 3 years? You don't even know if anything will come out at all :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if they announced something before 2018, a nice 10 year gap between albums sounds about right for Axl.

My point is, it's pointless to say "they'll have to have an album out in X amount of years". I know what people said about CD before it came out but that was different. How can you be sure it won't take 3 years? You don't even know if anything will come out at all :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if they announced something before 2018, a nice 10 year gap between albums sounds about right for Axl.

That's not a point. It's a void of mistakes and that makes it truly pointless. I think you're focusing too much about what we don't know, and not enough on what we do know which is what Axl had stated about CD ll.

I'd love for it to come out tomorrow, but it doesn't really matter if it comes out in 2 years or in 5. It will come out eventually. That, I am certain of, cause Axl is just not the kind of person that will release just half of the work.

Take into acount his recent comments, and if you believe him, it's more of I know it's coming, I know it won't take as long as it did for Chinese, and I know I'll probably like at least a few songs. You expect too much from Axl. He's not going to give you what other musicians will, and he won't ever give you anything on time, but he always finishes what he started, bands included.

You don't expect 4 piano epics on a Slash solo album do ya? Try to see the big picture here, not the annoying details and hold ups. It fails, it fails some more, but then in the 1532 attempt, boom! CD ll is out and about.

Edited by Rovim

I expect nothing from Axl, he's too unreliable, but if he does release more music I know I'll like at least some of it; the guy's my all-time favorite singer.

I'd love to have faith in what Axl says, and I get what you mean when you talk about "Axl time" (remember in 2006, "People will hear music this year", "the album will be out by the end of the year"). His comments have to be taken with a grain of salt, to say the least.

Yeah, you do seem disturbed. Emmm... doesn't matter how you get there, what matters is that it's good. Like Axl said, if you didn't like Chinese, you won't like this, but if you did, then you probably will? no?

As for how long it will take: Axl is always late, accept it. It's been 6 years since Chinese was released, and only now he's talking about CD ll seriously. Of course it's insane, but on Axl time, I think it means it will be released as soon as Axl can get it out on his terms.

Thanks for the compliment.

I know Axl is always late and erratic (in everyone else's perception) with his projects, let's review the history of the recording of chinese democracy and consider how much simpler and efficient and concise he could have made it without losing quality or scope or punctuation. The problem is not how long it is taking from my own vantage point, it is the Big Picture of his Guns N' Roses crusade, removed from this, there is no issue except fan impatience, monetarily he will continue touring under GNR without and eventually with a new record, but he has missed a whole slab of potential and opportunity to grow New GNR and resonate it into the masses. It will not affect his monetary income or popularity, as the GNR name and past achievements will forever remedy this, but he has turned a lot of his ardent supporters a little black with his hypocrisy and continued refusal to build a case FOR this, in an analytical sense, but he doesn't need to consider this when he has the materialistic benefits, it kinda reneges on the whole reason he set out though, he choked after the 2010 world tour imo. It'll be too late, spectacular as I am SURE the follow up will be, I'm a staunch supporter of Axl and new GNR but he missed a huge scoop of time and it'll be a little late for a second new GNR record to mean anything for this band.