Since Axl Said They Are Going to Start Looking at New Music Very Seriously

I expect nothing from Axl, he's too unreliable, but if he does release more music I know I'll like at least some of it; the guy's my all-time favorite singer.

I'd love to have faith in what Axl says, and I get what you mean when you talk about "Axl time" (remember in 2006, "People will hear music this year", "the album will be out by the end of the year"). His comments have to be taken with a grain of salt, to say the least.

Nope. I think he was sure it was gonna come out in 2006, but in those unique circumstances, and with Axl's demands, it became impossible to not delay it some more. They didn't have the right deal, and the right manager to pull it off. It's not all on Axl you know, you need to have the right people to make it happen, and it was hard as shit to get Chinese out.

I think that from the time Axl states he's intereted in releasing new music, it takes a few years to make it happen, and then...

it happens. Time will tell I guess. A lot of it.

It made me a little sick that they're going to 'start looking seriously' which is actually alluding to the fact they haven't worked on jack shit together since the CD sessions.

But it's not like they needed to do anything if they didn't plan to release it in the last 6 years. It was already recorded. It was done or close to finished. Now it's time to work on releasing it. I think Axl will release it in the next 2 to 3 years.

He's starting to talk about it. Opening up about it cause he probably is truly interested in releasing the second half of his biggest musical project. No way will he just stop at Chinese. He will at least release CD ll.

It just disturbs me that he doesn't seem to have played/jammed on any of it to the guys in the current band, Axl untangling and re-recording select parts or trying to incorporate the backlogged ideas swamp these guys have will be a literal nightmare for his perfectionist mentality, god knows how long it'll take if we assume he hasn't even begun this process.

Yeah, you do seem disturbed. Emmm... doesn't matter how you get there, what matters is that it's good. Like Axl said, if you didn't like Chinese, you won't like this, but if you did, then you probably will? no?

As for how long it will take: Axl is always late, accept it. It's been 6 years since Chinese was released, and only now he's talking about CD ll seriously. Of course it's insane, but on Axl time, I think it means it will be released as soon as Axl can get it out on his terms.

Thanks for the compliment.

I know Axl is always late and erratic (in everyone else's perception) with his projects, let's review the history of the recording of chinese democracy and consider how much simpler and efficient and concise he could have made it without losing quality or scope or punctuation. The problem is not how long it is taking from my own vantage point, it is the Big Picture of his Guns N' Roses crusade, removed from this, there is no issue except fan impatience, monetarily he will continue touring under GNR without and eventually with a new record, but he has missed a whole slab of potential and opportunity to grow New GNR and resonate it into the masses. It will not affect his monetary income or popularity, as the GNR name and past achievements will forever remedy this, but he has turned a lot of his ardent supporters a little black with his hypocrisy and continued refusal to build a case FOR this, in an analytical sense, but he doesn't need to consider this when he has the materialistic benefits, it kinda reneges on the whole reason he set out though, he choked after the 2010 world tour imo. It'll be too late, spectacular as I am SURE the follow up will be, I'm a staunch supporter of Axl and new GNR but he missed a huge scoop of time and it'll be a little late for a second new GNR record to mean anything for this band.

But it's not our problem. If you reduce your expectations to the realistic "I just want it to be a good fuckin' Axl Rose record", then none of that lost potential shit matters. That's over now. Guns is never going to be on top again. Axl has missed that chance, and now it's time to save what's left, which is what we have now. And my comment was meant as a compliment btw.

Edited by Rovim

I get ya, I do get disturbed by his choices sometimes though cause he has all the potential in the world for a limited number of years before he sails over the line of age.

You're correct in that the end result is the only thing that matters in a selfish sense of the music is what matters as long as it delivers despite the time delays, it's not our burden to try and justify or explain the guy's convolutions and choices, it's just fascinating how his drive and motivation seems to have shifted course over the years and it compounds the delay after he gets a stable line up and built up a good base to operate from.

Edited by RandallFlagg

To be honest, and this is hoping if anything honestly gets done, I just want Axl to sound cool on record. I know he can't sing live very good but if he can at least pull it off on record then I would feel good. That's really all I want from this band, just sound cool on the record.

Sounds cool on Chinese. Not even the "Nobody owes you" part in Sorry? second half of There Was A Time? Better?

What about Angel Down? sounded like vintage Axl to me. Rasp and everything. On Riad, he sounds a lot like how he sounded in Appetite, tone wise.

Even live, he gave some very good performances this year. Stop overreacting/clean yo gudem eez and don't fuckin' expect 23 year old Axl to fuckin' come back anytime soon lol. Appreciate it while it's still good cause it's sure as fuck ain't gonna last.

I never said he didn't sound cool on CD but his voice nowadays is very suspect. I have to assume that most of the vocals on CD were recorded either in early 2000s or mid(06 Axl). That tells me that it's a very real possibility of Axl just sounding bad on record but I really hope your right.

Also 23 year old Axl would be a pipe dream lol I think we all know that.

In a normal world i would say Axl took a month off after the Vegas residency and has been working nonstop on putting together the songs for the next album. But this is Axls/GNRs world, so im gonna go out on a limb and say nothing has been done since being back from Vegas. If hes even back yet.

I bet there'll be zero contact except team brazil informal emails about the autumn dates then a rizzy deed press quote about how 'we're going to record real soon' in December. A BBF burst of cryptic pissed off tweets in January, then a beginning of 2015 SA tour, then a Vegas residency announcement for May. Axl will sound decent but have his typical just came out of hibernation rustyness until the last four shows of the residency and he'll say something at one of the Vegas shows about sense of entitlement about bitches at their homes instead of the shows, then play The Garden and everyone will consider it a rousing bout of progress for a year in the life of New GNR.

• Like 1

Axl said there was stuff already done, so what's the holdup?

I wonder what year these songs were written and recorded? If not recorded, I wonder how long it'll take the band to get together to actually record this cd?

If Axl's done his vocals, then maybe it has a chance to be released sometime in this decade. lol

Poor saps. There will never be another GNR release while axl is alive.

You know i'm not being an Axl nutter at all

But you know who is poor?

a guy posting day afer day on a GNR forum that a new album won't come out if Axl is alive

This is even more pathetic than the Axl nutters

• Like 1

I don't know when we'll see it, but I do think we'll get one within the next five to ten years. I'm starting to think the vocals aren't done on that many songs and Axl's just putting off doing that for some reason, but that might just be me trying to make excuses for him, I dunno.

At this point, I'm more concerned with what happens AFTER he gets the rest of Chinese Democracy out. He doesn't seem to want to write with this "new" band, so I'm thinking once that record drops, that really will be the end of any further new music hopes, unless he gets some guys he really wants to work with to join, and that's assuming he'll even want to work at that point. Course, that can be good or bad depending on how much material he has left. The accounts have really varied as time passed on, always decreasing, but maybe some songs were merged or scrapped entirely? Who knows.

I at least want him to release as many original songs as the old band released. If I recall right, they had something like 44 songs they wrote, recorded and released (this is of course excluding covers and alternate versions of songs). The newer GNR (in 1997 to now terms) has fifteen officially out, so they just gotta get twenty nine more to match the old band. Not likely, but it could happen, depending on how much material Axl has left or if he ever finds someone he wants to work with again.

• Like 1

a guy posting day afer day on a GNR forum that a new album won't come out if Axl is alive

Intentionally morbid or not, I believe he's right on the money. I do feel a bit sad for the more naive fans who are still clenching their buttcheeks at the mere thought of a new nu album arriving in the next year or two.

Realistically, I'm still willing to bet my testicles that the only ways we'll be hearing new music from Axl are if it leaks and/or if it's milked after he's gone. Mark my words.

Intentionally morbid or not, I believe he's right on the money. I do feel a bit sad for the more naive fans who are still clenching their buttcheeks at the mere thought of a new nu album arriving in the next year or two.

Realistically, I'm still willing to bet my testicles that the only ways we'll be hearing new music from Axl are if it leaks and/or if it's milked after he's gone. Mark my words.

Then what's the point posting to this forum if you believe this?

Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to their opinions etc. but posting the same shit different day is like Axl playing the same setlist over and over

BOOORING

Edited by Crash Diet

Do you think Axl will have Axl holograms for Madagascar and vocally challenging parts? I think it will be kinda like Terminator 3 which conceptually, was actually a cool movie. And of course, the Arnold Connection which should really be the title of what's coming soon.

It would cool if there was some videos or something but doesn't seem the age of video. CD got the standard movie video game tie in. Maybe if they got attached to a 3D summer blockbuster but CD stuff isn't really that overt, it's twisted and angry. I cannt see Jason Statham snowboarding down a mountain to Sorry.

Maybe something more innovative like a hologram of the band playing the first single. Like an app with links to a you tube video of it. Something small n interesting.

I like the idea of USB type EPs. 4 songs you can plug into your phone instant access. If you got something like that on the way out of a show that would very cool. Even if it was only 10 people that got them that would promo CD II. If a video was part of that suite of digital content it would create a positive buzz window to put the album up on ITunes.

I think if you put your testicles up Axl might put the album out. Last time it was a dr Pepper, this time yo Balls, It's your call! Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Chances are the only reason CD was released was because of the leaks. I don't see us hearing anything while his heart is still beating. And once it stops, I honestly don't think there's much in the can with vocals done. Sad.

Then what's the point posting to this forum if you believe this?

Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to their opinions etc. but posting the same shit different day is like Axl playing the same setlist over and over

BOOORING

To discuss stuff relating with gnr with people who also love gnr. The history, the rumors, what everyone's up to now, etc. And the hilarious soap opera escapades that surrounds nu guns :lol:. I mean seriously I couldn't make some of this shit up if I tried :lol:. It's pretty fuckin entertaining.

I'd give a new Axl album a chance, I'm just pretty certain it ain't happening. Not while he was a pulse at least.

Too me, anything anyone from this band says about new music is all cock and bull until proven otherwise with an album in store. The only peep I'd want to hear from any of these money grubbing cash whore's is a release date. Anything else is just more cock and bull.

Edited by jmapelian

I wish someone would ask them, how many ideas have you exchanged between another member, members or Axl/with the other members and Axl? What do you plan on recording, roughly what is the balance between re-recording old material, amending old material, or wholly new material? What months do you intend recording, where are you going to record?

Some old material, for example industrial songs of year 1999-2002 is a mistake today.

In 2000, in the mainstream were industrial rock bands like NIN or Marylin Manson, but today this sound isnt in high position in charts.

With songs like Going Down i think that GnR can get a hit single in charts, because is a sound which can like to lot of people, more classic.