GNR songs you never get tired of Vs. GNR songs you're sick to death of.

I'm talking more about old GNR, songs you've known for years and years and could still enjoy listening to today.

For me...

Jungle

Brownstone

November Rain

Locomotive

It's So Easy

Nightrain

I have known these songs for years, played them all hundreds of times each and yet have never gotten sick of them.

As for songs I used to love but have become sick of:

Estranged

SCOM

Rocket Queen

Paradise City (never been a favourite anyway, but I could quite happily never hear it again)

Edited by Towelie

Most of Appetite can be shelved/buried to give room for modern tracks and the ones hopefully coming soon. Would be totally okay if tracks like SCOM, WttJ, Patience and Paradise City vanished one day.

Tracks like Coma, There Was a Time, Locomotive and Oh My God always seem to stay fresh, especially OMG which has only been a demo tease for the past 15 years. :lol:

Stuff I listen even today

14 years

Pretty tied up

Nightrain

Coma

Stuff I don't wanna hear ever again

The 7+ min rock epics with exception of Coma(most of them are great and all, just tired of hearing them.)

UYI era hits

WTTJ

Most everything on Chinese Democracy, TWAT being a notable exception.

Songs like NR and Estranged have indeed lost their magic over the years simply by me overplaying them to bits during my teens but I could listen to Jungle and Nightrain every day for the rest of my life and i know I'd never get sick of them. They just have that timeless quality about them that songs on the illusion records just don't have.

I never get sick of Estranged... I can still listen to the track five or more times in a row. Come and Breakdown are close behind.

Songs that I usually skip are Shotgun Blues, Bad Obsession and Bad Apples. Luckily My World is the last song on UYI2, so I don't have to skip it. (-:

My local radio station ran Pretty Tied Up into the ground. There were two goddamn CDs of material to draw from if they wanted to play current (at the time) GNR. I haven't really grown tired of any other GNR aside from that song, though I always loved the live Ritz version of Knockin' a million times more than the studio version.

Songs that I usually skip are Shotgun Blues, Bad Obsession and Bad Apples. Luckily My World is the last song on UYI2, so I don't have to skip it. (-:

Same here I skip over a lot of the filler songs or just songs of lesser quality. Along with those I usually don't listen to Scraped, You Ain't The First, and Get In The Ring

SCOM is the only non-filler track I am tired of just purely based on the fact that I have heard it sooo many times on the radio