Beta Interview (2001)

http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=30635.0

I remember reading this interview back in time, but I never notice a "source" for this. Is it real or fake?

And by the way, wouldn't be cool to do a interview with Beta (or all team brazil) for the fans? Of course only us the hardcore fans (that had stick with Axl this whole time) "cared" this much about his story with Beta. You can have your reasons to not like Beta or Team Brazil, but it's an interesting story in Axl's life.

:peace:

Oh, and by the way, I was there, my first GNR show (I missed the 92 concert in Brazil, I was 11 years old and got tickets, but I was very sick and my mother didn't let me go :P ). That show was memorable and this moment made me cry, I have to admit :'(

I am watching this video again and man, this is a very touching moment to remember ... first time seeing my biggest idol in music live (his "return"), and he doing this to the whole world to see ... I can not imagine what Beta was feeling. I just close my the eyes and I'm remembering that day...
Sorry for the rant guys haha

Hey Beta, If you're reading this, Oi! =)

Edited by RnT

I think if the questions aren't all about Axl and more about her, her family and the organization, you'll probably get a good interview from her. There's 50-something people on the crew who all probably have interesting stories about how they wound up in the GNR org as well as working with other bands, I mean, the pyro guy has a pretty hairy job in my opinion, making sure no one gets barbecued on stage. Del was supposed to be writing this kind of thing but I guess he gave up on it, probably because he sees these guys every day.

There's a lot of crazy in that interview. So yeah, I always thought it was legit.

I like how she says the old songs reflect the lack of love he felt but his new ones are different, lol.

When he has someone so close in his life who enables and perpetuates the anger and bitterness towards people he doesn't even have anything to do with anymore, it's easy to understand why he can't let those feelings go.

You opened a thread just to say how "touched" you are by that crap?

I am not, never will. I think it's all fake. So Axl is the happiest person since this woman entered his life but professionally and personally he hasn't advanced at all?

Not surprised. Brazilians love soap operas.

• Like 1

I just really wish that Beta and her kids were not such a lightning rod of a topic... they should not be...

it should be about the legendary history of this band and their songs.... but thats a lifetime ago now...and instead we have what we have today...

Beta and Fernando are the two most recognizable names associated with GNR outside of Axl.... and it's pathetic

I just really wish that Beta and her kids were not such a lightning rod of a topic... they should not be...

it should be about the legendary history of this band and their songs.... but thats a lifetime ago now...and instead we have what we have today...

Beta and Fernando are the two most recognizable names associated with GNR outside of Axl.... and it's pathetic

IMO, they made themselves a lightning rod for a while. Both Fernando and Beta have gone on social media and forums in the past just to attack users. While I agree that there are plenty of things posted that they could take offense to, they don't have to go about it the way they have.

I could not agree more on the second half btw. I posted this recently, but I would love it if we had no GN'R music to argue about instead of this crap.

Agreed 1 million percent, the snarky comments they made to people whether they are right or wrong are ridiculous on so many levels

And the fact that they have more insight on what's going to happen as far as GNR over the band members speaks volumes

I have never met them. they might be lovely awesome people, and I could care less what country they come from... its just sad that Guns n Roses has come to Axl, Slash, Duff and izzy to Axl and team brazil...whatever Team brazil means anyway

I am watching this video again and man, this is a very touching moment to remember ... first time seeing my biggest idol in music live (his "return"), and he doing this to the whole world to see ... I can not imagine what Beta was feeling. I just close my the eyes and I'm remembering that day...

Can you do a review of the show? How did it feel to be part of it? I can only imagine... I get goosebumps every time I watch Jungle video, that was one of the most energetic moment.

http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=30635.0

I remember reading this interview back in time, but I never notice a "source" for this. Is it real or fake?

And by the way, wouldn't be cool to do a interview with Beta (or all team brazil) for the fans? Of course only us the hardcore fans (that had stick with Axl this whole time) "cared" this much about his story with Beta. You can have your reasons to not like Beta or Team Brazil, but it's an interesting story in Axl's life.

:peace:

It is best to ask Jarmo

If he says yes, no, or does not answer, then regard those responses as appropriated

Can you do a review of the show? How did it feel to be part of it? I can only imagine... I get goosebumps every time I watch Jungle video, that was one of the most energetic moment.

That was my first GNR concert, my first time seeing axl on stage. All I can say is that I got to the place 1 day before (yes, one and only time I did this) with a lot of friends and we met a lot of people there. The whole day was kind of "different", I don't know, most people didn't know what to expect ("maybe slash could show up??" and things like that). The energy there was awsome. "Axl's back!". The firt note of Jungle, I saw people hugging each other like they're seeing something really special, and in the firt scream of Jungle, I'm not ashamed to say that I cryed a lit bit! Raised up my beer with my friends and all I could scream was FUCK YEAH! Watching the video on youtube, in the first notes of Jungle, you can see the crowd moving like a wave, and there's what happened! People were jumping, happy and crazy!

• Like 2

I am not, never will. I think it's all fake. So Axl is the happiest person since this woman entered his life but professionally and personally he hasn't advanced at all?

You know, that's just your opinion. Maybe if the original band never broke up, you could have a different opinion, just because of that.... the "old band". I think a lot of people decide to just STOP, to not moving forward. He trust these people. Maybe without them, Axl could take a different road in his life and maybe decides to stop his career. Axl himself said that a lot of people tried to force things to do him get back with the original band. Managers. Joey and Johnny Ramone never liked each other, would you like to see Axl do that? I keep seeing those KISS interviews, where Ace talking shit about Paul and Gene, saying that he is better than the "new one" Tommy, and that's horrible. I like the respect that the new guys show about the old band, and how the old guys react to this. Thing happens in life and you have to make choices everyday. I think Axl opened his heart for a family member in front of the whole world to see, wanting to share that feeling with his fans, and I tho that was a important moment for him. Call me whatever you want, that's what I think about that.

• Like 1

You know, that's just your opinion. Maybe if the original band never broke up, you could have a different opinion, just because of that.... the "old band". I think a lot of people decide to just STOP, to not moving forward. He trust these people. Maybe without them, Axl could take a different road in his life and maybe decides to stop his career. Axl himself said that a lot of people tried to force things to do him get back with the original band. Managers. Joey and Johnny Ramone never liked each other, would you like to see Axl do that? I keep seeing those KISS interviews, where Ace talking shit about Paul and Gene, saying that he is better than the "new one" Tommy, and that's horrible. I like the respect that the new guys show about the old band, and how the old guys react to this. Thing happens in life and you have to make choices everyday. I think Axl opened his heart for a family member in front of the whole world to see, wanting to share that feeling with his fans, and I tho that was a important moment for him. Call me whatever you want, that's what I think about that.

That'd make sense if he ACTUALLY had moved forward.... But he didn't... he took only ONE big step after the break up, a step that took like 13 years and after that, back to ostracism.

I don't want him back with the old band if he doesn't want it. I just want him to keep making music, with whatever band he wants... He's just not doing it, no matter how hard you try to draw it.