Knockin' on heavens door - re-released? *The 02 Era of the band recorded a Reggae Version*

Guest Gunns

And that is why Groghan is one of the best posters on here.

Yes, claiming that we said things that we never said to help his argument/essay.

So what do you think Groghan is afraid of? Since you said his sarcasm is an indicator of fear...

And that is why Groghan is one of the best posters on here.

Yes, claiming that we said things that we never said to help his argument/essay.

So what do you think Groghan is afraid of? Since you said his sarcasm is an indicator of fear...

No idea. Life? Insecurities (unrelated to GNR)? Maybe we can move the conversation to AG.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=30323210

Here are some common reasons you might be sarcastic:

1. You fear you aren’t good enough, so you subconsciously put others down so you can feel superior. The worse you feel about yourself the more biting your remarks toward others could be. Insecure people have to put others down or tease them, in order to feel important and of value themselves. If this is your issue you may need some professional help to improve your self- worth.

2. Sarcasm is also a way of asking for what you want when you are scared to ask for it directly. You might crack a joke about your wife’s crazy shoes because you don’t know how to just say you don’t like them. But your sarcastic remark leaves your wife unsure about what you really think. Were you joking or serious? If you don’t know how to say things in a way that won’t hurt, you make a joke, which usually still hurts, but creates a space where if she takes offense, it’s her problem. If this is your issue, you need to improve your communication skills.

3. Sarcasm may be passive-aggressive anger. This happens because you feel taken from, insulted or annoyed by this person and you really want to take a jab at them. Sarcasm is a way to take a jab without being seen as mean. A joke absolves you of responsibility for their feelings. If this is your issue, you need to learn how to resolve the issue you are angry about.

4. You may feel angry at life for the disappointments or abuse you have suffered. Sarcasm can be a way to take out your anger toward life or vent your frustration. The more life does you wrong, the more biting your remarks toward others could be. If this is your issue you need to learn how to use your life experiences to make you better not bitter.

5. If you were teased in a cruel way, put down or made to feel inferior as a child, you may be subconsciously trying to get the upper hand now. You may look down on others and jokingly strike at them as a way to feel superior and powerful. Again, you may need some help to improve your self-esteem so you can show up with love.

6. You like to get attention by entertaining those around you with humor. You probably need this attention to validate your worth. You need this attention so badly you will do it at the expense of other people. Fear creates subconsciously selfish behavior, but this can be fixed. There are lots of way to be funny without hurting other people.

KOHD is probably my most hated GNR song. You hear it everywhere, it lasts forever, and the "improvised jams" they play live are more often than not the exact same thing they played the night before... and the night before that... and the night before that.

While I agree with you, it seems to be a fan-favorite (non-forum members) at live concerts.

New Take on Knockin' on heavens door - will it ever be released?

Axl talked about how he recorded the new take on the Bob Dylan song in the 2006 'Trunk chats, and how he was going to release it/donate proceeds to a charity.

Will it ever be released? I particularly like Axls take on the song (particularly in the 2001/02's)

what are your thoughts?

I think it would be fantastic!

...as a bonus track on a new full-length album. Otherwise it'll just be more of what we already have. And it'll never be half as good as the Freddie Mercury Tribute version. Same for the re-recorded AFD. It's just more of what we already have. Just less good. Give us something new. Something we haven't heard before. But preferably in a version Ashba hasn't #butchered yet.

Give me the 6-cd 3-dvd box set "Chinese Leftovers: 1998-2008".

chinese_take_out_carton.gif

It honestly is the only thing I care about in the GnR universe by now. Don't want re-recorded classic songs. Don't want 1998-2008 material that has been #ruined by Ashba. Don't want more live material. Don't want more touring. Just give me this and we'll be done with it.

Coma, go and watch your A4D and write us a review. ;)

Will do! I'll post my review in the other thread though ;)

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if KOHD was dropped completely or shortened down to 5 minutes but I understand why it is still a staple.

• Like 1

Coma, go and watch your A4D and write us a review. ;)

Will do! I'll post my review in the other thread though ;)

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if KOHD was dropped completely or shortened down to 5 minutes but I understand why it is still a staple.

They should do a stripped down, duet version : Axl and Richard only. That could be nice.

Do each of the four have remixes by brain bumble and dj? I think I just wet my panties at the thought jk.

Knocking on heavens door has that one good moment where Axl screams in rasp.

The last time I enjoyed a performance was in 2010 when Axl brought back the aye aye aye aye aye. I like the whoa ohh ohh ohh ohh yeah of 2006 as well.

I chill out to the rio 3 version at times but skip it everytime when a boot comes out these days