It's one of those songs were you just know that no one could write/perform a song like that, it's just a great song. Also for those mentioning Metallica, I say to you this, they wish they could write or even sound as good as Coma.

For me, discovering this song was one of the great gems of becoming a GNR fan. The classics are great, but going through the illusion albums and hearing this for the first time is amazing! It's shocking that they wrote the song and pulled it off.

I'm glad a live performance surfaced, the song is underrated in the sense that you don't associate this song with the band. For most this song doesn't exist. It's one of my favorite to turn the bass up on and listen to in the car. It's just a great rock song.

Masterpiece, its incredible. While at the same time its so complex, its actually really simple, catchy, almost like a ballad while being heavy as hell. My favourite GN'R song yes. I want this to be played at my funeral.

Edited by Kosonen

This somg is just

Slash did not write the whole song.

He laid down structure of the guitar work and Axl done all the lyrics.

It was one of those times that they both brought out the best in each other much like estranged NR SCOM.

Yep this somg just proves how much musical genious there was between Axl and Slash and heir unparalleled chemistry on stage...

It was one of those times that they both brought out the best in each other much like estranged NR SCOM.

Slash brought the song. Slash came up with the initial idea and direction of it. It's a Slash song just like November Rain is an Axl song. Even if the musical input of both to the other one's songs made it 10 times better. Especially Slash with his November Rain and Estranged guitar work.

Slash brought the song. Slash came up with the initial idea and direction of it. It's a Slash song just like November Rain is an Axl song. Even if the musical input of both to the other one's songs made it 10 times better. Especially Slash with his November Rain and Estranged guitar work.

Agreed with Rovim. I certainly don't want to minimize Axl's input, because as I said, I think the lyrics fit the music perfectly, and this is a perfect example of them bringing out the absolue best in each other. But Axl himself said at the time Coma was Slash's baby (as Estranged was his, not minimizing Slash's contribution to that one either). Slash brought it in and it was called Girth, and it was like 12 minutes long. Axl passed out while working on the lyrics, that's how heavy it was apparently (don't really know how that goes but then I'm not a songwriter).

The last three minutes is arguably the best three minutes of Guns N' Roses in my opinion.

I think I've said it before but I was just going to post the same thing - the last 3 minutes of Coma are my favourite of GNR's entire catalog. The lyrics are outstanding.

i personally think this is gnr's best epic moment found on youtube

go to 4:00 where slash and duff sandwich axl and you have the true essence of GNR

very powerful

just saw you guys spoke about this in previous pages but what the hell...

Dude, I tried to do what you said. I waited (because coma kicks ass) so I didn't mind and then once it hit the 4 minute mark all I can see is Axl's junk all up in the screen.

I went back and tried again, same thing. I had to quit watching.

The mix on that performance is amazing. When their sound was right, it was amazing.

Edited by Smokin' Cigarettes

i personally think this is gnr's best epic moment found on youtube

go to 4:00 where slash and duff sandwich axl and you have the true essence of GNR

very powerful

just saw you guys spoke about this in previous pages but what the hell...

Dude, I tried to do what you said. I waited (because coma kicks ass) so I didn't mind and then once it hit the 4 minute mark all I can see is Axl's junk all up in the screen.

I went back and tried again, same thing. I had to quit watching.

The mix on that performance is amazing. When their sound was right, it was amazing.

hahaha pure coincidence

thats gross tho yes for sure

but you know what i mean - thats when the song takes it to another emotional level if not the highest in gnr's catalogue