Crazy, crazy Nights compilation double cd?

wasted

And at the end of the day.....who cares what the music is called.

Either you like it or you don't.

Titles and labels don't mean anything.

Some people get really hung up on trying to categorize huge groups of music/bands into one small label - usually in an attempt to bash or make fun of the music. But why? Who really cares what other people think about music you like.

GnR had a touch of glam and hair metal to their music. Axl's favorite singers back then were Elton John and Freddy Mercury.

Is anyone going to be picking this cd up?

I'm finding it hard to resist. I keep seeing ads on TV and stacks of them at HMV.

Seems like a fun summer cd to blast at barbqs.

It's a great CD. Lots of great music from the era.

I have no problem with Heart, they wrote alot of good catchy music. DAD were a great band, DAD Draws a Circle had some great songs. Tesla were popular in the US, overhyped a little for me. Bulletboys I tried to get into, they were nothing special. Queensryche leaned more towards a different form of music, Slient Lucidity was a beautiful song though, volume levels were low though for tape compilations. David Lee Roth solo never grabbed me. Paradise was probably his catchiest song. Living Colour were fine, lots of dross but something different back in the day and some real gems on their albums. Poison by Alice Cooper was a great track, the album was cheesy though. His guitarist, Kane Roberts, had a great album out in the 80s though, a Desmond Chiuld affair. Enuff Z Nuff were great, the next album was better. Cinderella had some amazing songs. Like the Damn Yankees, the albums were patchy, but the better songs were great great songs of the era. Twisted Sister were about the videos, great fun. FNM are one of my favourite bands ever, before and after Epic. I always thought the singer of Warrant was related to the ugly blonde out of old Beverley Hills 90210, the one related to the person who created the show, the name escapes me.

hah

Edited by Mysteron

That's what I mean I don't think it was there yet, it sounds more like hair metal. That could have been a one hit wonder for a hair band. But GNR just different with punk and various styles. But AFD tinged by that sound or something. Much more Stones and Zepp. It's all style really.

Is anyone going to be picking this cd up?

I'm finding it hard to resist. I keep seeing ads on TV and stacks of them at HMV.

Seems like a fun summer cd to blast at barbqs.

It's a great CD. Lots of great music from the era.

I have no problem with Heart, they wrote alot of good catchy music. DAD were a great band, DAD Draws a Circle had some great songs. Tesla were popular in the US, overhyped a little for me. Bulletboys I tried to get into, they were nothing special. Queensryche leaned more towards a different form of music, Slient Lucidity was a beautiful song though, volume levels were low though for tape compilations. David Lee Roth solo never grabbed me. Paradise was probably his catchiest song. Living Colour were fine, lots of dross but something different back in the day and some real gems on their albums. Poison by Alice Cooper was a great track, the album was cheesy though. His guitarist, Kane Roberts, had a great album out in the 80s though, a Desmond Chiuld affair. Enuff Z Nuff were great, the next album was better. Cinderella had some amazing songs. Like the Damn Yankees, the albums were patchy, but the better songs were great great songs of the era. Twisted Sister were about the videos, great fun. FNM are one of my favourite bands ever, before and after Epic. I always thought the singer of Warrant was related to the ugly blonde out of old Beverley Hills 90210, the one related to the person who created the show, the name escapes me.

hah

Bands like Guns, Faster Pussycat, Mötley LA Guns are seen as more punk rock or hard rock than hair metal?

I'd put Def Leppard before The Cult as hair band.

And at the end of the day.....who cares what the music is called.

Either you like it or you don't.

Titles and labels don't mean anything.

Some people get really hung up on trying to categorize huge groups of music/bands into one small label - usually in an attempt to bash or make fun of the music. But why? Who really cares what other people think about music you like.

GnR had a touch of glam and hair metal to their music. Axl's favorite singers back then were Elton John and Freddy Mercury.

I think the labels can just help you talk about stuff. Quite a lot of these songs I grew up seeing on top 40 video shows and I liked Crazy nights, Final Count Down etc more than the pop stuff but I didn't care. But when GNR came out suddenly I was get ready with the Betamax to record their videos. Then I found a lot of classic rock stuff from bands they mentioned and punk bands all the way back to Robert Johnson. I think it was Animal by Def Leppard was the first rock song I liked in a real way. I mean you go into the 90s and it just got more and more serious until Kurt is like blowing his head off. The Final Countdown is kind of a cool song really if you listen to the story in the lyrics.

Hollywood Rose, to my ears, sound far more like Judas Priest than the 'GN'R sound' which followed. Weber was a shredder and Axl employed more Halfordesque vocals in those days. Even Izzy's influence can not stop the Priest style seeping in. The key difference with Guns N' Roses is obviously Slash; at a time when everyone was ripping off Van Halen, he was the one guitarist who looked back to Keith Richards and Joe Perry.

I always thought it sounded more punk like Ramones but Priest maybe too. But I could imagine a band getting picked on Anything Goes then give some big drums and a solo, production and that probably do for a hair band. Luckily they all wanted to be more than that and seemed happy to wait to forge own identity.