Worse drummers in awesome bands

Georgy Zhukov

To be fair there's a lot of drummers that don't get noticed enough. Regardless of how good they are.

Yeah. Nick Mason doesn't get noticed but only because I don't think he wants to be noticed. Same with Phil Rudd and that guy from Aerosmith though I've heard the latter's drumo solos were painful to sit through.

• Like 1

It's not necessarily that Ringo is bad, it's just that there's so many other rock drummers that are so much better, he just looks bad by comparisson.

The Beatles weren't a rock band foremost though. I'd argue Ringo was more instrumental to the sound of the Beatles than Harrison was outside of his own songs.

Edited by bacardimayne

It's not necessarily that Ringo is bad, it's just that there's so many other rock drummers that are so much better, he just looks bad by comparisson.

Ringo will be the first to admit he is not the best drummer. He has confessed he can'cupcake to say his life but can fill like no other. His own son learned from Keith Moon. But his unique style paid off.

Charlie was a great drummer in the Stones. He and Bill kept it together while the rest did their thing.

• Like 1

The Beatles weren't a rock band foremost though. I'd argue Ringo was more instrumental to the sound of the Beatles than Harrison was outside of his own songs.
Definitely agree with that statement.