Slash -- "Yes, I Once Drugged My Girlfriend's Mom ... So We Could Bang on the Couch"

Guest Gunns

Of course I love Slash but jesus, he is so lame with how he tries to act "cool." His book was a fun read but its so full of cliches and him trying to glorify the excess and crap. Grow up, dude

This. But it was a stupid question anyway.

well, what do you expect from a "reporter" from TMZ ?LOL :huh: . Drugging the mother NOT COOL DUDE.....i was never stupid like that , fortunally.

I don't expect anything from TMZ as I don't really know TMZ. If that is the typical standard of TMZ, I won't bother getting to know it better either. It's still a stupid question.

Agree completly...it would only be a waste of precious time

• Like 1

Of course I love Slash but jesus, he is so lame with how he tries to act "cool." His book was a fun read but its so full of cliches and him trying to glorify the excess and crap. Grow up, dude

well, what do you expect from a "reporter" from TMZ ?LOL :huh: . Drugging the mother NOT COOL DUDE.....i was never stupid like that , fortunally.

(whoops, I accidentally quoted love&hates when I meant to quote Lio on her question of what TMZ was)

Let's just say that they're a tabloid company who pride themselves of being the ones who broke the news on Michael Jackson's death. So tasteful.

They were the ones who filmed Axl in LAX in 2009 when he hit a paparazzi (hopefully one from TMZ) and also again in 2012 when he was at LAX. They basically just constantly stalk celebs, trying to get a rise out of them or some form of information that can be used as a story on their shitty tabloid site.

In case you can't tell I can't stand that company.

Edited by RocketQueen1985
  • Like 2

Let's just say that they're a tabloid company who pride themselves of being the ones who broke the news on Michael Jackson's death. So tasteful.

They were the ones who filmed Axl in LAX in 2009 when he hit a paparazzi (hopefully one from TMZ) and also again in 2012 when he was at LAX. They basically just constantly stalk celebs, trying to get a rise out of them or some form of information that can be used as a story on their shitty tabloid site.

Yeah i know , they are like cockroaches. things like this is the price of the "freedom of press" ..."freedom of speech" . There is always gonna be people who use that with bad motives and in a bad way

(whoops, I accidentally quoted love&hates when I meant to quote Lio on her question of what TMZ was)

The paparazzi also likes making it seem like they're victims, but most of these guys are freelance amateurs who get some money for sending a video in. They decline a bunch if it was a complete invasion of privacy. Backyards and in the home are off limits. As far as celebs who are in a restaurant or coming out of a nightclub flipping out, find another place to go and don't be a baby about it. You're lucky to have a driver license.

It is a stupid remark from Slash and, if true, a stupid incident. Slash does do things like this, likes to look like some 'rock n' roll star' - but to be honest, you never heard Keith Richards coming out with this stuff.

Crue like behaviour.

More proof than GN'R were cack haha.

I fel

It is very important for some people to get outraged at everything Slash does.

It is. But I am the first one to criticise Ashba's ''I punched someone, and drank five bottles of Jack, and look how cool I am'', 'rock star'' fakery. It would be hypocritical of me to not criticise Hudson on this.

I feel you, man.

I just think people are overblowing the significance of this.

I can remember being in high school and a GF's house and her mom was drinking, and was having us make/pour her rum and cokes. We made them a little stronger SOLELY because we wanted her to get drunk and pass out............so we could be alone. That's not drugging her, but it's sort of on the same line.

This is something Slash did at 14 years old. That's 35 years ago or so? Making critical life statements/judgments about something a 14-year-old kid did 35-years ago..............it's just idiotic, imo.

I certainly wasn't perfect as a teenager and did a LOT of stupid things. I'd hate for people to start defining me as a person for what I did 30 years ago.

The majority of the erections is coming from people who just bash everything that Slash does because they think that is the best defense to make Axl look good.

I know you are not doing that DD - you are a great poster who usually is really logical in his posts.

It is a stupid remark from Slash and, if true, a stupid incident. Slash does do things like this, likes to look like some 'rock n' roll star' - but to be honest, you never heard Keith Richards coming out with this stuff.

Crue like behaviour.

I fel

It is. But I am the first one to criticise Ashba's ''I punched someone, and drank five bottles of Jack, and look how cool I am'', 'rock star'' fakery. It would be hypocritical of me to not criticise Hudson on this.

I feel you, man.

I can remember being in high school and a GF's house and her mom was drinking, and was having us make/pour her rum and cokes. We made them a little stronger SOLELY because we wanted her to get drunk and pass out............so we could be alone. That's not drugging her, but it's sort of on the same line.

This is something Slash did at 14 years old. That's 35 years ago or so? Making critical life statements/judgments about something a 14-year-old kid did 35-years ago..............it's just idiotic, imo.

I certainly wasn't perfect as a teenager and did a LOT of stupid things. I'd hate for people to start defining me as a person for what I did 30 years ago.

The majority of the "hate" is coming from people who just bash everything that Slash does because they think that is the best defense to make Axl look good.

I know you are not doing that DD - you are a great poster who usually is really logical in his posts.

That is all true but the problem here is not so much, the incident itself, but the fact that, fifty years on, married with children, here he is, sort of bragging about it. It is Crue type stuff. That is actually why I prefer Duff's book to Slash's (and Adler's); Slash's book is littered with this ''atypical rock star' behaviour.

• Like 1

Gotcha, that makes sense.

I don't think he said it to try and look cool though. I think that's who he is and he might not be the smartest guy in the world. To him it's a funny story that he'd share with the "fellas" if he was out drinking with his boys.

But I agree with you. At this stage in life, with kids, he probably shouldn't be sharing those stories with the media. Time to move more towards the fatherhood role instead of the rockstar role.

Crue like behaviour.

I fel

I feel you, man.

The majority of the erections is coming from people who just bash everything that Slash does because they think that is the best defense to make Axl look good.

That'd all be true if he wasn't fucking bragging about it 35 years later like it's some badass rock n' roll story to be proud of. Not everything is black and white Axl vs. Slash shit. Some people can just recognize a shit thing without being part of a lunatic agenda.

• Like 2

Crue like behaviour.

I fel

I feel you, man.

That'd all be true if he wasn't fucking bragging about it 35 years later like it's some badass rock n' roll story to be proud of. Not everything is black and white Axl vs. Slash shit. Some people can just recognize a shit thing without being part of a lunatic agenda.

Listen

Rock n' Roll is about to look cool. Yes, even stupid moves like this

I know you don't like these things, but it's the way it is

Btw using the word: agenda on a GNR forum is warchildesque

Edited by Crash Diet

Crue like behaviour.

I fel

I feel you, man.

Listen

Rock n' roll is about acting like a douche and telling exaggerated stories. I'm aware of this. Doesn't make it any less shit. Anyone who thinks this story is "cool" should be given lethal injection.

Once again your reading comprehension fails. Groghan is the one running around accusing everyone of having some anti-Slash/defend-Axl agenda. I'm just commenting on that. I get that you're from Hungary or some shit and English isn't your first language, but please read the post carefully before making a dumb response next time.

Crue like behaviour.

I fel

I feel you, man.

Listen

Rock n' roll is about acting like a douche and telling exaggerated stories. I'm aware of this. Doesn't make it any less shit. Anyone who thinks this story is "cool" should be given lethal injection.

Once again your reading comprehension fails. Groghan is the one running around accusing everyone of having some anti-Slash/defend-Axl agenda. I'm just commenting on that. I get that you're from Hungary or some shit and English isn't your first language, but please read the post carefully before making a dumb response next time.

I never accused Mags of having some anti-Slash/defend-Axl agenda.