Led Zeppelin IV and Houses Of The Holy reissues

Silent Jay

I side with Robert Plant and his opinion of these reissues in that they are a waste of time.

I'm all for digging thru the vaults and finding unreleased songs but something like Black Dog with an alternate guitar solo? Go fuck yourself

• Like 1

I side with Robert Plant and his opinion of these reissues in that they are a waste of time.

I'm all for digging thru the vaults and finding unreleased songs but something like Black Dog with an alternate guitar solo? Go fuck yourself

At least the original albums were well remastered, they are definitely the best digital versions of these songs that have existed so it isn't a total waste! But yeah I feel that the bonus disks of IV and Houses are pretty underwhelming

What are the box sets? I think I know which ones you are talking about. They were released years ago.

Came out in 1990, along with ReMasters

There were 3 box sets, the 4 disc one that had the best of the best, the second box set had the rest of the songs plus the unreleased song Baby Come On Home, and the third one was just a 2 disc paring down of the 4 disc best of.

lol at these cash grabs

The Hard Zepp remasters sounds better than any reissue/remix/refuck

This is mostly about Jimmy having the albums remastered for iTunes, that's where the money's at, not in the Deluxe Editions. But if Led Zeppelin had just promoted "remastered for iTunes", would people who already have those albums cared? So he had to throw in a lot extra this time around, even though he and Robert had said they had nothing in the vaults. The interesting thing is that they were putting alternate mixes out because they assume most of the fans have everything else bootlegged. I take that as Jimmy wanting people to seek the bootlegs out. For all we know, he may have leaked some of the soundboards himself.

• Like 1

Cash grabs. They remastered them in the 90s. The recent Queen ones were cash grabs also. I think all the bands are getting their final remasters in because they know, in five years time nobody will buy this shit.

How accessible are the vinyl versions from the 90s? I am happy that they've re-released them. I've purchased the standard vinyl for I-III so far. I don't care for the bonuses.