Slash Never Performed Live Sober Until 2006

STPFAN

People used to complain because Axl didn't hang out with the band anymore ... I wonder why ....

Who wants to put up with an always-drunk-guy?

Bitch please. By looking at Axl, we can clearly see he is no stranger to alcohol.

This is true.

I wonder if it's booze though or if it's like prescription meds.... even Duff got addicted to Xanax. I feel like that puffed up thing and hiding behind shades is prescription medicine at work.... but then again I could be talking out of my butt.

Personally I'm curious how much weed Slash smokes... if he smokes it at all. I found it helped me learn guitar quite a bit haha.

Watching him play that Sydney show and contrasting it with GNR shows is amazing. His shredding in GNR was pretty spotty and now I've seen him almost go overboard in terms of technicality/speed as he's gotten so much better. Anastasia in Sydney just knocked me on my ass.

Edit: May as well include it :D.

Edited by Ant

Good for him. But playing the guitar after a few beers feels really good. Not sure about the drugs tho.

I am sure there was never a time that Slash stopped at just a few beers :lol:

Anyways good on him for kicking those habits, tons of other musicians who were addicts weren't as lucky in that regard

People used to complain because Axl didn't hang out with the band anymore ... I wonder why ....

Maybe they had to be drunk to deal with his dictatorship. Who wants to put up with a dictator man-child like Axl sober?

Why doesn't he hang out with his new band? They are all sober and paid to enjoy his company.

Maybe they had to be drunk to deal with his dictatorship. Who wants to put up with a dictator man-child like Axl sober?

Why doesn't he hang out with his new band? They are all sober and paid to enjoy his company.

It's all Axl's fault that everyone in the band was a raging drug addict/alcoholic! That's a new one.

• Like 2

It's all Axl's fault that everyone in the band was a raging drug addict/alcoholic! That's a new one.

And the memories from the dictatorship made them keep drinking well after the break-up.

• Like 2

What about GUNNER PT's post? It's also new to me that Axl didn't want to hang out with the band cause they were always drunk. Even though the one to arrive at 5 AM at rehearsals was Axl... The one not able to get his shit together and be productive was Axl, not the drunk ones.

Also, the new band being paid to be nice to Axl and yet he never hangs out with them. An they are all sober... You sure the problem is not Axl? K. :lol:

Edited by ProstituteComa

Not everyone in the band is sober. Tommy and DJ aren't. Bumblefoot drinks on occassion just like most other people I believe. I don't know about the others.

Axl has hung out with DJ in private, he was out with Pitman in SA, and Bumblefoot has been out to clubs with Axl.

I'm not saying they're BFF's or whatever. Maybe Axl prefers to keep private life and work seperate these days.

Craig Duswalt said Axl very rarely drank. Because of that Craig would usually go out drinking with Slash instead.

:lol:

Man, when you have to deal with drunk people you have to put some order in the house ... you need to be kind of dictator ... or you won't get nothing done.

Richard and Frank are family guys, they don't hang around.

Pitoman is drunk.

Tommy is drunk.

BBF takes drugs and alcohol to kill the pain.

Dizzy ... you can see in his eyes that he smokes "stuff".

DJ ... you don't want to hang around with him even if he is sober.

Well.... but, if you don't like this theory, I have another one:

Axl is drunk, and some drunk people like to be alone, so he don't hang around with sober people.

And now, the truth .... there's a lot of pictures of Axl hanging around with the new guys. :shrugs:

you need to be kind of dictator ... or you won't get nothing done.

Well then what is his excuse from 1994 onwards? Because if there is anything GNR under Axl's control is known for it is getting stuff done ;)

Edited by WhazUp

I love to watch Axl fans become puritans. It happens frequently. They forget the fact that Appetite - Guns N' Roses's best album - was made on a daily diet of cheap whores, booze and smack,, and that, Stinson is currently an alchy. Is there any stupidity you people will not resort to?

• Like 1

I love to watch Axl fans become puritans. It happens frequently. They forget the fact that Appetite - Guns N' Roses's best album - was made on a daily diet of cheap whores, booze and smack,, and that, Stinson is currently an alchy. Is there any stupidity you people will not resort to?

This is why i made my thread a few hours ago about fans being hypocritical as fuck

Surprised Slash never got his liver transplanted the way you hear about him downing the whiskey.

I enjoy the drink more than I ought to but these guys were downing what was it, 10 bottles of wine a day Duff said lol, god knows how much Tommy drinks, the human body can sure take a beating.