New mygnrforum section coming soon!

UK SUBS

What, and fan boy wars aren't happening now since the Slash section got dumped in the nuGnR dungheap?

It's a long simmering idea that should at least be tried out.

I still see posts now and then in the admin section "bring back Attitude".

So...bring it back in a paid environment.

If you're style is antagonistic and cupcake-ish, have at it in a supporter environment.

Anyone who partakes in douchey behaviour in non supporter areas get offered an option, move on...or move up to the attitude section in the supporter section, where that sort of behaviour is allowed.

Non supporter areas start to move back to being amicable and the vast amount of non supporters can continue on as per usual (with the perk of a hassle free environment).

If anything, it might entice more new members here to discuss nuGnR.

The other areas of a Supporter section sound good as well.

Magisme modding in there.. :devilshades: it's entertaining already! I like it.

The anyone can mod for $100 sounds really dangerous though, you'd have to carefully think that one through and have a guideline of what is considered acceptable moderation for those who fit that criteria. And how many get to mod for $100? What's the limit on that?

I've always liked the idea and I'm happy to see it's back on the table for consideration. :shades:

• Like 4

What, and fan boy wars aren't happening now since the Slash section got dumped in the nuGnR dungheap?

If you're style is antagonistic and cupcake-ish, have at it in a supporter environment.

Anyone who partakes in douchey behaviour in non supporter areas get offered an option, move on...or move up to the attitude section in the supporter section, where that sort of behaviour is allowed.

Non supporter areas start to move back to being amicable and the vast amount of non supporters can continue on as per usual (with the perk of a hassle free environment).

The anyone can mod for $100 sounds really dangerous though, you'd have to carefully think that one through and have a guideline of what is considered acceptable moderation for those who fit that criteria. And how many get to mod for $100? What's the limit on that?

I've always liked the idea and I'm happy to see it's back on the table for consideration. :shades:

Agreed

Someone needs to contact Thomas Meadow to come back and have his account reactivated.

Im looking forward to Broski finally making that donation he mentioned.

And ratbrain, certainly he qualifies for mod status too based on his monetary contribution.

:no:

C16

Don't know if I'm honest that's why I'm taking all feedback in before finalising :)

I think if you give them too much control then it might detract others (supporters mind you) from posting in the regular section because of it. I think if they can merge/hide posts then there shouldn't really be much lash-back

p.s. - C16 (lol). I'm thinking of updating my screen name here from Coma16 to Deepweb.

Someone needs to contact Thomas Meadow to come back and have his account reactivated.

And ratbrain, certainly he qualifies for mod status too based on his monetary contribution.

daniel-bryan-NO.gif

Would the "mods" be able to just hide posts or give stern warnings too?

My plan would be to hide and warn users whose posts do NOT contain personal insults.

For real, though, "mods" in that sections shouldn't have proper disciplinary powers I don't think. That should be reserved for mods without quotation marks, which of course excludes Black Sabbath from handing out discipline as well. So it goes.

Whatever happened to his thread? I've seen him posting his tinfoil crap all over the place lately, things were better when it was contained in one thread.

Would the "mods" be able to just hide posts or give stern warnings too?

My plan would be to hide and warn users whose posts do NOT contain personal insults.

For real, though, "mods" in that sections shouldn't have proper disciplinary powers I don't think. That should be reserved for mods without quotation marks, which of course excludes Black Sabbath from handing out discipline as well. So it goes.

Black Sabbath is living the "mod" dream!

I'm not sold on this idea ( and I think I hit the $100 mark just). I can see why you want to encourage supporter status but I think having our own area will be divisive. Personally I donate because I enjoy being part of this forum and I realise it doesn't run on thin air. I don't expect anything more in return than what I already have.

Semi official moderation sounds like a nightmare. I can hear the screams already. Lol

Send everyone who donates a bumper sticker...free advertising. :-)

JB laid this out a little while back in another thread, which I thought had some good points/ideas:

Here's an idea:

How about a News section near the top of the forum that everyone can view and read, but only Supporters can post in?

There would be several advantages.

1. It might entice some people to become Supporters, so they could get their 2 cents in on a hot topic.

2. It would be a "digest" version of D+N. Casual readers of the forum could read through a 2-3 page thread on recent news with comments by Supporter, rather than wading through a 65+ page thread in the main section.

3. It might function as almost a reverse ATTITUDE section, where the overall quality of discussion is a bit higher, since generally, people who choose to become Supporters tend to be more dedicated MYGNR members.

Again, it would not be a secret, or hidden section, everyone (even guests) can view/read, but only Supporters could post. I think you guys would gain a few new Supporters this way.

If it doesn't work out, they section could be absorbed into D+N after a 6 month trial.

Edited by Mansin Humanity
  • Like 2

More info on the way but.....

New supporters VIP only section being developed -- "attitude" CAN be developed within that private VIP section. High donators (TBC) can moderate the content #dementedsectionsoon

Prob a GNR section -- an AG type section (new name) and an attitude section.

Anyone donating $100 or more will have the option (they can decline) to moderate the entire section.

Currently magisime would be the only mod if he wanted....

Thoughts?

Both ER and myself will make ourselves available for any questions

So if you pay top dollar you can harass other members/band members/ making fun of them?

If you pay can you shitposting that section all you want?

Well i consider donating to this forum....

NO

New supporters VIP only section being developed -- "attitude" CAN be developed within that private VIP section. High donators (TBC) can moderate the content #dementedsectionsoon

Anyone donating $100 or more will have the option (they can decline) to moderate the entire section.

Thoughts?

So if you pay top dollar you can harass other members/band members/ making fun of them?

NO

Can I ban this moron with mod powers? That might be worth it.

To be honest.... bad idea. I think it would be bad for the board in general that there would be a free and a paid section for both things. Two places to discuss the same is never good. Basically you'd cut the forum in half and maybe create confusion and/or clique's in the process. People would miss information and/or discussion.

Basically, I think it's sensible for supporters to get perks like message space, no flood limit etc etc etc. That's a matter of features. But I don't think you should also divide content.

Agreed 100%

If this really happening then this forums "free" section turned out to be a graveyard within 1 month or so...

Edited by Crash Diet

Terrible idea, terrible viewpoint

This is why i don't like you as a mod, but i like you as a poster

If posters like Broski, Damn_Smooth etc. have a mod power over there, you would got a clique with a bunch of cupcakes being mods for 100 dollars

If you got more money and you donate you rule

This is a shit concept and if this materialise i think this is the end of mygnr for good (it will become only 20-30 posters private forum)

Try it then you will see it

JB laid this out a little while back in another thread, which I thought had some good points/ideas:

Here's an idea:

How about a News section near the top of the forum that everyone can view and read, but only Supporters can post in?

1. It might entice some people to become Supporters, so they could get their 2 cents in on a hot topic.

2. It would be a "digest" version of D+N. Casual readers of the forum could read through a 2-3 page thread on recent news with comments by Supporter, rather than wading through a 65+ page thread in the main section.

3. It might function as almost a reverse ATTITUDE section, where the overall quality of discussion is a bit higher, since generally, people who choose to become Supporters tend to be more dedicated MYGNR members.

Again, it would not be a secret, or hidden section, everyone (even guests) can view/read, but only Supporters could post. I think you guys would gain a few new Supporters this way.

If it doesn't work out, they section could be absorbed into D+N after a 6 month trial.

Hmm this will be a better idea overall and would improve this forum a lot

Edited by Crash Diet

Here's an idea:

This could be a good compromise and might end up working really well.

Thoughts?

NO
Can I ban this moron with mod powers? That might be worth it.

Yes you can

Which is why i think SoulMonsters and username's points are spot on

Less people will donte if you and broski become mods

Time will tell i guess