Deadpool (2016)

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Just not big on comic book movies. Especially Marvel, they just...don't sit well with me. They all feel so cheesy, with a handful of exceptions (Particularly the Dark Knight trilogy and Dredd). I cringed watching the trailer for Deadpool. 

I'm not big on superhero movies either but I quite liked this one. Funnier than the trailer suggested. 

Worth seeing once. Some of the humour is a bit "lolsorandom/<holdsupspork>" but there's enough jokes that hit, I found it much funnier than Guardians of the Galaxy. Action was decent.

Funny reading how a huge climactic action set-piece with a ton of guns had to be cut for budgetary reasons so

in the film Deadpool ends up leaving all his guns in Dopinder's cab.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

They broke the fourth wall quite a bit, probably my favourite film to do so frequently since Ferris.

Yeah that's a trademark of the character. Friend who is a fan of the comics pointed out you never see him break the fourth wall before he turns into Deadpool, as it's implied that he could just be talking to himself as a result of brain tumours (which grow and die and regrow due to his powers).

Just now, Amir said:

Yeah that's a trademark of the character. Friend who is a fan of the comics pointed out you never see him break the fourth wall before he turns into Deadpool, as it's implied that he could just be talking to himself as a result of brain tumours (which grow and die and regrow due to his powers).

I only had exposure to the game beforehand (it's a lot of fun!) and it's there as well. Just saying that they did it very well in the film too. 

2 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I only had exposure to the game beforehand (it's a lot of fun!) and it's there as well. Just saying that they did it very well in the film too. 

Yeah, I wonder if it'll be as effective in a sequel or if novelty factor will wear off. They're looking to have Cable in a follow-up, who is a very serious character, but they've already done the Deadpool with Straight Man thing in this one with Colossus. I'm not familiar with the Cable/Deadpool comics but they have their fans.

After-credits scene:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rz1wo_deadpool-2016-after-credits-cam-version-spoiler_shortfilms

22 hours ago, Amir said:

He's got more than once voice going on in there. The speaking one, the yellow inner crazy one, and the logical white one.

0ivIz5m.jpg

• Like 1