Axl writing his autobiography

JoGer99

What I don't understand, is that all these years, he hasn't really tried to set the record straight.

Too late. What's the point of setting the record straight after years and years of Slash and co. setting the record straight? Nobody cares about it, I mean, outside the forums.

That said, he sort of tried to fight back in 2001-2002. For example, by blaming Slash and co. for not wanting to continue with the band, by saying they all left because they wanted and their negative attitude against songs most Gn'R fans love.

What I don't understand, is that all these years, he hasn't really tried to set the record straight.

Too late. What's the point of setting the record straight after years and years of Slash and co. setting the record straight? Nobody cares about it, I mean, outside the forums.

That said, he sort of tried to fight back in 2001-2002. For example, by blaming Slash and co. for not wanting to continue with the band, by saying they all left because they wanted and their negative attitude against songs most Gn'R fans love.

I think he believes that, no matter what, mountains of shit are going to come at him. You can read in the press (and the message boards) how cruel and intense people can get over the things he does. Some of it is brought on himself, but some of it is also pretty excessive.

Also, he probably thinks he's in a decent spot with the new band, touring in places where there's demand and will maaaaybe release an album again. If he starts giving his opinion on the original line-up it will stir everything up again and he really sees it as a no-win situation.

Also, Slash & co. haven't really set the record straight. They clearly lied for years about being forced to sign the name over the Axl and, in the words of Marc, "Slash lies" to make himself look cooler. The reality is (probably) they broke up for creative and personal differences plus everyone but Axl was addicted to drugs and alcohol. That makes people selfish, manipulative and hurts their ability to think straight.

It's sad, but he probably wants the whole thing out of his life. Though don't get me wrong, I'd flip a shit if he wrote an autobiography and included not just stuff with Slash & co., but also everything from '96 and onward.

• Like 1

I think he believes that, no matter what, mountains of shit are going to come at him. You can read in the press (and the message boards) how cruel and intense people can get over the things he does. Some of it is brought on himself, but some of it is also pretty excessive.

Also, he probably thinks he's in a decent spot with the new band, touring in places where there's demand and will maaaaybe release an album again. If he starts giving his opinion on the original line-up it will stir everything up again and he really sees it as a no-win situation.

Also, Slash & co. haven't really set the record straight. They clearly lied for years about being forced to sign the name over the Axl and, in the words of Marc, "Slash lies" to make himself look cooler. The reality is (probably) they broke up for creative and personal differences plus everyone but Axl was addicted to drugs and alcohol. That makes people selfish, manipulative and hurts their ability to think straight.

It's sad, but he probably wants the whole thing out of his life. Though don't get me wrong, I'd flip a shit if he wrote an autobiography and included not just stuff with Slash & co., but also everything from '96 and onward.

And that's because he chose to shut up instead of denying the lies Slash and co. were *supposedly* spreading. It's anyone's fault but his. :shrugs:

We're not discussing why he doesn't say anything about the real issues behind real Gn'R break-up now, I think we can agree it's kind of a "damned I do damned I don't" situation for Axl. However, we're discussing why he decided to sit back and listen while others decided to shit on him for years. See, his supporters will claim he did it because of his integrity, blah, blah. Well, I prefer to think that he couldn't fight the truth behind most the things they were saying. And, why did it hurt him so bad? and why he's so upset with Slash, still? Because he never thought people that he loved would go to those lengths with no consideration whatsoever of how much of an impact it would cause on him.

Slash and co. never lied about being forced to sign the name over. Will you show me verified proof of that being a complete lie? Because everyone seems to agree it happened the way it happened. And no, a scanned paper from an unreliable source who only seeks attention will not help. Sorry.

Yes, Marc said "Slash lies to make himself look cool" but why are you choosing to take in consideration only 50% of the things Marc has stated? He, Marc, also stated that most of the things Slash has said about his relationship with Axl were not lies but somehow, Axl believed they were. While Slash lied about visiting Axl's house in 2005 o 2006, that didn't and doesn't make every single thing Slash has said, a lie. Again, it was Marc who said this, the same source that you choose to believe about Slash lying to "make himself look cool".

Drug and alcohol were always present and since the early days of Gn'R. It was never a problem when they had to record a new album. I do agree that in some way, Axl could have wanted to avoid the presence of others since they were killing themselves. I also agree that it's very hard to deal with drug addicts, but I never stated that I think Slash and co. are not guilty for what happened with the band. They all were, and sorry but Axl was guilty as well.

Axl formed a new band, with alcohol and drug-free musicians wanting to play the material, wanting to move forward. They were the best, the greatest musicians on the planet to work under the GN'R name and what happened? They all left too. That should give you an idea of what and/or who you should believe.

• Like 1

And that's because he chose to shut up instead of denying the lies Slash and co. were *supposedly* spreading. It's anyone's fault but his. :shrugs:

We're not discussing why he doesn't say anything about the real issues behind real Gn'R break-up now, I think we can agree it's kind of a "damned I do damned I don't" situation for Axl. However, we're discussing why he decided to sit back and listen while others decided to shit on him for years. See, his supporters will claim he did it because of his integrity, blah, blah. Well, I prefer to think that he couldn't fight the truth behind most the things they were saying. And, why did it hurt him so bad? and why he's so upset with Slash, still? Because he never thought people that he loved would go to those lengths with no consideration whatsoever of how much of an impact it would cause on him.

Slash and co. never lied about being forced to sign the name over. Will you show me verified proof of that being a complete lie? Because everyone seems to agree it happened the way it happened. And no, a scanned paper from an unreliable source who only seeks attention will not help. Sorry.

Yes, Marc said "Slash lies to make himself look cool" but why are you choosing to take in consideration only 50% of the things Marc has stated? He, Marc, also stated that most of the things Slash has said about his relationship with Axl were not lies but somehow, Axl believed they were. While Slash lied about visiting Axl's house in 2005 o 2006, that didn't and doesn't make every single thing Slash has said, a lie. Again, it was Marc who said this, the same source that you choose to believe about Slash lying to "make himself look cool".

Drug and alcohol were always present and since the early days of Gn'R. It was never a problem when they had to record a new album. I do agree that in some way, Axl could have wanted to avoid the presence of others since they were killing themselves. I also agree that it's very hard to deal with drug addicts, but I never stated that I think Slash and co. are not guilty for what happened with the band. They all were, and sorry but Axl was guilty as well.

Axl formed a new band, with alcohol and drug-free musicians wanting to play the material, wanting to move forward. They were the best, the greatest musicians on the planet to work under the GN'R name and what happened? They all left too. That should give you an idea of what and/or who you should believe.

Actually I think Axl went much more in depth than any of the other guys have when he did his chats here. Maybe you don't agree with him, but he gave a pretty detailed account of his side.