Albums and Movies that changed your life

31illusions

For me it sincerely was AFD. It got me into Hard Rock, Metal and a lot of other bands. AFD inspired me to play drums, to become a musician.

To this day (25 years later) I'm still obsessed with GN'R. I even got a GN'R tattoo. Although times have changed, my taste for GN'R never will.

My all time favorite movie is Terminator 2. It was one of the first movies to use extensive CGI in creating the T-1000. It's action packed with

the entire world is at stake in this movie. With the combination of GN'R 'YCBM' and Arnold Schwarzenegger, this movie is unstoppable!!!!!!!!

Edited by 31illusions

Woodstock: The album and the movie.

At a young age I was quite impacted by the power of music, the ability to draw together as a community.

I still remember when I opened the gatefold album covers and saw that 3 panel wide photo of a sea of people, it was a "woah" moment.

Considering gatherings of that size, at that time were rather unheard of, it made a big impression.

Plus the wide range of music that came together under one roof was impressive, from Richie Havens to Hendrix, I just love it all.

I was obsessed with it for some time, I still play the album(s) and watch the movie at least once a year.

I was a little boy, maybe back in 1995 when I was out with my dad and he popped in The John Lennon Collection. I immediately became uncool after that. Would have been better off socially if I'd gotten into Nirvana, my brother blasted his Nevermind cassette all the time. My other brother blasted his heavy metal music I don't remember what he bands but I would have been really uncool. But my ears settled for Imagine. Then I listened to Zeppelin's BBC Sessions. So I pretty much listened to music many years before I was born.

Thank God for John Lennon.

• Like 1

I remember my brothers playing Thriller on vinyl all the time. My cousin was obessed with him, heartbroken when he was thought to be a child molester. I think that is why she is a hardcore Republican now. She doesn't even want rights!

Listening to Stairway to Heaven was also life changing. That song that should be played when someone thinks Rock and Roll is just noise, Stairway to Heaven is the song they should listen to.

Which one would that be?

Come on, its not like it is the same exact song. So the progression in be beginning of Stairway sounds similar to that Spirit song. Big fucking deal. They've waited long enough to cry about it.

You know how many musicians "ripped off" Bo Diddley? Or just about every black musician before 1960? Lots...

Bon Jovi - Crossroads (1st rock album I owned)

Iron Maiden - Live in Donington (1st contact with "heavy" music)

U2 - Pop (1st time I listened to rock music mixed with electronic elements, there was no turning back)

NIN - The Fragile (Basically the album that shaped my music taste and just blew my mind as a teenager. I don't know how my life would be if I never had downloaded "We're in this together" from KaZaA in a late night, sometime in 2000)

Oh, memories...

OH GOD CANT B ARSED TYPING A WHOLE BIG THINH SO.......THERE AUCTUALLY IS ONLY 3 ALBUMS THAT AUCTUALLY CHANGED THINGS NOT JUST THAT I LOVED BUT AUCTUALLY CHANGED THINGS

AFD- INTRODUCED ME TO THE REAL WORLD AT 16 (I USED TOO SAY "IM A MOSHER")
CONTRABAND AT 19 iNTRODUCED ME TO DRUGS/WEILAND/STP/BOWIE/VR/DOORS
BLOOD SWEAT AND TOWERS -TOWERS OF LONDON- INTRODUCED ME TO VESTS GETTING BEAT UP PLAYING GUITAR AND JUST BEING YOUNG N THINKIN IM JOHNY ROTTEN/DONNY TOURETTE
NOW I GUESSS ALL I HAVE ARE MEMORIES IM WAY TOO OLD TOO BE INFLUENCED/CHANGED LIK THAT AGAIN GOD I MISS IT THOSE 3 ALBUMS ALMOST MAKE ME GREET NOW
  • Like 2

With Teeth by NIN is a pretty weird piece of work for me cause it kinda reflects a dark period of my existence that went on with that record. The Shining still intrigues the fuck outta me as a movie, I've seen it maybe 40 times now and still trying to piece it together, King's novel is a ghost house classic and only about 50% of it makes its way into the movie, so the tandem are both separate interpretations of the same disturbing, delightful seed of a concept.