Favorite Video Game?

Crash Bandicoot 2 (I actually played them all up to Crash Twinsanity in my youth, the classic Naughtydog run will always be my favorite tho).

Warcraft III and basically the whole Warcraft era (didnt finish Warcraft 1 and 2 tho, too dated I guess).

Metal Gear Solid (Played most of them except the handheld games and IV).

I love games with a deeply integrated story line in general and the last two series I mentioned have that. Crash Bandicoot is still the holy grail of my youth tho, spend countless hours playing that game.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time will always be my favorite, because of how much of a classic it is

I remember getting the game on release date as a kid and being hyped as fuck for it. Definitely did not disappoint.

Honorable mentions to Rock Band 3, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Shadow of the Colossus

SNES: A Link to the Past

PSX: Crash Bandicoot series

PS2: God of War 2

Gamecube: The Wind Waker / SSM Melee

PS3: Demon's Souls / The Last of Us

PS4: Probably Bloodborne

Wii U: Mario Kart 8

PC: Diablo 2

Gameboy: Link's Awakening

Edited by st0n3r

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Streets of Rage 2

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Castlevania ( Dracula X is prob. best but I like the entire series )

Metal Slug

Guardian Heroes

Resident Evil ( like 1st 2 the best )

Ecco the Dolphin ( original can be pretty tough, great atmosphere for a 16 bit game tho, one of the best intros ever )

Mega Man ( like all the originals and then X and X4 were really good )

Halo 2 - ( very fun to play when Online gaming was in its infancy, not so much anymore )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Plants Vs Zombies...I am not great with skilled shooting or driving with more sophisticated games. I've tried Halo and just end up in a corner I can't get out of. I love Mortal Kombat but it's a workout for me! I'm all over the couch when I play that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to pick one, in a desert island kind of situation, it would have to be something like Grand Theft Auto 5 or Red Dead Redemption since they're such large games with endless possibilities.  

That said, I have very fond memories of Resident Evil 4, Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World, and many of the Sierra games like the Kings Quest series and Leisure Suit Larry.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I went back and played GTA IV and its been like a revelation to me. this game is flat out dope and its a mystery to me why i didn't see the greatness before. i mean the depth and detail is incredible. for example, police officers walking the beat wear rain coats and plastic bags over their hats when its rainy. another one is bums come up to you asking for money. probably the best storyline in the GTA series aswell...all the characters have good depth even the minor ones.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- This was my introduction to RPGs and open world. I've played once on PS3 and am currently playing again on PC. I have 75 hours logged as of yesterday. 

The Last of Us- Amazing game. I played it last year and it was the first game where I became emotionally connected to the characters. There were a couple times where I got a little choked up. Naught Dog did a fantastic job. Can't wait for the second game. 

Madden NFL (any year)- huge NFL fan. Pretty much grew up on this game. 

COD 4: Modern Warfare- this one speaks for itself. Great storyline, great characters, just a great game overall and an instant classic. 

• 4 weeks later...

Have to give a special mention to Deadly Premonition, which was just bizarrely amazing. Terrible graphics, shockingly broken gameplay... and yet one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, was like playing Twin Peaks. :lol: Anyone who hasn't played it should give it a try, although it's one people will either absolutely love or hate. On 360 and PS3.

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64

Playstation 1: GTA I

Playstation 2: Tony Hawk's Underground, GTA: Vice City

PC: F.E.A.R.

Game Boy Color: Pokemon - Crystal Edition

Game Boy Advance: Yu-Gi-Oh! Dungeondice Monsters

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1