Favorite Video Game?

Ocarina of time, halo series (I like the older halos best, 2 might be my fav multiplayer and 1 campaign, but I've enjoyed each game). Also someone said that Mario game on SNES with multiple games, I think it was called Super Mario Allstars. I loves that game also and still could play it all day. Also Super Smash Bros for the 64

Oh yeah, that's what it was called. I had the one that also had Super Mario World on it, too. Lotsa good memories playing all that stuff. While we're on the topic of Mario, any of the Paper Mario games. Such great stories and gameplay. I also like Mario Party 8 because that's the first one I remember playing.

I'm also seeing Red Dead Redemption tossed around, and that's another one I really loved. I loved L.A. Noire the first time I played it, but in hindsight, it could have been a lot better, and I was kinda burned out by the Arson desk (Ignore the possible puns with that one, please). Grand Theft Auto V is also a current favorite.

Oh, and the Jak and Daxter series. Those were always fun. This is a hard question, haha.

I'm waiting to play through GTA V again on PS4 before I've completely made my mind up about how good it is. I do like the online stuff, though it could've been more refined, it doesn't change the fact that it's still some of the most fun I've had on my Xbox 360. I rate GTA IV higher than most though, so I'll wait until I get through the story again to see how it compares. Red Dead Redemption was basically a perfect single player experience.

Mario All Stars (SNES)

Mario Kart (SNES)

Secret Of Mana (SNES)

TMNT Arcade

Turtles In Time (SNES)

Street Fighter 4, super something arcade turbo alpha edition plus

Mortal Kombat II

Jurassic Park (SNES)

Double Dragon

Sim City

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis

Star Wars Battlefront II

Battlefield whatever

Transformers Fall Of Cybertron ( was in top 1% in multiplayer rankings when I had an xbox )

also would like to add stranded II especially with massive mod/survivalist mod, oh and gothic 1-3 especially the night of the raven and a fully community patched gothic III with content mod and quest pack it makes gothic III one of the greatest open world rpgs you could play.

Edited by bran

• 2 weeks later...

Might add FFVI to my list.

This.

I loved VI, IX (the longest), and X. VII was still great though, but the other ones I have the fondest memories of. Honorable mentions to V and VIII (which had alot of alot flaws, but still fairly good)

XIII was way too linear and XIII-2 was too much of a cash in. XII was good, but it was just missing that spark.

XIV I just started on my PS4 not long ago, so I'm not really sure yet. Never played XI unfortunately.

Chrono Trigger is up there with VI for me too, it is basically Final Fantasy with Time Travel. Anyone who disputes that the gameplay and the spells which are basically laid out the same with renames (Dark Matter = Ultima) ect. are in denial. It looks like a Final Fantasy SNES game, plays like it. Sounds like it and was made by the same people. The only deviation from some FF games is random encounters.

Edited by AtariLegend

Might add FFVI to my list.

This.

I loved VI, IX (the longest), and X. VII was still great though, but the other ones I have the fondest memories of. Honorable mentions to V and VIII (which had alot of alot flaws, but still fairly good)

XIII was way too linear and XIII-2 was too much of a cash in. XII was good, but it was just missing that spark.

XIV I just started on my PS4 not long ago, so I'm not really sure yet. Never played XI unfortunately.

Chrono Trigger is up there with VI for me too, it is basically Final Fantasy with Time Travel. Anyone who disputes that the gameplay and the spells which are basically laid out the same with renames (Dark Matter = Ultima) ect. are in denial. It looks like a Final Fantasy SNES game, plays like it. Sounds like it and was made by the same people. The only deviation from some FF games is random encounters.

chrono trigger and chrono cross are awesome. the music in those games are top notch as well.

I started messing around with the Total War series the other day.

Rome II and Shogun II are really fun if you can get into strategy games. Definitely takes some thinking.

Rome 2 is the worst Total War to date, by some distance.

Loving the appreciation for Zelda, Paper Mario 1+2 and KOTOR.

Some epic games there.

Loving the new content in the console version of Diablo III with Reaper of Souls.

I only ever played Diablo 3 on PC. Never really got into it after I finished.

The only difficulties you can play the game through on first playthrough are way too easy and the 4 chapters (deja vu) are way too easy. I just don't see the point in farming Torment I-IX? just for some legendaries. I remember when D3 hit during Dragon Soul, everyone quit for a few weeks, cleared then came back to AFKing in Stormwind.

I never got the expansion, it was more expensive than Warcraft expansions here or even PS3 games.

Edited by AtariLegend

I really enjoyed Resident Evil 4 when it came out, heck even now it's great stuff.

Yeah, my gut reaction was Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube. Probably the only game I finished multiple times.

If I had to break it down by all the different platforms I've owned it would be this:

Commodore 64 (yes, I am that old): Load Runner

NES: Super Mario 3

SNES: Super Mario World

Genesis: NHL '94

PC: Star Wars: Tie Fighter - Collector's Edition (still the best combat flight simulator I've ever played)

N64: Mario 64 (liked Ocarina of Time, but had more fun playing Mario 64).

Gamecube: Resident Evil 4

Playstation: Gran Turismo

Playstation 2: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Xbox 360: Red Dead Redemption, though I play Tiger Woods almost daily.

Now that I think about it more, after looking at the list, it's a toss up between Resident Evil 4 and Tie Fighter.

Edited by downzy

another one of my favorite games(i might get laughed at for this one) is two worlds for the PC/360. the game gets a lot of flak because the voice acting is the worst voice acting in the history of video games and it is a little rough around the edges, but the game is a lot of fun and the crafting system is very deep and complex. if you can get past the roughness of the game, you will find you can sink hundreds of hours into it. the armor designs are the best i have ever seen in an rpg.

PC: Star Wars: Tie Fighter - Collector's Edition (still the best combat flight simulator I've ever played)

Completely forgot about this one. It was literally the first PC game I ever got. Lot's of fun. I think I also had something called Rebel Assault, which was a sort of FPS. Now I'm remembering all of these SW games from late 90's/early 2000's; once specifically on Hoth?

another one of my favorite games(i might get laughed at for this one) is two worlds for the PC/360. the game gets a lot of flak because the voice acting is the worst voice acting in the history of video games and it is a little rough around the edges, but the game is a lot of fun and the crafting system is very deep and complex. if you can get past the roughness of the game, you will find you can sink hundreds of hours into it. the armor designs are the best i have ever seen in an rpg.

I played the first Two Worlds (I think there's a sequel?) for about 30 minutes, but my PC at the time couldn't run it. After I finish Skyrim, I'll probably do Oblivion, Morrowind, maybe Daggerfall. Then it's on to The Witcher series, then Dragon Age 3 if it's good. But after that...... would you recommend Two Worlds? :lol:

Completely forgot about this one. It was literally the first PC game I ever got. Lot's of fun. I think I also had something called Rebel Assault, which was a sort of FPS. Now I'm remembering all of these SW games from late 90's/early 2000's; once specifically on Hoth?

I played the first Two Worlds (I think there's a sequel?) for about 30 minutes, but my PC at the time couldn't run it. After I finish Skyrim, I'll probably do Oblivion, Morrowind, maybe Daggerfall. Then it's on to The Witcher series, then Dragon Age 3 if it's good. But after that...... would you recommend Two Worlds? :lol:

after you play gothic 1-3 :P but yeah if you can get past the god awful voice acting and cheesy dialogue the game is a lot of fun, the magic system is just outstanding.

Yeah, I remember Rebel Assault (vaguely - it's been awhile). Did you ever play X-Wing, the predecessor of Tie Fighter? It would great if they rebooted this series for PC and consoles.