potential partner name = dealbreaker?

Jackie Moon

just wondering.

it totally is for me.

here is my theory - if your parents named you something "unique" i.e. Brittine, Chauntelle, Destiny - they're probably crazy, uneducated or have very poor judgement. Or probably all three. So, that said, they probably raised a person who is A, B or C, or ABC. In which case, I want nothing to do with you.

I do admit a child could be raised under such conditions and turn into a very legitimate person, but i contend such a person would change their name ASAP to something like Kate, so if you're still rockin Seachelle, I want nothin to do with you.

Good news everyone - I've monitored tinder and can confirm, people with "unique" names more often than not have the most :facepalm: pictures.

Give me a Sarah or Kaitlyn any day.

Thoughts, mygnrforum?

P.S. Who names their kid Orsys?

• Like 4

I once knew a girl named Kayla but was spelled K-la.

thank you for your contribution to this thread.

question, and in the interest of science, please do not feel pressure to answer either way;

was she an idiot?

Yes she was very nutty. She also had a very high pitched voice.

my theory is pretty much bulletproof. There may be exceptions, of course, but they are not the rule.

only idiots name their kids Bacardimayne

:)

p.s. ratbrain gfy, do you even know who you're dealing with?

What if they had a normal name at birth and changed it to something unique to express their individuality?

thats 100x worse.

i'm still waiting to see Ratbrains luscious mantitties.

I mean, i signed up for mygnrforum in 2007, which is somewhat reasonable, while still somewhat suspicious. He signed up in 2010. LOL!

i was pretty sure he was not worth my time. thank you for confirming.

back on topic, can we get some examples of terrible names & the broken people they are associated with?

I would also appreciate examples of people with ridiculous names who you respect very much. We need examples on both sides of this debate, as this thread is very much scientific.

For example, i know a girl named Aine (pronounced on-ya) who is very legit and well rounded,she gets a pass. I think a lot of this girl and as we all know, my opinion carries much weight. like ratbrains disgusting gut.

I think names like Aine are above the low-brow demographic i'm referring to in this thread.

i'm talkin about all the.... okay i searched my facebook friends for an example of a person with a stupid name and i couldn't find one because i would not be friends with someone that idiotic.

/CASECLOSED

I know a couple black kids named Simba, but nothing about their personalities.

Well, one's gay.

nothing wrong with being gay, that is evolutionarily prudent, right ratbrain?

I won't dismiss Simba outright,because that would be racist. As we all know, or at least those of us who count, i'm extremely fair. I acknowledge there are cultural traditions that lead to unique names. I don't expect every black guy to be named Dan, that's ridiculous.

But i admit I'm very , very suspicious of Simba. I would need at least 6 minutes to talk to these guys and their parents to form an opinion, which you would all in turn accept as ultimate judgement of validity. 2010 member of the year, don't y'all forget.

Edited by Jackie Moon

What if they had a normal name at birth and changed it to something unique to express their individuality?

I would like to clarify - i'm not saying such a person is a bad person, just - i have no interest in being closely associated with this person.

For instance, i know a girl named Becky who insists on calling herself Beqi. I like this person, shes a very nice person. But if i see her on the street , im going in the opposite direction, just sayinzal.

Doesn't mean shes a bad person or i wish her ill will. I wish her the very best. As long as it does not involve me.

• Like 1

montague

elaborate please. It may seem insincere but i truly care about this topic.

Is Montague a person you know who is crazy / completely sane? we need details here.

I feel Montague could go either way.

but if you don't respond, i do appreciate your contribution to this thread. Thank you and have a better life than Ratbrain. Not that that's difficult.

Edited by Jackie Moon

montague

elaborate please. It may seem insincere but i truly care about this topic.

Is Montague a person you know who is crazy / completely sane? we need details here.

I feel Montague could go either way.

but if you don't respond, i do appreciate your contribution to this thread. Thank you and have a better life than Ratbrain. Not that that's difficult.

romeo's last name...what's in a name

that which we call a rose would smell as sweet

How about a girl named "Patience?"

Does the GNR reference cancel out the obvious trashball/stoner/hippy parents?

omfg

Is there a girl named Patience? did she grow up in a house*?

*house indicates a foundation that is not on wheels or blocks.

Lets get serious here folks. It is incredibly unfair to ridicule a person for being born to such circumstances. A person born in a trailer park is bound to be raised in trailer park customs and more likely than not becomes a trailer park type person. It is unfair to blame such a person for being...what they've been born to.

There is hope. We can save these people.

Vote Jackie Moon, member of the year 2014. and not Ratbrain.

Give Hope a chance.

Edited by Jackie Moon
  • Like 1