potential partner name = dealbreaker?

Jackie Moon

I met a girl named Patience when I was in college. She was cute too. I think her parents were dirty hippies.

thank you for your productive post, unlike ratbrain / broski who are only killing time until their unemployment runs out.

I understand her parents were hippies, that goes without saying.

your Intel re: her being cute really tells us nothin; was she sane or crazy? that's what we really want to know. It seems unlikely a person named Patience would be raised to be a fully functioning adult. If she did, she deserves a medal. But it's unlikely; she probably ended up with a shaved head, wearing cargo pants, posting on internet message boards pretending to be a guy named broski or something.

I remember a story years ago about someone in New Zealand calling their kid "No. 6 Bus Shelter".

I'll do a search on Google and see if I can find it.

thank you! mygnrforum anythinggoes folk's all appreciate your contribution to this thread / our community. except ratbrain/broski who are, of course, parasites without any lives/futures.

but the rest of us really appreciate it! (y)

I thank you both for your on topic contributions to this thread and our beloved community.

you know how its common to add "a" to a mans name when you're (obviously) disappointed to have a girl? I.e. Shawna, Paula... etc.

Well, honest to fucking god, I know of a girl named Arnolda. Arnolda. I swear to fuck. To fuck! i swear!

There was a study in the paper some time ago that your first name does influence your chances in life. If you're called Kevin, Kimberley or Kelly here, teachers rate your chances of having a succesfull school/academic career a lot lower. Your chances on a dating site would also be lower, because of the name.

A few names that were given to babies here last year: Ky'Shandro, Godiswithme, Flotty-Paradis and, ironically, Succes.

Aine (pronounced on-ya)

That's a normal name in Ireland.

Yeah, Irish and Scottish names kinda bend the rules a wee bit.

I knew a girl called Saidhbhe (pronounced Sive), also Eilidh (Ay-lee), Ciorstaidh (Kirs-tag) Meadhbh (Maeve) Niamh (Neave) Saoirse (Sersha)... etc.

Edited by Graeme

Jason Lee named his kids Pilot Inspektor, Sonny Lee and Casper.

Clearly, he wanted them all aborted.

Celebrities are exempt, cause they have money and are constantly trying to out-do each other in the "weird name" prize ever since Frank Zappa named his kids Dweezil and Moon Unit. And Gwynth Paltrow naming her kid Apple. Fucking Apple!!

Honorable mention though to Penn Jillette for his kids Zolten and Moxie CrimeFighter.

Not a typo.

just wondering.

it totally is for me.

here is my theory - if your parents named you something "unique" i.e. Brittine, Chauntelle, Destiny - they're probably crazy, uneducated or have very poor judgement. Or probably all three. So, that said, they probably raised a person who is A, B or C, or ABC. In which case, I want nothing to do with you.

I do admit a child could be raised under such conditions and turn into a very legitimate person, but i contend such a person would change their name ASAP to something like Kate, so if you're still rockin Seachelle, I want nothin to do with you.

Good news everyone - I've monitored tinder and can confirm, people with "unique" names more often than not have the most :facepalm: pictures.

Give me a Sarah or Kaitlyn any day.

Thoughts, mygnrforum?

P.S. Who names their kid Orsys?

My name is Sharquanetelleqwa. Do you have a problem with me, Jackie Moon?

Nikki is pretty bad if that is her first name not just a nickname for Nicole.

People with diminutive monikers by default have the worst scum for parents.

If your parents named you Josh or Kate and not Joshua or Catherine, they're bastards of the highest order.

• Like 1

Nikki is pretty bad if that is her first name not just a nickname for Nicole.

People with diminutive monikers by default have the worst scum for parents.

If your parents named you Josh or Kate and not Joshua or Catherine, they're bastards of the highest order.

That's different here. Nikki is quite a common name and the women I know really are called Nikki, not Nicole. For some reason, they're not in the league of Cindy, Wendy, Kelly... either. You would hardly ever see children here with names like Catherine, Elizabeth or Joshua. We almost always have a shorter form of the classic name. I don't like names like Sharquanetelleqwa (no offence ZoSo) or strange spelling, but I don't care for the really classic names either. For instance, I wouldn't like to be called Elizabeth Johnson, because there must be a million of them running around.