90s Radio Rock

magisme

Here's another one and great story about me putting my foot in my mouth:

Story-

They came to Detroit on that tour and I didn't like them enough to buy a ticket. A friend called at the 11th hour saying his friend backed out and I could go. I said I honestly didn't have enough interest to want to pay so I told him to keep calling around and get back to me if he couldn't find anyone. He called back an hour later and said no one could go. He even offered to just give me the ticket so he didn't have to go alone.

I ended up going and was blown away. I was flat out shocked at how good they were live. Literally blown away. So anyway, the show ends and we head down the alley toward where we parked. The side door of the venue opens and out comes the whole band heading toward the buses. Us and 5-10 other people were the only people around that area so they whole band stopped and talked to everyone, signed shit and so on.

All the fans are gushing to the whole band about how great the show was. The following sounded much better in my head than it did when it came out of my mouth: "You guys were WAY better than I thought you'd be!" :lol:

Everyone including all fans and all members of the band just stopped and looked at me. I was like "Wait. That was meant as a compliment" and everyone laughed.

Story-

They came to Detroit on that tour and I didn't like them enough to buy a ticket. A friend called at the 11th hour saying his friend backed out and I could go. I said I honestly didn't have enough interest to want to pay so I told him to keep calling around and get back to me if he couldn't find anyone. He called back an hour later and said no one could go. He even offered to just give me the ticket so he didn't have to go alone.

I ended up going and was blown away. I was flat out shocked at how good they were live. Literally blown away. So anyway, the show ends and we head down the alley toward where we parked. The side door of the venue opens and out comes the whole band heading toward the buses. Us and 5-10 other people were the only people around that area so they whole band stopped and talked to everyone, signed shit and so on.

All the fans are gushing to the whole band about how great the show was. The following sounded much better in my head than it did when it came out of my mouth: "You guys were WAY better than I thought you'd be!" :lol:

Everyone including all fans and all members of the band just stopped and looked at me. I was like "Wait. That was meant as a compliment" and everyone laughed.

Me and a friend got wind of a secret Blind Melon show happening as we were spending a day drinking in the Village. We eventually made our way there, above an empty storefront and sure enough, out came Blind Melon to do this secret acoustic show. There were less than 50 people in this place. We all had to sit cross legged on the floor, as per Shannon Hoon's request. Anyway, they played for about 45 minutes, doing some songs from their first album, some from their yet to be released second album and an Allman Brothers cover too....The show ended abruptly with no warning or "this is our last song" type of thing. As luck would have it, sitting cross legged for 45 minutes caused both of my legs to fall asleep. So the show ends and we all stand up to leave, but my sleeping legs give out and I fall into 5 people, knocking them down. I get up as fast as I can, only to fall down and wipe out another group of people. My friend, dying laughing, helps me up and yes, you guessed it, I took him down and yet another group of people. So this hippie type of love fest show ended with me seemingly tackling 15 people.

Story-

Me and a friend got wind of a secret Blind Melon show happening as we were spending a day drinking in the Village. We eventually made our way there, above an empty storefront and sure enough, out came Blind Melon to do this secret acoustic show. There were less than 50 people in this place. We all had to sit cross legged on the floor, as per Shannon Hoon's request. Anyway, they played for about 45 minutes, doing some songs from their first album, some from their yet to be released second album and an Allman Brothers cover too....The show ended abruptly with no warning or "this is our last song" type of thing. As luck would have it, sitting cross legged for 45 minutes caused both of my legs to fall asleep. So the show ends and we all stand up to leave, but my sleeping legs give out and I fall into 5 people, knocking them down. I get up as fast as I can, only to fall down and wipe out another group of people. My friend, dying laughing, helps me up and yes, you guessed it, I took him down and yet another group of people. So this hippie type of love fest show ended with me seemingly tackling 15 people.

My obvious deduction:

You and I were never supposed to see Blind Melon shows :lol:

• Like 1

Why are those guys holding hands in that video, Lio? :lol:

Because they're cool and they can :shrugs: Can't believe it's 20 years ago already.

They started as a local band when I first went out and we saw them quite a lot on local festivals and stuff. Then Suds and Soda was their first big hit. You see them holding hands (Tom Barman and Stef Kamil Carlens), but actually they both wanted other things. Tom wanted to conquer the world (dEUS still performs more abroad than here in Belgium); Stef Kamil wanted to do his own thing. So he got out of dEUS when they were like the most popular band here and they were recording their next album. Tom is quite arrogant and wants to do everything (he made a movie Anyway the Wind Blows, he made a filmscore, he's in a dj project, Magnus), he still hasn't settled; while Stef Kamil decided to start making music with a partly African band, he's very laid back, kind of a modern-day hippie, famous for designing and sewing his own clothes and has a wife and kid. Really totally different characters. They sometimes guest at each other's gigs though. That is, in short, the story of our national rock stars. :)