Bid on some of Dj Ashba™'s Stage Worn Ashbaswag™

I'd rather stab my penis to death with a rusty spork than pay good money for Ashba's sweaty, skidmarked old duds.

combos lol

DJ's not that bad. I've heard very bad guitar players in my time.

I actually think DJ is very good. Yeah, he's got that rock star ego, but don't they all?

I don't think he actually has an ego. I think he's completely aware of what he's doing. It's all perfectly manufactured, plastic and contrived. The guy is in this to make money and sell shit. He's "playing" the roll of a rock guitarist in much the same way Justin Bieber is playing the role of an "artist".

It's all bullshit.

I don' t think he's a great guitarist.. at all. But, he DID built his own path out of nothing to become a "GN'R" guitar player (something I would love to be and many amateur guitar players can only dream to be) and can now live from it. He indeed needed to put some real effort for many years (he left home to be a "rockstar" and being no one, pretty much like the guys from the classic GN'R lineup) playing in local bands and stuff... eventhough he may act as a douche most of the time I think he deserves a minimum level of respect, and shouldn't be at all compared with today's manufactured pop artists

It's just a shame that in his relentless pursuit of fame, he chose to sidestep being a musician of any merit. The gif of Tommy sarcastically applauding his Patience solo should be projected on a loop every time he enters a room.

• Like 1

I'm positive a fifty year old teenage girl is going to buy them, sniff them and do random sexual things to them. :ph34r:

fifty (50) year old teen ? i don't get it

a fifty year old woman who still acts or has the taste of a teenage girl

edit: I'm picturing a 50 year old woman (whose bedroom walls are covered with One Direction posters) screaming, crying and hyperventilating alongside all the little girls at the One Direction promotional appearance or concert...mutton dressed as lamb, perhaps...

Edited by DR DOOM

I'm positive a fifty year old teenage girl is going to buy them, sniff them and do random sexual things to them. :ph34r:

edit: I'm picturing a 50 year old woman (whose bedroom walls are covered with One Direction posters) screaming, crying and hyperventilating alongside all the little girls at the One Direction promotional appearance or concert...mutton dressed as lamb, perhaps...

Does she have a fake mustache?

Does she have a fake mustache?

Yes, and she is also an ALPHA MALE.

• Like 1

one-direction-super-fan-1379326621-custo

• Like 4

combos lol

I actually think DJ is very good. Yeah, he's got that rock star ego, but don't they all?

Whenever someone says DJ is not that bad, it brings me back to that slash vid on youtube where hes highlighting his favorite bloopers.. and DJ screws up WTTJ... "could happen to anyone" i guess though ;)

combos lol

Whenever someone says DJ is not that bad, it brings me back to that slash vid on youtube where hes highlighting his favorite bloopers.. and DJ screws up WTTJ... "could happen to anyone" i guess though ;)

Sure,it could happen to anyone :lol:

combos lol

Sure,it could happen to anyone :lol:

Has ashba EVER been hammered to the state that slash got back in those days? If not... then whats Ashba's excuse for being so shite and fucking up most of the time?

This guy is not at that legend status where selling stage clothes is really a valid means to make money (for himself or charity).

His level of fame is quite small, if Axl sold stage clothes that would be huge, same for Steven tyler, Jimmy page, Elvis, cobain... ya know! big name's, that have made a real impact on modern music. I don't enjoy bashing this guy, but he just keeps lining up the shots so well, that's it's impossible not to pot them.

Maybe in 20 years after he's 'possibly' made a great record with someone & has changed, or influenced music, selling stage clothes wouldn't be so cringey.

one-direction-super-fan-1379326621-custo

well, what do you all know about 50year old women?

Dj is not the worst guitar player but he's definitely not up to the previously maintained standards of a band like Guns N' Roses... in the eyes of 90% of this board, the gnr nutjobs, he's a complete mismatch for the band, most people let anything fly at a concert providing it's entertaining enough and don't nitpick the little details. He can do the bare minimum livewise to not be considered a constant trainwreck and there's two other competent players. He makes plenty of mistakes and doesn't even have the wild Finck approach to compensate for it, his solo sections I actually find pretty good but he might be at his limits there since I started checking out Sixx:Am which is quite frankly the definition of mediocre in today's rock music, nothing abysmal but nothing too good. He just apes other successful contemporary rock acts in his playing and does his same old bends and phrasing.

I don't want that shit in GNR, I thought he was an okay run of the mill rocker with a big chip on his shoulder about how he has to homage Slash until after the 2010 tour, I was giving him a chance since he seemed humble and just a guy playing the instrument, maybe he'd grow into it and find his own vibe... but no. I started looking closer and listening to other's opinions, he wasn't growing into it his head was growing though, right above the damn parapet, it was Gun N' Ashbaswag soon. Axl fell asleep on his own watch and hypnorized (still is) by his own lost drawl the last four years. Then the wrestler attention whoring, social media, complete lack of improvization skills or ability to adapt when he made a mistake, the swag, the sudden attitude that was clearly just manufactured assurance he doesn't have to try very hard to impress... he's just a bad fit except for Axl's deluded perspective... not a wingman. no songwriting from him, maybe 5 solos would be nice as he is capable of playing the instrument.

He seems a pleasant enough guy beyond the snakeskin selling and the limited guitar skills, no crime in themselves let's be real. I can't see him ever being a real accessory to the band regardless of how creative he is, he needs to concentrate on adding some solos and being a part of the team, not the supposed wingman... might be encouraging Axl to ditch BBF in a powerplay lol. He'll need to learn to play properly and stop selling this jack skellington stitchling ass parade I'm such a rebel buy these lanky embroidered with skulls n' pious pumpkins raggedy andy roulette wheel pants! He makes thousands presumably from this tiring cliché persona though and he's got a mansion so can't begrudge the guy playing capitalist. It just seems to me he's a tinshit carnival salesman on the side, step right up step right up, win a prize at the tin can alley, by the way two of them are glued down and the ball's heavy as a mosquito that just shat out the sequel but then again Axl's already lost 2 players and close to another, he's running out of guys who'll play ball in his safe, comfortable routine and tinkering.

• Like 3

Everything about him is manufactured so cliched that it isn't even funny. He just tries way too hard. Teen girls and people like Val22 buy into his charade.

I suppose Axl saw something in him that the rest of us do not.

Great post randall

I think what Axl saw in Dj was his ability as a songwriter and a producer, with his history in Beautiful Creatures and Sixx: A.M. (and Saints Of Los Angeles). Yes, Dj is an awful live musician with Guns, but he wrote a #1 single a few years ago, something Axl hasn't done since 1987. I'm excited to hear what Dj brings to Guns if he comes in with a Beautiful Creatures/This Is Gonna Hurt style.
  • Like 1