Everything Zelda!

• 1 month later...

I played nearly all the Zelda games up until Skyward Sword (because I completely gave up on the Wii and the controls), and my favorite would either have to be Windwaker or Link to the Past. So few series are so consistently great. LoZ, LttP, MM, OoT, WW, and Link's Awakening are all among my favorite games of all time.

Has anyone played Link Between Worlds? I'm intrigued by that one, since it sounds like it's supposed to be in the same vein as Link to the Past.

I loved wind waker HD. Recommend it to anyone. One of the benefits of the Wii u is backwards compatibility. I'm half way-ish into Twilight Princess which was my favourite Gamecube game and I have Skyward sword which I have still never tried..is it as bad as some say?

It doesn't go that far back though, my Wii U doesn't read gamecube disks and has no memory card slot.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Zelda: Twilight Princess is coming to Wii U. That's very cool, but why?

Isn't the next version of Nintendo coming out in Dec. 2016? Which I assume,

will debut the next new Zelda game.

I'd imagine it's partly a stop-gap, it's also been 10 years since it came out, and why not? Throw a few people on an HD conversion, sell an amiibo, it's easy money for them and a lot of people probably never got to play Twilight Princess due to shitty controls on the Wii and the Gamecube had started to fade. There's nothing about the NX other than rumours, it's expected to be announced this year but no idea when it'll be out. If it is this year, it'll probably have the new Zelda, but the game is clearly made for Wii U, so I'd expect it to be available on both.