Ebola

magisme

I will tell you one thing about myself. I have never been to a gay pride event. (I think I prefer the former Snakepit, the one that was basically homosexual and loved to attend gay pride marches rather than this, ''yeh, I fucked 5 women last night, four of which had different ethnic backgrounds to my own'' Pit.

So you're a fat fuck who hasn't been laid in a long time.

Got it.

Also, Soho rules and pride is fun. Also, Notthing Hill is fun, life is fun.

@ pride I remember booze and people.

@ Notting Hill I remember girls winding on my cock, meeting some girl and going back to her place around the corner for sex and, beer.

did you show her your snake? :popcorn:
Naturally.

:lol:

I over heard LBC Radio this morning 'talk radio' around 5/6am... And the guy announced that experts believe that Britain is 16 days away from ebola coming here.

The host then questioned how anyone could make that prediction, but apparently it's what experts believe.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Unless you live in poor countries without proper health care, the amount you ought to worry about Ebola still remains at a stable zero.

I predict that the "Ebola crazy" will die off in a few months having reached some tens of thousands dead in West Africa with a dozen or so dead in western world due to getting the disease from travelling, hence barely making a blip on the radar of annual death causes in the world. Yet all the guys -- many here included -- who were fooled by the media's exaggerations and tabloid presentations of the disease will mistakingly blame the doctors, CDC and health organizations for scaring them hence be even more reluctant to trust officials the next time a new disease comes around. Global facepalm.

Edited by SoulMonster

Unless you live in poor countries without proper health care, the amount you ought to worry about Ebola still remains at a stable zero.

I predict that the "Ebola crazy" will die off in a few months having reached some tens of thousands dead in West Africa with a dozen or so dead in western world due to getting the disease from travelling, hence barely making a blip on the radar of annual death causes in the world. Yet all the guys -- many here included -- who were fooled by the media's exaggerations and tabloid presentations of the disease will mistakingly blame the doctors, CDC and health organizations for scaring them hence be even more reluctant to trust officials the next time a new disease comes around. Global facepalm.

I hardly think that the death of, circa 4,000 people in West Africa, can be dismissed so lightly just because your own country's health system is so fuckin' good (only this sort of smuggery could emanate from an atheist). The fact is, there is a crisis.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

When the guy from Minnesota was throwing up and had diarrhea on the one flight there were 50 people on it. They interviewed them, told them the symptoms of Ebola then LET THEM GO ON THEIR WAY! The guy died five days later. I'm with you on this one Magisme. This can spread far and fast. It was isolated in where, the Congo for the longest and now it's spreading into mainstream advanced countries in Africa. I live in a suburb of a city of four million with an international airport about 20 minutes away. This is a very real concern for me.

Assuming you live in a country with decent healthcare and where people have adequate hygiene, this shouldn't be a concern to you. This virus only spreads through direct contact with body fluids, and not through air. There is a reason why this disease only is a problem in malfunctioning countries, it will be efficiently stopped in western countries. You can safely go back to being afraid of dying of the flu (which kills 40 000 in the US every year) or in a car crash (which kills more than 30 000 in the US every year).

Smoking cigarettes kills more Americans every year combined.

I'd rather rather die of smoking than getting eaten by a virus.

One day a virus will get us though. Code orange. Or lemon yellow. What if a terrorist gets a virus and sets it free in NYC where will Spideman be they is no Spider-Man to fight the virus.

When the guy from Minnesota was throwing up and had diarrhea on the one flight there were 50 people on it. They interviewed them, told them the symptoms of Ebola then LET THEM GO ON THEIR WAY! The guy died five days later. I'm with you on this one Magisme. This can spread far and fast. It was isolated in where, the Congo for the longest and now it's spreading into mainstream advanced countries in Africa. I live in a suburb of a city of four million with an international airport about 20 minutes away. This is a very real concern for me.

Assuming you live in a country with decent healthcare and where people have adequate hygiene, this shouldn't be a concern to you. This virus only spreads through direct contact with body fluids, and not through air. There is a reason why this disease only is a problem in malfunctioning countries, it will be efficiently stopped in western countries. You can safely go back to being afraid of dying of the flu (which kills 40 000 in the US every year) or in a car crash (which kills more than 30 000 in the US every year).

One day a virus will get us though. Code orange. Or lemon yellow. What if a terrorist gets a virus and sets it free in NYC where will Spideman be they is no Spider-Man to fight the virus.

Now what was it Mags and I were talking about on August 5th?

I hardly think that the death of, circa 4,000 people in West Africa, can be dismissed so lightly just because your own country's health system is so fuckin' good (only this sort of smuggery could emanate from an atheist). The fact is, there is a crisis.

Africa is fucked. If it weren't Ebola it would have been starvation, animal attack, AIDS, rebels/warlord army, etc. You get my drift.

• Like 1

Africa is fucked. If it weren't Ebola it would have been starvation, animal attack, AIDS, rebels/warlord army, etc. You get my drift.

Good one! Adrift is 'feeling' your drift! A guy just died a couple of hours away from me in Dallas. He tested positive for Ebola. First one in the states. I'm not feeling to good about this. My guys at work travel internationally each week. I worry about them. I have to keep up with all their vaccinations, their medications to take with them, their malarone for malaria and their schedules to take prior to going into countries, while in and once they return. This hits close to home for me. Now I worry about their going into West Africa. A well developed area. It's real for me. My concerns are valid. It's enough I keep up with their yellow fever shots, Typhoid fever, rabies, Hep A & B, flu shots which are standard, pneumonia (which should be taken every ten years) polio boosters, diphtheria, measles, mumps, rubella... all that crap that can kill you. The value of life is not the same as it is in the West. No one cares about people dropping dead in third world countries. We can joke all we want. It's not real until someone you know dies. Let's not wait until that happens. When you actually know someone and work very closely with them and they travel to these places on a regular basis then it does get right in your face.

Edit: I'm not talking about Africa. I'm talking about here, the USA.

Edited by AdriftatSea

Good one! Adrift is 'feeling' your drift! A guy just died a couple of hours away from me in Dallas. He tested positive for Ebola. First one in the states. I'm not feeling to good about this. My guys at work travel internationally each week. I worry about them. I have to keep up with all their vaccinations, their medications to take with them, their malarone for malaria and their schedules to take prior to going into countries, while in and once they return. This hits close to home for me. Now I worry about their going into West Africa. A well developed area. It's real for me. My concerns are valid. It's enough I keep up with their yellow fever shots, Typhoid fever, rabies, Hep A & B, flu shots which are standard, pneumonia (which should be taken every ten years) polio boosters, diphtheria, measles, mumps, rubella... all that crap that can kill you. The value of life is not the same as it is in the West. No one cares about people dropping dead in third world countries. We can joke all we want. It's not real until someone you know dies. Let's not wait until that happens. When you actually know someone and work very closely with them and they travel to these places on a regular basis then it does get right in your face.

Edit: I'm not talking about Africa. I'm talking about here, the USA.

And... parts of Africa are more civilized than many parts of the US. South Africa compared to West Memphis, Arkansas for one!

Another edit: Many of these countries are not third world countries. Just because it is Africa doesn't make it a third world country. Many of them are, not all of them. Get a map and look at the size of that continent. It's huge. We Americans tend to think we are the biggest, brightest, smartest, best at everything. That isn't always the case, not always.

Edited by AdriftatSea

And another thing - St. Louis - another cop - off duty working as a "rent-a-cop" just gunned down another 18 y/o black boy that was running away from him. So St. Louis isn't looking too good right now. How does that compare to Africa - the continent? So something should eventually get St. Louis, whether it be Ebola, starvation, AIDS, rebels/war lords, army? St. Louis is not looking good and it's because of the crazy ass white cops!

You can't just dismiss the entire continent of Africa. Many parts of Africa are more civilized than many parts of the US and many parts of the UK. Life is valuable no matter where it is.

Your terror strike on Wendy's?

Fuckkkkkk first case of suspicion of Ebola in Brazil. Freakin' missionary comes back from Guinea. He's isolated but man... he's gonna be transferred to Rio! DAMN!!!! When are they gonna start taking this seriously and stop letting people walk in and out of those countries like that?!?!?!

Exactly! :) They stopped putting the crunchy pickles on their hamburgers. I knew that wouldn't last... pfft

Exactly! :) They stopped putting the crunchy pickles on their hamburgers. I knew that wouldn't last... pfft
Ebola probably came from Big Macs. I strapped one on and ran into Carl's Jr. Security tazzered me, CD II ! Round 3!
  • Like 1