Ask staff

UK SUBS

I would also like to remind everyone that anyone attempting to provoke or antagonize a member with reduced privileges will also be susceptible to warnings/suspensions.

It's fine to quarrel and disagree, but if you're aim is to provoke a previously banned member into an outburst that would get them kicked out, you might find yourself on the other side of the fence.

Thanks and be good!

That's pretty similar to what my teacher in elementary school told us when there was a new kid in school with anger issues. Provoking him to the point where he got one of his fits was always hilarious. :lol:

• Like 1

I would also like to remind everyone that anyone attempting to provoke or antagonize a member with reduced privileges will also be susceptible to warnings/suspensions.

It's fine to quarrel and disagree, but if you're aim is to provoke a previously banned member into an outburst that would get them kicked out, you might find yourself on the other side of the fence.

Thanks and be good!

That's pretty similar to what my teacher in elementary school told us when there was a new kid in school with anger issues. Provoking him to the point where he got one of his fits was always hilarious. :lol:

Emphasis added for why it won't be tolerated here among (mostly) adults.

Why is WFA's name whited out and unclickable but he still shows up as a Silver Supporter?

The lesson hopefully learned is when a mod or admin PM's you to stop certain behaviour, you stop that behaviour.

I'll reiterate again, it's fine to disagree with the decision of a mod/admin. Breaking a rule and disagreeing with a mod/admin won't necessarily get a member a time out (though it doesn't help :P). I don't really care if a member disagrees with me, just so long as they stop whatever behaviour they were warned about. This shouldn't be that complicated.

Can you guys fill us in a little bit more about the Google ads?

How long are supporters going to see them?

Another day or two. It won't be too long before things go back to normal.

Where are all the old threads before 2012?

This.

Are you guys going to restore them? There were some good gems!

A lot of this will be explained in the coming weeks, but suffice it to say that most threads prior to 2011 won't be coming back. There will be exceptions, of course. Everything is still archived, so nothing has been deleted. Members who have particular affinity towards certain threads can send me requests to have them restored. We will be bringing back the more relevant Chinese Democracy threads. Obviously the Axl chats will forever be available.

But all in all, we feel like most of the old threads were clogging up system resources and were proving to be an issue when it came to restoring Google Adsense. In some ways it's a shame, but to put things in perspective, the question became: do you want to hold on to old threads or do you want this forum to survive and continue? Unfortunately saying yes to one proposition meant saying no to the other.

More will be explained in the coming days/weeks.

• Like 3

Understandable - if frustrating in some ways!

Can you please purge the 'add a word thread' - it's fun, but there are like 200+ pages, whereas others (e.g. Soccer, Wrestling, NFL) which renew on a yearly basis and of which there are like only three aren't going to massively impact on it (I shouldn't think!). And, you can comfortably bin those ones from prior years.

Can we bin: Ain't It Fun? Merge Downloads and Memorabilia too? Roll both Supporters sections into one and have a better section with traffic?

Just chucking out suggestions! :)

Can you guys fill us in a little bit more about the Google ads?

How long are supporters going to see them?

Another day or two. It won't be too long before things go back to normal.

Where are all the old threads before 2012?

This.

Are you guys going to restore them? There were some good gems!

A lot of this will be explained in the coming weeks, but suffice it to say that most threads prior to 2011 won't be coming back. There will be exceptions, of course. Everything is still archived, so nothing has been deleted. Members who have particular affinity towards certain threads can send me requests to have them restored. We will be bringing back the more relevant Chinese Democracy threads. Obviously the Axl chats will forever be available.

But all in all, we feel like most of the old threads were clogging up system resources and were proving to be an issue when it came to restoring Google Adsense. In some ways it's a shame, but to put things in perspective, the question became: do you want to hold on to old threads or do you want this forum to survive and continue? Unfortunately saying yes to one proposition meant saying no to the other.

More will be explained in the coming days/weeks.

Dang, thats a bummer but I'm glad they still exist in some form

The mobile ads will be around a bit longer unfortunately. They work differently than on the desktop skin. I'm trying to figure out how to disable them for our supporters.

Sorry about this, but it's going to be a little while before I can get it sorted out.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.