Ask staff

UK SUBS

It might be in the works already but I vote for more categories on the main page. It's being alluded to in the new Slash section because of the awkward placement among the "Various" sections. Instead of just "Main Guns N' Roses" and "Various" which is quite limiting, I'd say do something like this:

- Main Guns N' Roses (sections related to general discussion and the current band)

- Guns N' Roses Related (new Slash section, Downloads, Images, and so on)

- Off-Topic Chat (Anything Goes, Movies, My World)

- Support (self-explanatory)

Maybe not those exactly, but I think that the general idea would improve the accessibility of everything. Nothing lost in the depths of "Various" and yet still organized and easy to find the sections people are looking for. It would also eliminate the need for certain subsections (the Video Game section, for example, could simply be filed under the "Off Topic" category instead of a subsection of Seen That Movie Too).

• Like 2

We should give downzy some credit for how well he's handling the backlash. :lol:

Totally -- Id have retorted badly by now :( Downzy is pure class.

That said, I pretty much agree with most of the feedback. Great to see a Slash section back! But needs to be in gnr section imo :)

Dear Staff,

Am I allowed to post in portuguese, my first language?

Thanks in advance.

GUNNER.

This is an English-based forum. We require all members to post in English.

Thanks!

My english isn't perfect, since it isn't my first language.

I would like to ask you if it bothers you or if it keeps you from understanding me.

Tks.

Your English is better than Axl's.

His sentence structure is better than Axl's too.

Then, stop mocking me about my english everywhere ... it used to be funny but, now you have some responsibilities around here ...

I don't mock you. Sometimes, I simply do not understand what you want to say.

When I first joined this forum, my English was bad, and while it's not 100% perfect now, I have learned. I remember I would have brainsaber and warchild making fun of my English everyday, chasing me like crazies. I never complained, I learned. :shrugs:

As far as responsibilities go, they don't have anything to do with the fact that you need to improve your English skills.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I see my posts were deleted after mags completely on topic post so I'll assume that you're talking to me. Sorry for not knowing that this is the only thread on the forum that doesn't allow any off topic discussion, but if you think it's going to hurt my feelings in the least if you ban me, you can kiss my ass. I'll tell you the exact same thing I told the admin of a different forum that won't be mentioned. It is your forum and if you don't want me around it's more than fine with me. There are other places I can go. I'll respect your decision and I won't be pathetic enough to ban dodge or create another account. Don't misunderstand me, I do like it here, but I won't be changing for anybody. Ever.

• Like 2

I see my posts were deleted after mags completely on topic post so I'll assume that you're talking to me. Sorry for not knowing that this is the only thread on the forum that doesn't allow any off topic discussion, but if you think it's going to hurt my feelings in the least if you ban me, you can kiss my ass. I'll tell you the exact same thing I told the admin of a different forum that won't be mentioned. It is your forum and if you don't want me around it's more than fine with me. There are other places I can go. I'll respect your decision and I won't be pathetic enough to ban dodge or create another account. Don't misunderstand me, I do like it here, but I won't be changing for anybody. Ever.

My post was not made in the direction of any one particular member.

Nobody is asking anyone to change who they are unless they find it impossible to discuss GNR and non-GNR related topics without the need for personal attacks. Post whatever you want so long as it's respectful of others opinions and isn't meant to antagonize others. Do that and you're fine. If this very simple and basic request is too much to ask for, then yeah, perhaps this place isn't for you.

And I'm not saying that this is how I see you Damn Smooth. I'm simply stating more generally that I would like to think that most here are interested in interacting with others because they're fans of GNR in various ways versus those who are primarily interested in antagonizing others simply because they might have different opinions than one's own. Most here are able to disagree without being offensive, even when discussions become a little heated.

• Like 1

No, Damn Smooth ... I think he was (somehow) talking to me, since some of my posts were also deleted.

I just wanted to make it clear that, once it's not allowed to post in portuguese and english is not my first language, my effort to post in english could deserve some more respect for a certain staff member who's always complaining about my bad english.

But, I assume what I've done and that I should have talked to Nosaj in private first. So, I just have to respect Downzy's action and thank him for his coherence and ponderate way to put some order in this place.

Edited by GUNNER PT

Sorry if there's any specific topic about emoticons ... I didn't found it.

Can you please add this one to the list? 451542.gif

It's a special request from GUNNER ... I would like to spread some happiness on the forum ... you can tag it as :gunny: or :happyfag: or whatever you want :)

Edited by GUNNER PT
  • Like 1

Sorry if there's any specific topic about emoticons ... I didn't found it.

Can you please add this one to the list? 451542.gif

It's a special request from GUNNER ... I would like to spread some happiness on the forum ... you can tag it as :gunny: or :happyfag: or whatever you want :)

:451542:

Done! (It's on the second page of emoticons, though the icon is small due to the horizontal space it takes up).

Also used this one, because, well, I can see this saving Dazey a lot of time:

:smiley-confused2:

Also rearranged the order a little bit. My favourite and most used emoticon ( :facepalm: ) is now at the beginning of the list, saving me from scrolling to the back to use it.

you can tag it as :gunny: or :happyfag:

:lol:

:facepalm:

See, less than one minute after I made the change I come across a post that warranted that as a response.

:dance: : dance : is the keyboard shortcut (minus the spaces).