Ask staff

UK SUBS

FFS, can we really not raise $300 or whatever per month amongst us in order to avoid this shit? I'd pledge $25/month if that got the ball rolling. Fuck Google.

Very few are as golden as you are Mags.... See my post in the recent thread.

Was just reading it. I know you guys are doing all you can. Wasn't calling you out as much as the members. If this is important to people, let's raise the cash to rid ourselves of it. I don't expect that to happen, of course.

In the meantime, I'm able to block all ads on my laptop and most ads on my mobiles, so I'm good either way. :lol:

Can we have another subscriber status or something? Like orange or some shit for those who pledge to donate say $10-$15 a month? Surely we can get enough that way to cover all the monthly costs?

• Like 2

Not to be all negative, but is there anyone that cares enough about whether people know that they're giving more money than others that they want another colour on their name? If people want to support the forum I imagine they would independent on whether their name was in green, blue or orange. Seems like a waste of time to look into that. But what do I know, maybe it makes people feel important if other people know they've given more money.

Not to be all negative, but is there anyone that cares enough about whether people know that they're giving more money than others that they want another colour on their name? If people want to support the forum I imagine they would independent on whether their name was in green, blue or orange. Seems like a waste of time to look into that. But what do I know, maybe it makes people feel important if other people know they've given more money.

Wouldn't bother me if it wasn't known at all. I'm just suggesting that while a one off donation of a decent size may obviously be of great help it doesn't help the admins plan anything going forward. If you could get 20 members who otherwise couldn't really afford to donate $120 to commit to a regular $10 a month somehow then you could eliminate all the forum costs in one fell swoop assuming that the difference was covered by google ads now they've been reinstated. Personally I'd be first on the list. :)

• Like 1

Wouldn't bother me if it wasn't known at all. I'm just suggesting that while a one off donation of a decent size may obviously be of great help it doesn't help the admins plan anything going forward. If you could get 20 members who otherwise couldn't really afford to donate $120 to commit to a regular $10 a month somehow then you could eliminate all the forum costs in one fell swoop assuming that the difference was covered by google ads now they've been reinstated. Personally I'd be first on the list. :)

It's one of the more logical things to do. It's not something for everyone, naturally - but would definitely go some way to resolving any financial shortfall.

Efforts are underway to secure the long-term stability of the forum that is not so dependent on the generosity or charity of its members. While the donations are still very much appreciated and needed to keep the lights on, ultimately our long term goal is to be less donation dependent.

Trust me guys, things are in the works so don't worry. It will not in any way with how you interact with the forum or how it operates. But it's not something I can elaborate on at the moment and will likely be a few months before things are set in place.

Too bad Axl hates mygnr and won't bail the forum out again like in 2011 :shrugs:

Please ban.

You've turned into a serious piece of shit, you know that?

Fool you once then shame on him, fool you twice then shame on you.

....Except there are plenty of examples where we've given members a second (or third) chance and they've turned over a completely new leaf.

Not saying I disagree with your analogy entirely - but I'd rather have given someone the benefit of the doubt (and another crack at being a decent member) than just say "that's it, you're banned forever".

It's not always black and white, but if someone approached me about an unbanning and seemed genuine about it - 9/10 times, they were allowed back. Didn't always work out, but on balance, it was the right way to approach things.

I agree 100%. But it's on us from here on out when these people do come back (I'm using 'we' loosely here). I mean, you can't blame a retard for being a retard, you know? Fine, we didn't know it was a retard right off the bat, but then it showed its retarded stripes,. So we can't blame it when it retards around because that's what retards do. They don't know any better.

Too bad Axl hates mygnr and won't bail the forum out again like in 2011 :shrugs:

Please ban.

....Except there are plenty of examples where we've given members a second (or third) chance and they've turned over a completely new leaf.

Not saying I disagree with your analogy entirely - but I'd rather have given someone the benefit of the doubt (and another crack at being a decent member) than just say "that's it, you're banned forever".

It's not always black and white, but if someone approached me about an unbanning and seemed genuine about it - 9/10 times, they were allowed back. Didn't always work out, but on balance, it was the right way to approach things.

I agree 100%. But it's on us from here on out when these people do come back (I'm using 'we' loosely here). I mean, you can't blame a retard for being a retard, you know? Fine, we didn't know it was a retard right off the bat, but then it showed its retarded stripes,. So we can't blame it when it retards around because that's what retards do. They don't know any better.
Agreed. In this case WFA tricked HV to let him back in but rest assured I don't think that Donwzy would fall for it should WFA get banned again.

Please ban.

Agreed. In this case WFA tricked HV to let him back in but rest assured I don't think that Donwzy would fall for it should WFA get banned again.

:lol:

You just can't resist having a dig can you?

• Like 1