Ask staff

UK SUBS

Whole heartedly agree with HV on giving people another chance.

Going forward, we've instituted a new policy with respect to returned members. There's now a undetermined probationary period.

Moreover, returned members are given far less leeway than a member who has never been banned. I'm not sure if all formerly banned member realize or accept this.

I VOW TO NEVER RETURN TO MYGNR but I still comment on matters about the forum.

My favorites are the ones who say "I'm banned, I don't care that I'm banned, and I'm going to write a John Grisham novel worth of butthurt about why I don't care that I'm banned" :lol:

The ones who claim they hate this site with a venomous passion, and then go as far as to plead terms so they're let back in are a close second though.

Edited by Bobbo

Going forward, we've instituted a new policy with respect to returned members. There's now a undetermined probationary period.

Moreover, returned members are given far less leeway than a member who has never been banned. I'm not sure if all formerly banned member realize or accept this.

Just looking for some clarification here real quick as I might've missed it. When you say "returned members" do you mean post subsy or pre subsy? Because I was one of the member let back in when subs first took over and unbanned the entire roster way back in 2012, (when things were unusually strict and several members were banned with no explanation or prior warnings) and haven't had so much as a warning point since. Does this new policy apply to members like me as well? 'Cause that'd be kinda lame in all honesty...

Just looking for some clarification here real quick as I might've missed it. When you say "returned members" do you mean post subsy or pre subsy? Because I was one of the member let back in when subs first took over and unbanned the entire roster way back in 2012, (when things were unusually strict and several members were banned with no explanation or prior warnings) and haven't had so much as a warning point since. Does this new policy apply to members like me as well? 'Cause that'd be kinda lame in all honesty...

No... Sorry, I should have been more specific. The members who still remain who were once banned prior to Subs' takeover work off the same system as everyone else.

It's a different story for anyone who was banned after Subs took over but allowed back at some point. :shades:

• Like 1

Please remember this thread is meant for the purposes of asking staff questions. If you have questions for fellow members, please feel free to message them privately.

EDIT: This post was not directed at Mysteron, but a subsequent post that has since been removed.

Please remember this thread is meant for the purposes of asking staff questions. If you have questions for fellow members, please feel free to message them privately.

EDIT: This post was not directed at Mysteron, but a subsequent post that has since been removed.

Downzy, what is the chat regarding your interaction with Axl? Are you no longer telling us due to your title on the forum?

Downzy, what is the chat regarding your interaction with Axl? Are you no longer telling us due to your title on the forum?

;)

;)

Guy takes a couple of months off but comes back to stir up trouble :max:

P5 has heard my story, ask him if he thinks it's appropriate for me to share at this point in time. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Could it be possible to restore certain parts of Use You Illusion before other parts of that section? Say like the threads that were pics of band members? I was looking for a pic of Axl and couldn't find it online anywhere.And I'm almost 100% sure that its in that thread in UYI.

Pic in question was where he was sitting onstage looking all sad and lonely.

Could it be possible to restore certain parts of Use You Illusion before other parts of that section? Say like the threads that were pics of band members? I was looking for a pic of Axl and couldn't find it online anywhere.And I'm almost 100% sure that its in that thread in UYI.

It is coming back in one form or another, but it won't be right away. Still sorting through stuff to ensure compliance with our advertising partners

Also,can we use a reliable ad blocker? And what would be a good,free,reliable one to use?

Sorry if my response is kind of dickish, but advertising revenue is what keeps this place afloat. You could always donate $5 and you wouldn't have to worry about the ads anymore. Sorry, but you're not going to find help here on how to curtail one of the means by which we keep this place alive.

• Like 2

I absolutely love his connection to the fans and I staunchly believe that he is a driving force on the release of new music.

Obvious trolling thread is obvious.

Russ locked this thread....

so we reached the point when a member starting a thread about DJ, it's automaticaly regarded a cupcake thread, because DJ's shticks are so fucking annoying that even the staff considered him a joke? Or the staff must protect DJ from the potentional insults, so they would rather lock another new thread about him?

This is become even more and more hilarious :lol:

Edited by Motivation

Neither... It was an obvious trolling thread considering how it was set up. Referring DJ as the "driving force on new music" for GNR is obviously meant to promote vitriol and fervour considering we haven't heard one DJ contributed GNR tune and there is no update regarding a new album.

• Like 1

Neither... It was an obvious trolling thread considering how it was set up. Referring DJ as the "driving force on new music" for GNR is obviously meant to promote vitriol and fervour considering we haven't heard one DJ contributed GNR tune and there is no update regarding a new album.

I see your POV, but driving force FOR new music could be true.... esp. if you consider that Bumble is out and DJ is still in and we've heard about that DJ is among the few people who heard a few things about new music and working on new stuff (i'm not talking about the usual "I've write tons of songs for GNR, Axl hear my demos" same old shit....)

I see your POV, but driving force FOR new music could be true.... esp. if you consider that Bumble is out and DJ is still in and we've heard about that DJ is among the few people who heard a few things about new music and working on new stuff (i'm not talking about the usual "I've write tons of songs for GNR, Axl hear my demos" same old shit....)

That could be a possibility, but it is by no means definite or true. We simply don't know right now. But what we do know is that DJ is a polarizing member of the band and there was no need to introduce the topic of public relations in such a manner. Perhaps we're being a bit overbearing, but when you consider how quickly degraded conversation gets within DJ-related discussions, the move was perfectly reasonable.

I do think there was a valid conversation in there, so I'm going to move the more valid posts (i.e. mine :P) into the GNR social media thread where people can continue discussing the matter.

Personally, I thought the OP, parisrocks, is just a fan, not a cupcake. As far as I can remember, he's always pretty positive about DJ. I see the risk of it escalating in a cupcake thread, but it seemed a bit unfair of accusing parisrocks of trolling :shrugs: I could be wrong of course, but that's how I see it.

Personally, I thought the OP, parisrocks, is just a fan, not a troll. As far as I can remember, he's always pretty positive about DJ. I see the risk of it escalating in a troll thread, but it seemed a bit unfair of accusing parisrocks of trolling :shrugs: I could be wrong of course, but that's how I see it.

It may have well been, it's tough to tell sometimes. But an explanation has been given, the topic has been revived elsewhere in the forum, I think it's time to move on.

;)

Guy takes a couple of months off but comes back to stir up trouble :max:

P5 has heard my story, ask him if he thinks it's appropriate for me to share at this point in time. :shrugs:

a few of us were following along when you teased it a year and a half ago? now it's not happening?

Edited by PITBOSS

It is coming back in one form or another, but it won't be right away. Still sorting through stuff to ensure compliance with our advertising partners

I don't think there's any point in bringing back the section. It was barely used anyway before you took it offline. Just bring back the more popular threads and move them into relevant sections (members pictures thread in Anything Goes, pics of musicians in My World, Axl and Slash pics in the main section) and save yourselves the trouble of combing through everything else.