Ask staff

UK SUBS

I am seeing the same thing RE the links in random words

^^ That does look bad. Have you clicked on 'Are fairies real ?' yet ? I'd like to know. And ads related to 'I log out and skim through it: Screen your patio.' :lol:

These better bring in big bucks, Subs.

I havent seen an ad for Are Fairies Real yet, but I did see one for "High Yield CDs" I assumed it was referring to the next Guns N Roses album.....

• Like 1

Also, dafuq is this? It happened when I was randomly selecting some text while reading it. Seems like ads and a feature happening at once.

5RqR3bW.png

Personally, I think it's terribly annoying as I have a habbit of selecting text as I read it.

Edited by username

^^ That does look bad. Have you clicked on 'Are fairies real ?' yet ? I'd like to know. And ads related to 'I log out and skim through it: Screen your patio.' :lol:

These better bring in big bucks, Subs.

Yesterday I earned (wait for it wait for it......) $0.15 !!! Haha.

Ok we'll try and resolve.

I've resolved :) DONATE $5 USERNAME YOU TIGHT WOD!!!

But I will say this. With this ad system you might force enough current members into donating to cover the costs. But you'll also stop any possible community growth. New people will not donate because they don't know what they're donating for. They'll also be so annoyed by all the ads popping up and what not that they'll leave. So there will be less new people and once the people that are sticking around feel the place is getting stale they might leave too. Which would even make the place shrink. Take that for what it is. It's just my opinion and in the end I don't make any calls here.

I've resolved :) DONATE $5 USERNAME YOU TIGHT WOD!!!

I'd sooner leave. I'm sorry but that's the way it.

Yea

I was joking!

I wasn't. I do feel that the way you're doing it now - making it so annoying that the only reasonable options seem to be donating or leaving - will ultimately hurt the forum rather than help it.

Not trying to pick a fight here by the way. I respect you a lot and I generally agree with most things you've done with the place. I respect whatever decisions you'll end up making and I can certainly understand the dilemma for you as well. Just offering my opinion on it. Sorry if it comes off in any other way than that.

• Like 2

Yeah

I get YOU wernt joking.

I'm not offended in the slightest -- I'll happily live and die by the sword and the decisions I make :)

I'm telling you though, for anybody not willing to pump money into this place (potential new members as well as current ones), this stuff is enough to scare people off. Usability is taking a massive dive with this. I know it's already well on it's way to suck the fun out of it for me personally. For an informative site (pwinsider for example) this is ok. But for a forum, way too much. Edited by username

YeahI get YOU wernt joking.I'm not offended in the slightest -- I'll happily live and die by the sword and the decisions I make :)

I'm telling you though, for anybody not willing to pump money into this place (potential new members as well as current ones), this stuff is enough to scare people off. Usability is taking a massive dive with this. I know it's already well on it's way to suck the fun out of it for me personally. For an informative site (pwinsider for example) this is ok. But for a forum, way too much.

Yeah, I definitely get you!!