Goodbye Ron (???)

The band has been dead for a while. This is just one more thing that makes it difficult to stay in denial about that.

A new release in 2014/2015 followed by another tour will prove otherwise.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes it sucks being a GN'R fan, like right now.

I'd welcome being wrong on this one, man. Don't think I am though.

As long as the band is actually out there playing music, that band isn't dead in any logical meaning of the word. If this hiatus turns out to be permanent, then the band is dead. But we don't know that yet, and saying that the band has been dead for a while now, when they have been touring constantly, suggest the person who says it thinks thatg a band needs to release music to be "alive".

I'll call it a zombie band at best. Won't go any further.

Well, everyone.

I just got back from having lunch with Ron. It was nice and we kept things light. I didn't want to say anything, but after we got the bill, I said "So Ron, are you still with GNR?"

He just gave me a sad smile and sort of shook his head.

nvr4gt

• Like 1

I don't understand why he's changing his profile that way. For sure he knows us well enough to know that we'll be speculating about it ? It's like the dust finally settled, we didn't really know if Ron was going to leave, but we got on with our lives, and then he hits us again with his riddles and we can start analyzing and obsessing again about what clues he might or might not have given us. He's such a tease.

I understand some people making light and making jokes (I guess?) with the situation, but honestly, please stop. Might not be a big deal to some, but it is for others, and regardless of your opinion on Ron, it is a big deal for the band in general.

While no one really has anything constructive towards this issue until it's confirmed or denied officially by Axl/Gn'R and/or Ron, please try to keep the trolling/joking out of the thread. It's annoying to read and cleanup, and we'd rather not have to lock the thread as we know people would like to have it open for "discussion".

I'm making jokes and I am one of the biggest Ron supporters here. Sorry, Sabbath, just a coping mechanism for some. Of course I want him to stay.

At the same time, if leaving benefits his health and career, I hope he does so.

It just sucks

96w046.jpg

You're Welcome.

Fuck, I am done :rofl-lol:

I'm sorry if my stupid comments were out of line. I guess I just can't take it too seriously. I mean... how is this different from the other times? It's the same thing. Fan finds a small ambiguous evidence that Ron might be out. TB won't say anything conclusive. Ron refuses to confirm if he's in or out. Same old, same old.

As for him actually leaving. No big deal IMO. It won't affect the (lack of a) new album, it won't affect ticket sales, it won't affect the band, it surely won't affect Team Brazil... It will affect his fans of course, but I guess most of the fans actually prefer him out of the band, as he seems unhappy about GNR/TB and it directly affects his solo career.

It's sad we once again won't have a clear answer but this is GNR. Their tweet about giving the fans information was pure bullshit.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Sucks for GN'R fans, but if he's out of the band he might have more time to dedicate to solo efforts, and he produces some interesting music, or I think so at least. So, good for Bumblefoot fans, bad for GN'R fans.

Every time someone leaves a band I follow, I get excited about who will replace them, so this is kind of a win for me too. Mostly a loss since I really enjoy his playing, but I have his solo records for that.

I understand some people making light and making jokes (I guess?) with the situation, but honestly, please stop.

So let me get this straight. We can't make light of the situation?

:rofl-lol:

No.

What I was saying is I guess I understand people wanting to? In the sense of how ridiculous it is of how this stuff comes out to the public and how we have to be when we're trying to find out if it's true or not.

New GNR is dead(er) than it currently has been if BBF goes, what a great use of talent Axl has applied to his vision, at least with Finck and Bucket we got a whole album and a supposed vault of songs that are probably machete'd to shit and half-recorded over and lost in translation now. I'd like to know what Axl's plan is, if he couldn't even get in the studio with a second gem he was extraordinarily lucky to find as soon as another literal Star Player left, then what is gonna inspire him to get in the studio when he has to find ANOTHER replacement? The man is insane, he is stubborn for an unknown reason, obv he makes plenty of cash associating with the classic material but why not just get a reunion together if that is the sole ambition of yourself? It's certainly not an example of a wild west stand of integrity. Losing a guy like BBF because you refuse to do anything except a handful of new old songs and revert to revolving everything around old GNR after a highly successful and exciting world tour of CD is just sad, no one would blame the guy for jumping ship, that'd be integrity/

• Like 1

I understand some people making light and making jokes (I guess?) with the situation, but honestly, please stop.

So let me get this straight. We can't make light of the situation?

:rofl-lol:

No.

What I was saying is I guess I understand people wanting to? In the sense of how ridiculous it is of how this stuff comes out to the public and how we have to be when we're trying to find out if it's true or not.

Well the OP is very clear. Ron is gone. However we know it is possible he is just trying to get Axl´s and TB attention. Assuming he is trying to get attention in order to have a better contract it is not the right way to do it. I´m sick and tired of Ron´s attention whore attitude for whatever motive he may have. If he is so fucking unhappy and pissed off he better leave once and for all. And if he wants more money to stay that´s something between him, Axl and management. And that comment he wrote is complety out of place if his motive is to play hard ball with Axl.

• Like 1

fact is we probably won't get an "official" announcement. it does indeed suck if Ron is out, but it won't be the end of the world for this band. ron talking in past tense about his time with guns, cryptic tweets and updates, telling a forum member it's his last show with guns, just do it already if you're out.