Goodbye Ron (???)

100,000 to 200,000: he is back in the fold.

This stuff has been going on since day one with BF. BF likes to moan to look cool but he never ever leaves which probably means a pay increase. So its a pointless discussion. He never will carry through with his moaning and cryptic puzzles aimed at the fans. He likes to do this stuff for some reason. At least Ashba just says, ''I am a cock rocker, give me the cash''.

Right. He probably didn't even really injure his back. Just a ploy to get more money. :rolleyes:

Who's to say he isn't getting a shit deal for what he does? I think MSL revealed way back that Ron had some beef regarding the difference in salary between him and DJ. I'd be pretty disgruntled if I was a "co-lead" guitarist with that useless piece of shit and he was making magnitudes more money than me just because he's more active on Twitter.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 4

I don't think anyone wants BBF to leave if Ashba stays, then he really would be able to call himself lead guitarist, can you imagine him clamoring to play some of BBF's parts? I have no doubt he CAN play them adequately once in a blue moon but competently and consistently? If he can't even make a good impression in his current position to those who give a damn about the material being represented properly, I don't think so.

Edited by RandallFlagg

As long as DJ is in the band, Axl is either going to have to keep another guitarist employed who can cover for what DJ can't play, and probably grossly underpay them, or let DJ fumble his way through every solo every night.

I hope this leads to a Secondary Lead Guitarists Guild strike.

Edited by bacardimayne

He could do half the damn setlist 'hits' and the other half 'new' GNR he just has no faith despite pushing the boat out for over a decade and being successful, he can use the name to promote new material whilst promising classic hits for those casuals that safely assure big sales for the shows, it's insane that even in the face of certain profit no matter what new songs he brings... he chooses repetition.

With lead guitars duties all to himself, DJ Ashba will literally live the dream. Hopefully he will learn the second half of the SCOM solo. Don't worry Ashba, I fuck up that part myself a lot.

i'm worse then DJ on guitar maybe we both can play out of tune together.

I cannot wait until a recording surfaces of the first GNR show where DJ has to play Ron's parts in the songs that they can't drop.

The DJ Ashba Disaster Part IV is nigh. (I being his TIL debacle in Taipei 09, II being SCOM at the GG Awards, III being that Patience thing where he was trying to improvise)

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

I don't mind Ashba's This I Love solo, sure he's simplified/shreddified it and the bending can sometimes do Finck a disservice but it's a decent rendition, at least he don't put his choreographed cigarette out during it anymore. Wasn't it one of his first shows when he screwed it up? I know folk usually practice severely for a new gig and what must've been a known common song they were gonna play but it is a long set and Ashba isn't the most studious of players with all his ventures and somewhat delusions to his skill on the instrument. We can cut him a little slack for that moment. Yes I know BBF has ripped Prostitute, Estranged and TWAT on short notice but we know he's several levels higher on the axe.

i would be STUNNED if ron left guns n' roses!

STUNNED would be an understatement for me at least

The only stunning thing would be an official announcement from GNR on the matter. I don't think they ever announced Robin's departure in any way shape or form.

They announced it in the same statement that announced DJ's hiring.

Ali

I don't mind Ashba's This I Love solo, sure he's simplified/shreddified it and the bending can sometimes do Finck a disservice but it's a decent rendition, at least he don't put his choreographed cigarette out during it anymore. Wasn't it one of his first shows when he screwed it up? I know folk usually practice severely for a new gig and what must've been a known common song they were gonna play but it is a long set and Ashba isn't the most studious of players with all his ventures and somewhat delusions to his skill on the instrument. We can cut him a little slack for that moment. Yes I know BBF has ripped Prostitute, Estranged and TWAT on short notice but we know he's several levels higher on the axe.

He consistently screws it up as recently as Vegas. His own solo that he wrote because he couldn't handle the Finck solo. And he can't even play it 5 years later. Despite playing it at every show.

Edited by bacardimayne