What was your first car?

slash23579

1977 Chrysler Gallant. Faded paint and vinyl roof. It was a piece of shit, but as it was my first car, I loved it. Bought it for a $1000 and sold it for the same amount a year later. Had some fun in it, too, as teenagers do.

A first car is like your first shag...you never forget it, though it can be embarrassing talk about.

in 2003: 1988 Oldsmobile cutlass calais, like this:

261100001_large.jpg?v=1

Parents, it's important if you give your kids a car, make it a piece of shit car. Even if you're quite wealthy, give them a beater. If they want more, make them earn it.

JM out yo'

Edited by Jackie Moon

Ah, this is embarrassing...

My first car was a 1992 Chevy Lumina driven by an old woman with very low miles on it.

I paid 5 grand cash for it after working a summer job.

It was totaled after having it for almost 1 year. An out of town idiot t-boned me on my drivers side.

Got a Mazda Mx5 kept it for a few years and traded up to a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS-fully loaded @ 28k.

Kept the eclipse until 2008 then traded for a BMW z4-had to get rid of after 3 years due to being diagnosed with Lupus and

now drive a Mazda Rx8 which I love to death but nothing can replace the eclipse.

I regret trading it-it was a beautiful light blue color and you don't see many around anymore :(.

My first car was a 1992 Chevy Lumina driven by an old woman with very low miles on it.

It was totaled after having it for almost 1 year. An out of town idiot t-boned me on my drivers side.

Got a Mazda Mx5 kept it for a few years and traded up to a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS-fully loaded @ 28k.

Kept the eclipse until 2008 then traded for a BMW z4-had to get rid of after 3 years due to being diagnosed with Lupus and

now drive a Mazda Rx8 which I love to death but nothing can replace the eclipse.

I regret trading it-it was a beautiful light blue color and you don't see many around anymore :(.

what i read is, you parlayed a lumina into a BMW via an idiot t-boning you!?

sounds like a great course of events, way to go! :thumbsup:

Edited by Jackie Moon

• 2 weeks later...

what i read is, you parlayed a lumina into a BMW via an idiot t-boning you!?

sounds like a great course of events, way to go! :thumbsup:

Haha! Pretty much. Letting the BMW go was very difficult for me but I plan to get another Z4 since they make them with hard tops now once the RX8 is paid for ( I had a 2003 3.0, 32k miles on it, maldives blue ).

The RX8 I have is a rare model.

They only made 2,000 reason being the factory in Japan producing this car/color/engine caught fire so they had to stop production of the 2005 shinka. I'm such a geek on this that I even

have my PRODUCTION # to parade around only to other car geeks...

It's a beautiful car and one I plan to keep as a collectors keepsake.

BUT MARK MY WORDS I WILL GET THAT GODDAMN Z4 BACK!

:P

Edited by Sheri_Rose