Malcolm Young Not Expected to Return to ACDC

axlslash

I thought they had a deal together where if one of them left, they would all disband.

I'm sure Malcolm told them to go on, and he surely had a strong hand in writing the material. It's tough to make yourself and make others stop a project like writing/recording and album halfway through. But this is probably the last record then out. They've already given rock n roll so much, everyone would have understood if they dropped it, but respect to them.

I thought they had a deal together where if one of them left, they would all disband.

I'm sure Malcolm told them to go on, and he surely had a strong hand in writing the material. It's tough to make yourself and make others stop a project like writing/recording and album halfway through. But this is probably the last record then out. They've already given rock n roll so much, everyone would have understood if they dropped it, but respect to them.

Wasn't it Malcolm that wrote the Back In Black riff? that's pretty cool. Hopefully he'll recover, but doesn't seem like he'll return to the band.

Edited by Rovim

I'm sure Malcolm wanted this to go on, we don't know how bad he is, but there had probably been family discussions, plus Stevie had stepped in for Malcolm before. He's still going to get all the t-shirt and tour money whether or not he's on stage, so why shouldn't they do it? They don't want to let him down, or us. The questions I have are more about whether Brian's writing again or older brother George is in the studio with them again. not that they need the older brother there, but he was there from when the band was formed and guided them along the way.

Even if Malcolm's rich, the tour money is still going to help with having the best medical help possible.

I'm guessing we'll see a fall tour into next summer if the album's done. I'm sure venue rumors will be buzzing soon if this is the case.

No Malcolm = only 2 of the original 5, therefore not AC/DC anymore IMO.

Technically, 1 of 5. The Australian version of High Voltage was recorded before Phil joined.
Oh I know but until they settled on the Scott/Young/Young/Evans/Rudd lineup it was essentially the Young brothers, Dave Evans and randos in the rhythm section. The amount of folks of say your parents vintage here in Oz that had Acca Dacca play at their high schools etc back in those days is hilarious but they were obviously pretty uh not solid as a lineup back then hence why that was the case.