"Final Ride" - Sons of Anarchy Final Season Discussion

*SPOILERS WITHIN, of course*

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4195396633/

Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFHzsyBKE6Y

Anyone else excited? Any speculations on who will live, who will die? What will happen?

Personally, I think Gemma will end up framing Juice for Tara's murder. I mean, it seems like Jax would believe that, since Juice was basically already out of the club, and is now on the run and can definitely be tied to the crime scene. I figure this'll happen around the third or fourth episode, and from that point on the season will focus on the war with the Mayans, until the last few, or possibly very last episode, where Jax will find out about Gemma's role in John's death and also discover that she murdered Tara.

Sorry for the lacking first post. First topic and all.

EDIT: Thanks to sweetchild88 for the youtube link. And for part of the topic title, haha.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.
  • Like 1

I am so excited! I'm still thinking on my speculations.

That is a pretty good theory you have there.

Looks like they are going to have some interesting guest stars, including Marilyn Manson.

Post 'em here when you're ready! I always have fun reading speculation other fans have. Especially in the rare instances when it turns out right, cause then I can say "Hey, I know someone who called that!"

Thanks. I'm kind of afraid of another cop out, since that character is prone to getting those, but at the same time, I figure it's the final season and the writers are no strangers to killing off big characters early on in the season, so it's somewhat of a safe bet. We'll see in a few weeks :)

I'm not sure where I stand on all the guest stars. On the one hand, I think some of the arcs sound neat. On the other hand, one of those guest stars is Courtney Love. Seems kind of odd that all of these new characters would be introduced in the final season. I'd prefer the characters we care about and are already established get more plot. Especially Chibs, since he's been pretty neglected since season three. I might be over thinking all of this though. The guest stars may end up just getting an episode each, or not all that much screen time. Either way, I'm sure I'll be happy with the conclusion.

Provided there are no lumberjacks. Or "LumberJax," as the case may be.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried looking for a better quality vid of this, but couldn't find one. I'll have to post a better link later, but for now this is all I can find.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=727039637367527&permPage=1

Trailer seems to be continuing the trend of indicating Jax will be more brutal than ever this season. Hopefully they can handle that sort of character well :) The next part I'm gonna hide, because it contains possible spoilers for the upcoming season.

So, according to Paris Barclay, up to episode eight, the one they're currently filming, two characters whose actors were present at comic con are dead. I'm betting that Juice is one, but I'm not sure of a second. My money's on the other one being another club member, or possibly Wendy. Wouldn't it be a bitch to Ratboy's actor if, after finally getting a prominent role and main cast status, he dies less than midway through the final season? Haha. A friend of mine saw a picture that lead him to believe Tig was the other, but I'm kinda hoping that's false. No way it's Unser though, that guy's gonna outlive all of them, haha. But honestly, with every bit of info we get, it looks less and less likely that Juice will be in a majority of this season. Looks like his time is finally coming.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.

Can't wait. Who lives and who dies is my big question. I'm not even sure Jax is going to make it out alive.

Jax is definitely gonna end up dead when all is said and done. As for the rest? A lot of it is up in the air, but I'm gonna guess at least half of the club bites it by the end. I'm not sure how many of the important ones (Bobby, Chibs, Tig, etc.) will die, but I'm pretty sure all the guys Bobby recruited last year will, except maybe Quinn.

I wonder if Jax will brood about things and then flip out on people.

Well, yeah. But after that and a healthy amount of browalking and spouting about "my family," he'll take the decision to the table and then get to the bottom of things. Bro.

I hope that bitch of a mother (played by Peg Bundy) gets killed.

She's screwed her son again and again, so he needs to realize this and kill her.

She'll die defending the club and her boys.

They kept Nero around and he's really the only man left in Gemma's life and he's kind of keeping her sane. Kind of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNU1R5VP7Qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIKs_mimImo

Both of those have been airing for awhile now, but they were finally officially put up. I didn't see the guy getting hit with a bat in the original link. Glad this version is much clearer. I wonder if Unser knows Gemma's secret?

I think my theory in the initial post might be wrong now though. Jax looks like he's stabbing someone in the head to kill them, and that seems like how he'd kill the person he believes to be responsible for the death in last season's finale. This one clearly has hair, so it doesn't look like the theory is very likely now. Ah well, I still strongly believe that character will be dead before the midway point, and if not they'll likely not appear much.

Unser is the only one who could tell Jax what actually led to JT's death.

No, Nero knows. Gemma told him near the end of last season.

I think there's a reason for this. Nero will likely get involved, tell Jax the truth, which will cause:

Jax will brood about things and then flip out on people.

This is a tough show to predict in terms of story line. I was expecting Clay to make it to the end, with everyone dying in the finale. All I feel confident about is that the outcome will be a result of very poor decisions and even worse timing/luck.

One of the things to remember is what their weaknesses are. Nero's son - anything happens to him, he'll lose it. Jax is already going to be fucked in the head looking for revenge, and Gemma's going to play him. Wendy's on Gemma's good side (for now), let's remember she is the mother of the boys and understands the SAMCRO life. She's a lot older than she was when she was the junkie whore, as Gemma lovingly calls her.

It's going to be interesting how Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love factor into this season. Manson's character is someone Jax meets in prison.

sons-anarchy-season-7-spoilers_1.jpg?ito

Bought the sixth season DVD on Tuesday. Already watched all of the episodes again because I have no life, haha. Last year the season seemed so dull and stupid, but without the commercials is actually isn't so bad. Also, the episodes are about five minutes longer than the average, confirming yet again that "two hour" episodes is just a clever way of saying "a whole additional hour of ads." Despite that, I can't deny that the season was pretty much all filler, save for some obvious exceptions.

Something else I noticed, according to one of the characters, only three years have passed in show time. I don't know how that works though, because taking in the short amount of times between seasons (except the prison stay between three and four), it seems like only a little over two would have passed. I guess a ton of months were skipped between one and two after all. Eh, I'll figure it out later.

For some reason, I don't see Manson or Courtney Love's characters sticking around or being all that present. I'm sure they'll get more than one episode each, but no more than four. Hard to say with this show though, but I'm really hoping too much focus isn't given to the new characters. This is the last time we'll be seeing the characters we've become familiar with, so I'm hoping more focus will be put on them.

Not many days now. Unfortunately, the show will go on a week longer than previously expected, and end on December 9th, but not because of an additional episode. They're going to do what they did last year and take a break for Thanksgiving weekend.

I think there's a reason for this. Nero will likely get involved, tell Jax the truth, which will cause:

This is a tough show to predict in terms of story line. I was expecting Clay to make it to the end, with everyone dying in the finale. All I feel confident about is that the outcome will be a result of very poor decisions and even worse timing/luck.

Nero knowing the secret will definitely play into things somehow. Right now what I'm thinking is that Gemma will frame Juice for Tara's death, and so Jax will go to kill him. Juice will tell Jax the truth, but he won't believe it and will kill him anyways. But this plants a seed in Jax's mind, and when he discovers the truth about JT's death from Nero, he looks into things and discovers the truth about Gemma's involvement in both deaths. It seems like Jax will find out about this by episode seven though, so what happens after that, I'm not really sure. I suppose it could end up working like Hamlet, and we see Jax and Gemma (in the place of Claudius) working against one another, discreetly and without coming in contact, or letting their intentions be known. Eh, prolly all wrong about this, hah. Like you said, it's hard to predict.

This show seemed like it was going to end so predictably before last year. Jax kills Clay, Gemma's abandoned, he and Tara leave successfully. Well, that's an impossibility now. I'm looking forward to how it all ends. Like you said, a lot of things will happen due to poor decision making and bad timing. It always does. Wouldn't be SoA any other way, would it? Haha.

Bought the sixth season DVD on Tuesday. Already watched all of the episodes again because I have no life, haha. Last year the season seemed so dull and stupid, but without the commercials is actually isn't so bad. Also, the episodes are about five minutes longer than the average, confirming yet again that "two hour" episodes is just a clever way of saying "a whole additional hour of ads." Despite that, I can't deny that the season was pretty much all filler, save for some obvious exceptions.

Something else I noticed, according to one of the characters, only three years have passed in show time. I don't know how that works though, because taking in the short amount of times between seasons (except the prison stay between three and four), it seems like only a little over two would have passed. I guess a ton of months were skipped between one and two after all. Eh, I'll figure it out later.

For some reason, I don't see Manson or Courtney Love's characters sticking around or being all that present. I'm sure they'll get more than one episode each, but no more than four. Hard to say with this show though, but I'm really hoping too much focus isn't given to the new characters. This is the last time we'll be seeing the characters we've become familiar with, so I'm hoping more focus will be put on them.

Not many days now. Unfortunately, the show will go on a week longer than previously expected, and end on December 9th, but not because of an additional episode. They're going to do what they did last year and take a break for Thanksgiving weekend.

This show seemed like it was going to end so predictably before last year. Jax kills Clay, Gemma's abandoned, he and Tara leave successfully. Well, that's an impossibility now. I'm looking forward to how it all ends. Like you said, a lot of things will happen due to poor decision making and bad timing. It always does. Wouldn't be SoA any other way, would it? Haha.

I never for one moment thought Jax and Tara would be able to leave Charming and the club. While predicting the specifics of how it all ends is nearly impossible, I do feel like almost everyone is in for a bad time. These people are too awful and have too many deplorable things for any one of them to just ride out into the sunset. Again, I could be wrong, but the tragic element of the show has never been far from the surface. One of the constant themes has been that history repeats itself, that these characters are trapped to their fates (brought on by some terrible decisions). By the end, I can see Bobby and maybe Nero left standing, but that's about it.

I never for one moment thought Jax and Tara would be able to leave Charming and the club. While predicting the specifics of how it all ends is nearly impossible, I do feel like almost everyone is in for a bad time. These people are too awful and have too many deplorable things for any one of them to just ride out into the sunset. Again, I could be wrong, but the tragic element of the show has never been far from the surface. One of the constant themes has been that history repeats itself, that these characters are trapped to their fates (brought on by some terrible decisions). By the end, I can see Bobby and maybe Nero left standing, but that's about it.

I thought they would get a happy ending at one point, although that was a very long time ago. I agree that by now these people have done too much to get away with anything, but at the same time, I think the tragic element could play out by having some get away with all they did, at least for one of them. Definitely not Jax and Gemma, but someone will get away, I think. Of course, if it's one of the club members, I feel like they'll be trapped to repeat history, just as you said. Although, I can see the story ending on a bad note for Jax, but on a good one for Sons, like maybe Bobby ascends to leadership and things legitimately improve. I know it's not likely, but I hope Nero gets a somewhat happy ending too. On another note, I also see Alvarez surviving.

I think something will happen with Nero's kid that will affect what he does this season.

Bobby already quit so his role in the club's diminished. But Chibs is the one to watch out for.

It feels like something will happen to somebody's kid, since one of the episodes is called "Poor Little Lambs" or something to that effect. I feel like Abel won't survive, because it really seems like that's what they've been leading up to for a long time. Or maybe Thomas, to actually give him some importance in the story. But as for Bobby, I think he's still important to the club, since Jax told him he wanted him to be the acting president over his own VP. I think we should look out for both Chibs and Bobby though. They might be up to something this year.

I had high hopes for this show, but it's fucking ghey.

Sometimes it reminds me of the Dukes of Hazzard.

It's definitely not for everybody. I still like it, but it's nothing at all like I expected it to be. I expected something like an actual biker drama about the club and its members, but it's really just about Jax's struggles. You could copy/paste the story and put it in any kind of organized crime syndicate and things wouldn't change that much.

Three days 'til showtime now. Have any new trailers come out? I haven't done a very good job of keeping track of that. I knew I shoulda let someone else make this topic ._. Haha.

I did find this neat article though: http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Sons-Anarchy-Season-7-Review-Terrifying-Final-Season-Give-You-Panic-Attack-67131.html