Brainstorming a Bumble replacement

I'd like to see what Nuno Bettencourt and Axl could come up with...if it were up to me.

Just close your eyes and imagine a bunch of passive-aggressive tweets and cryptic Facebook posts after Nuno has been in the band for 8 years and realizes he hasn't had the chance to write or record anything new.

• Like 1

Unless it is someone that is unknown and not established..... why would anyone bother joining.

This. No well known and successful guitarist would join this fucken trainwreck excuse of a band, not now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$. The music industry is not what it used to be. GnR still headline festivals and gigs around the world.

Of course I don't like to see any replacement for :bbf:

Just a theory: Axl brigns back Paul Tobias and get 4tus or DJ share the leads... I don't think Izzy want to join full time, neither Duff. Slash is impossibble at this point with this line up. A very very small chance to Robin Finck. Buckethead is almost as impossible as Slash.
But if BBF leaves, then Axl would hire a new guy and the show continues (in this case there won't be another album in Axl's lifetime, imo)

Edited by Crash Diet

who is paul gilbert and why have I never noticed him?

There is a conspiracy theory that Paul Gilbert is Buckethead actually. Funny stuff, though it has been proven wrong. But yeah, Paul Gilbert is the god of alternate picking.

Lots of people are capable of replacing BBF, including Fortus. Someone like Guthrie Govan could pull off the fretless stuff easily, but I think he has too much integrity to work with Axl.

They need a cheesy player to gel with the towering genius that is cashba. How about CC Deville:

220px-CCDeVille.JPG

I've been advocating for CC for quite a while now, since the bar is so fucking low a guy ( guitarist) like Ashba can be in the band for 5 years (at all) CC is actually several rungs up the ladder on DJ in the credibility stakes.

someone mentioned it was rumoured axl had a project with doug Aldrich in the works, does that guy have the chops?

a few good ideas here, nuno bettencourt, john frusciante, paul gilbert, yngwie, Richard fortus

there are tons of good guitarists that would love to be in a touring band and don't have much going on. maybe they had success somewhere along the line but fizzled out?

there's no way someone like Eric Clapton would be into this, he probably makes as much as gnr on his own. I'm talking about someone who is available and would be a good fit.

Am I the only one who always laugh when John Frusciante gets mentioned as a possible Ron B. F. Thal replacement? I mean, the guy left RHCP to have total freedom and control over his career. And he would throw it all away to work FOR Axl Rose? Abandon a creative and productive solo career to play AFD in Vegas? :lol:

• Like 2

I also know there's a minus 1000 chance Frusciante would join this circus, he left the Peppers cause he wanted to get away from the big furore again and focus on his beautiful solo work, I have absolutely no doubt he could make phenomenal contributions if he somehow desired to join but again, being next to DJ Ashba would be grotesque and we saw how well Axl utilized Buckethead, Finck and BBF's talents in the length of time they were available...

Zakk, Frusciante - Clapton! - you lot do realise that new GN’R’s stock is at a colossal all-time low? For someone to join this absurd band they would have to have no creative ambition and no moral scruples (that is that they are willing to play another guy’s guitar parts in Vegas indefinitely). They have to in fact, only care about cash.