Dj Ashba to unveil unheard recordings? (SOLO MUSIC)

So those are all instrumentals too?

I sure hope he isn't singing, too.

Why? Does he have a bad singing voice?

I don't know, but I rarely see him sing and I've never heard him sing, so I would assume he doesn't sing too well.

So those are all instrumentals too?

I sure hope he isn't singing, too.

Why? Does he have a bad singing voice?

the instrumentals will be bad enough, but if Dj is singing too this might actually outdo Matt Sorum's Fierce Joy on the scale of cringeworthy GNR related stuff

I'd prefer to actually hear it before passing judgement.

Cassette Update: So I bought a tape player and my demo from 1996 actually played! As I listened back I instantly got so inspired by the music that I thought to myself I have to re-record this. So I went down and dug this guitar out of storage which I used on the original recording. This guitar is 25 years old and it was covered in rust, so I had to give it a steel wool bath and re-solder the input jack but she fired up and plays perfect. With the knowledge and technology that I lacked 20 years ago, I can finally bring this demo to life. My goal is to keep all of the parts and arrangements exactly the way I wrote them 20 years ago. So far I have all drums, bass, rhythms done on all 10 tunes. I also have 6 completed with leads. I have 4 more leads to go and then it's off to mixing. Not bad since it's only been 3 days! I am only doing this for fun because it's rare that I get this inspired. Shit has brought back insane memories, it's as if I'm in a time warp from hell. Shit is balls to the wall! Back to work I go!

DJ.

5456361121.jpg

sounds like a lot of effort to go to when he could just get the tape converted to digital?

What if he is doing this because he doesnt know that he can convert that tape? Dude just bought a cassette to see if it still plays instead of converting it to mp3 :lol: I'd like to think that a top producer that wants to work with Guns at the very least had the tools to convert to mp3. Edited by Bruno P.

At least the guy is creating something with a guitar... maybe Axl could take a fucking hint that it's not rocket science to get to a studio with a band of 6 years now and ideas probably amounting to a century worth of potential songs...

Yes it seems that everyone in the band loves making music except for one guy, the only one who really counts

• Like 1

At least the guy is creating something with a guitar... maybe Axl could take a fucking hint that it's not rocket science to get to a studio with a band of 6 years now and ideas probably amounting to a century worth of potential songs...

Yes it seems that everyone in the band loves making music except for one guy, the only one who really counts

The talent he himself still has, the ability of the numerous musicians he's had, the touring opportunities, resources and time.. it's insanity.. we will see another record eventually and Axl seems content but the revival of the GNR entity ought've been so much more than this, then again... we are talking about Axl, whose stellar aura comes with flipsides at each turn.

And that's what sucks the most about being an Axl Rose die-hard fan.

It was never confirmed it's DJ singing on those tracks. In fact what I've read is that he wrote the tracks, but that someone else is singing.

Well that brings up the real important question then, doesn't it?

Would we rather have an album with DJ singing - but not playing guitar...........or an album with him playing guitar, but not singing?

He's apparently trying to do a full-fledged record from a demo he made a long time a go with lesser skills (don't ask). Converting to MP3, or another digital format with better definition, wouldn't achieve that.

Not that I care.

Edited by Chuzeville

Maybe Axl knows something we don't. Personally, I think it's because he knows DJ and the rest of the guys couldn't compete with AFD/Lies/UYI quality. I think if they wrote a quick original album, it would sound cheesy and cheap and absolutely stain both he and GNR's rep forever. CD was a good record, but even that thing got mocked. Just imagine an even worse album of cheesy 80's cock rock (you know DJ would make it so). It would just be sad.

This is about quality imo.