New Kings of Chaos tour November/December 2014

JoGer99

slash woudnt want anything to do with axl

Seriously? Slash would kill to be in a room that Axl was in 10 minutes before. I know this cuz I know Slash and he's my best friend and we like to go to the park and fly kites and talk about Axl!

Axl hates--h-a-t-e-s--Slash. Slash doesn't hate, and probably has little (to no) ill will towards Axl.

:o

There is no disputing that Axl hates Slash, and I feel there is very little room for disputing that Slash doesn't hate Axl. Slash has been touting passive aggressive comments at Axl for years (which have been discussed to death on these boards), and then there was the whole showing up to Axl's place in 2005 (if I remember the year correctly), hell he even jokingly called Axl a "little bastard" (and if memory serves me correct referred to him as "my boy" as well) in a radio interview in 2000 or 2001. Slash doesn't really show any deep disdain for Axl, like Axl shows for him.

With the above stated, and just being cognizant of both men's lives since the split, my opinion is that Slash would really like to bury the hatchet with Axl and move forward musically with him, and the fact that Axl doesn't feel the same way really does hurt Slash.

We discussed all this last April as we flew kites in Singapore. I decided against bringing my mom with us, so I saved him a little trouble.

The only expectation I have with nuGNR is no expectations, because they never do anything. If the options are:

(A) Reunion,

or

(B) Spend a year finding a new guitarist to replace Bumble, spending two years on a new leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour so he can learn the ropes, then spending 6 more years choosing which songs are going to be on CD2,

I just feel like Option A would be a lot easier for everyone concerned, and make a helluva lot more money.

Yeah, but that has been the case for 15 years now. I don't see what's new about that situation.

Axl will never come through for us on that front. He's knows its the right thing, certainly from a business standpoint, but also in terms of legacy and goodwill.

But he just gives no fucks about any of it. I'm not sure why people find that so awesome and righteous. Its fucking retarded.

But it will never, ever, ever, ever change.

Well, this particular KOC posting may or may not mean anything, and I think we can all agree Axl don't give a fuck. I just pointed out that it makes sense, because it makes so much fucking sense. As I have said many times in the past, I supported nuGNR for years, never was all that interested in a reunion, but they just continue to not do anything. Year after year. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. But another South American tribute to Appetite and Use Your Illusion, with expanded guitar duties for DJ Ashba, makes no sense whatsoever. Reunion is inevitable. IMO.

I see it the other way around. A reunion is far less likely now with GNR being a glorified cover band with the sole purpose of paying for Axl's next Ferrari. Axl has all the control and likely recoups the lion share of all revenue/profit. Unless Slash/Duff/Izzy were willing to accept similar contracts that current GNR members (other than Axl, of course) are now required to sign, I don't see how a reunion happens.

If Axl and Slash were to ever bury the hatchet it would be by chance. I hope they do for their sake as carrying around grievances can't be healthy (it means fuck all to my life). I could even see Slash joining Axl on stage at some point for a song or two (and I put that possibility around five to ten percent). But an organized GNR reunion that's comprised of mostly AFD/UYI members? It will never happen. Too much money, egos, and resentment involved. Unless, of course, Axl strikes you as the kind of guy who wouldn't cut off his nose to spite his face.

I tend to agree, although Eddie Van Halen swore that he would never work with David Lee Roth, so you never know....

just as Slash is about to World on Fire and Axl has gone to Hawaii there's going to be a reunion. maybe Bucket and Myles will have to fill in for the first week of the tour.

:lol: !

That would be awesome! Probably with Beta on bass.

We are not the only fanbase in this predicament:

http://www.metallicabb.com/index.php?showtopic=156275&page=22

The two great 1980s bands have turned into lazy fucks.

The difference being that Metallica had that magical four album run too. Five really, considering Black gets more respect out of hardcore fan circles, obviously.

Well, for me that are four magical albums:

AFD, Lies, UYI I+II

The difference really is that Metallica have a bigger back catalogue already which makes their situation, slightly easier. Metallica firstly had a head start on Guns, the Cliff Burton era (three albums) preceding the release of Appetite. Secondly, they continued to release albums during Axl's hermitage period (c.1994-2002). But look at the frustration on that forum. It basically echoes the frustration on here. The astonishing fact remains that Metallica have yet to release a ‘proper’ Metallica studio album this decade and the decade is nearly half way through!

Axl holds all the keys, laws, nooses in the castle now and he has the opportunity to maybe allow his servants to create a new record one day if King Rose feels like it, for now he has a protective moat around his kingdom and it would crumble and tumble if he did this with the originals, who were fellow barons alongside him who could force his hand a little... for now Axl is operating GNR as a kinda reunion touring cycle with the decade (and many over a decade) old CD songs as a shield to deceive himself and he can pull a UYI song out or a rare CD song if he desires a big shake up to his repetitive motions.

Yeah I cee it, I'm pretty shure rnr isn't a legitumert word, how dum can you get lole

seems nobody noticed the wrong spelling....

Rnr band that only Kings of Chaos will come close TOO

seems nobody noticed the wrong spelling....

Rnr band that only Kings of Chaos will come close TOO

I tend to agree, although Eddie Van Halen swore that he would never work with David Lee Roth, so you never know....

But they did it for the money. Its not like they are best friends again.

The Eagles are largely a business operation. Mick and Keith haven't been "mates" in 25-30 years.

Money talks with 99% of the business. Just not our guy. He'd rather be mad.

From KOC Wikipedia page : "On 11th August 2014, Kings of Chaos announced a GNR reunion on their Facebook page."

Seriously...

Anyone can update Wikipedia as far as I'm aware. It was probably someone here.

If this spirals I'm gonna get some popcorn in for when Axl becomes aware of it and discovers it leads back to Matt.

But they did it for the money. Its not like they are best friends again.

The Eagles are largely a business operation. Mick and Keith haven't been "mates" in 25-30 years.

Money talks with 99% of the business. Just not our guy. He'd rather be mad.

Hell yeah, it's called integrity.

"We discussed all this last April as we flew kites in Singapore. I decided against bringing my mom with us, so I saved him a little trouble."

huh? who is "we"?

It was a joke. Chris 55 quoted my post and added on that Slash and I go to the park and fly kites and talk about Axl.

I was just keeping the joke alive.

"We discussed all this last April as we flew kites in Singapore. I decided against bringing my mom with us, so I saved him a little trouble."

huh? who is "we"?

It was a joke. Chris 55 quoted my post and added on that Slash and I go to the park and fly kites and talk about Axl.

I was just keeping the joke alive.

That joke didn't die alone. You've held it's hand until the end.