Policing Thread

magisme

No, you said I made this post in another forum and it is my opinion on the matter...without stating that it was in fact someone elses words as opposed to you quoting yourself. But nevermind.

But if you actually take a look at that other forum you'll find that the quote was a part of the posts that I made there, which means I did indeed quote myself. But nevermind.

No, you said I made this post in another forum and it is my opinion on the matter...without stating that it was in fact someone elses words as opposed to you quoting yourself. But nevermind.

But if you actually take a look at that other forum you'll find that the quote was a part of the posts that I made there, which means I did indeed quote myself. But nevermind.

Without having clarified. But nevermind.

• 2 weeks later...

Blacks 21x More Likely to Die by Cops

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/10/10/blacks-21-times-more-likely-shot-by-police.html

A ProPublica analysis of federal data on deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 shows that young black males are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than their white counterparts. Blacks aged 15 to 19 were killed by police at a rate of 31.17 per million, while only 1.47 per million white males of the same age died the same way. In order for whites to have been at equal risk over those three years, 185 more—that’s more than one per week—would have had to have been killed. Seventy-seven percent of the shootings occured when circumstances were listed as “undetermined.”

• Like 1

More white criminals than blacks out here and thats a fact, black people are a minority, they don't have the numbers to make a serious dent there.

And the leaders of organised crime are...? Exactly.

Its cos wos black, innit? Yous impede my 'uman rights.

The 'impede' ruins it :lol:

• Like 1

Does it also state anything about how blacks are often criminals and gang members? If I was a cop I'd be more hesitant to shoot a white boy-scout that I felt threatened by than a black Crips member that behaved aggressive. Not being racist here, just realistic.

Of course not, that would impugn their agenda. Some people like to pull shit out of their ass when discussing crime statistics, but the facts are often quite different from their made up numbers.

Real Facts: Blacks made up about 28% of the population in the US, but they commit

• 49% of murders
  • 55% of robberies
  • 34% of aggravated assaults
  • 33% of rapes
  • 39% of arson w/ violence
  • 43% of prostitution
  • 67% of gambling

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

inb4hesracist

• Like 1

Does it also state anything about how blacks are often criminals and gang members? If I was a cop I'd be more hesitant to shoot a white boy-scout that I felt threatened by than a black Crips member that behaved aggressive. Not being racist here, just realistic.

Of course not, that would impugn their agenda. Some people like to pull shit out of their ass when discussing crime statistics, but the facts are often quite different from their made up numbers.

Real Facts: Blacks made up about 28% of the population in the US, but they commit

• 49% of murders
  • 55% of robberies
  • 34% of aggravated assaults
  • 33% of rapes
  • 39% of arson w/ violence
  • 43% of prostitution
  • 67% of gambling

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

inb4hesracist

Oh look, the FBI compiling statistics regarding the black community, oh well thats nice of them, cuz as well all know American enforcement agencies have been the one constant beacon of support for the black community in America since the first boatload came to shore :lol:

You only just let em shit on the same toilets as you 50 years ago, y'know what that means? They became humans to yous all about 50 years ago, perhaps they got catching up to do.

• Like 2

What you're suggesting then is that blacks commit crimes at a rate 21 times higher than whites. No where have I seen such statistics that would somehow justify the rate of death of black people by the hands of authorities.

Oh look, someone that can't refute the facts just pulls more shit out of his ass... typical.

Some people should worry about their own problems before maligning others:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4273414.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/1702799.stm

Are you seriously trying to make a case for the state of England today as some kind of equivalent to what went on in America, really?!? :lol: Don't embarass yourself :lol:

And quite apart from that, how England being racist somehow absolve or solve what goes on in America?

Edited by Lennie Godber

What you're suggesting then is that blacks commit crimes at a rate 21 times higher than whites. No where have I seen such statistics that would somehow justify the rate of death of black people by the hands of authorities.

It doesn't really matter if the rate is 21 times higher or if it's 3 times higher. If it's 3 times higher the police will be more on their guard and it is natural that the numbers may increase for that very reason

Look, reality is that statistically at least one police officer is killed in duty every week in America. Reality is also that you live in a country where a lot of people walk around with guns and knives, especially gang members (who coincidentally happen to be black or Hispanic most of the time). If they make the wrong call they might die themselves.

It is always bad when someone who is innocent is killed, especially by someone who is there "to serve and protect" them. But I think, just like the quote I posted earlier stated, we must have respect for the danger that policemen face every day and also have understanding for that most of the time they do make the right call. I'm sorry, but I rather see a thug killed by mistake than that a police is killed because he's afraid to protect himself because people don't respect their situation.

• Like 1

None the less.. regardless of race issues at teh core of this is the one fact: We are at civil war and yes we are moving into a police state more and more each day. Men practice law reluctanly ..thats a given. Some communities refuse to police themselves and thus its a problem for the general society. Poverty is what it is ..be it financial, educational or societal . Justice is seldom ever served . In this case its just more gasoline on a raging fire. Its a catalyst for further civil unrest.

More white criminals than blacks out here and thats a fact, black people are a minority, they don't have the numbers to make a serious dent there.

Yous buster, homes. This gangsta had an Uni education.

Yous buster, homes. This gangsta had an Uni education.

That embarassing moment when your geography teachers tries to act like a lad :lol:

You've gone from Windrush generation to black American to Mexican American in like, 3 sentences :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

Statistics are only useful when they help your argument ;)

Statistics are only useful when they help your argument ;)

Not at all. Contradictory statistics only shed light on complex issues. This issue doesn't have two sides, it only has one side: black Americans (particularly men) are killed by police officers at a far greater rate than whites. Unless you can provide a statistic that documents black people committing crimes at 21 times the rate of whites (either on an aggregate or proportional basis), then your suggestion on statistics is moot.

I find it interesting that some of the responses to the article I posted run the gambit from meh to a rationalization of the problem.

Hey Downzy,

Did ya know only 46% of those killed by white officers were black?

And guess what percentage of those killed by black officers were black? 78%

Bet ya hadn't mentioned that little disparity, did ya?

<_<

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/racial-disparity-police-killings_n_5965706.html

But the issue is institutional racism, not racism on a personal level. Whether they are killed by a black or a white person is irrelevant. I'm fairly certain those killed by police force could care less what colour the skin colour of those who fired the bullet.

BTW, where have you been? You've been missed in the MLB thread.

Hey Downzy,

<_<

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/racial-disparity-police-killings_n_5965706.html

Whether they are killed by a black or a white person is irrelevant.

Bull fucking shit it's irrelevant. You see no such outrage unless there's a race war to start. Fuck, Zimmerman was Mexican but be was white in the media.

Hey Downzy,

<_<

Whether they are killed by a black or a white person is irrelevant.

Bull fucking shit it's irrelevant. You see no such outrage unless there's a race war to start. Fuck, Zimmerman was Mexican but be was white in the media.

The issue isn't racial bias on a personal level, but racism that is inherent within a given power structure. I would be very weary of labelling each and every officer who shoots an African-American as a racist. But on the issue of systemic racism, whereby one race suffers far more police brutality and death than any other race, there really isn't a debate. When 21 times the number of black people are getting killed by cops versus white people (and the crime stats do not validate or justify this injustice), then we are talking about a race problem from a structural perspective.

Linguini is making the assertion that the racism isn't at play because many of the black men who are fatally shot were shot by black police officers. To me, that's like saying the slave system wasn't racist because many free black people in the South owned slaves as well. It's bullshit.