Policing Thread

magisme

What do witnesses say happened?

Dorin Johnson, a friend of Brown’s, told Fox 2 that he and Brown were walking in the street when the police car pulled up. The officer said to "get the eff onto the sidewalk," he recounted. Johnson said the officer reached out of the car window and grabbed Brown around the neck.

Another witness, Piaget Crenshaw, said she saw police chase Brown. “He ran for his life,” she said. “They shot him and he fell. He put his arms up to let them know that he was compliant and he was unarmed, and they shot him twice more and he fell to the ground and died."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-michael-brown-ferguson-missouri-shooting-20140811-story.html

Protests going on, destruction of property, police using tear gas on crowds, FAA closing low air space around neighborhood....

sounds pretty shady to me, especially with one of the witnesses who had no relation to the victim and the victims friend saying he put his hands up. i hope a real investigation happens, instead of this being swept under the rug. i just dont understand smashing and looting your own neighberhoods though.

All the while, this cop is on paid leave. Out of vacation time? Shoot a kid. The department will defend you tooth and nail and you get paid to stay home. When I was fighting my wrongful arrest and abuse from the police force here (I won) the 2 cops involved were being pqid overtime to testify (lie their asses off).

Following the shooting of an unarmed, black 18-year-old outside of St. Louis, law-enforcement offers have faced civilians in gear designed for war.

26d85a559.png

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/08/ferguson-police-face-civil-rights-protest-dressed-for-military-combat/375962/

Why are they in combats?

I am the last person that should be defending the police right now. (Don't ask). That being said, they were probably in their standard riot gear, expecting some sort of riot. Nothing unusual there, imo. (In terms of why they were wearing "combat gear"). As for their actions, that is 100% on them.

Edited by Kasanova King

Following the shooting of an unarmed, black 18-year-old outside of St. Louis, law-enforcement offers have faced civilians in gear designed for war.

26d85a559.png

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/08/ferguson-police-face-civil-rights-protest-dressed-for-military-combat/375962/

Why are they in combats?

I am the last person that should be defending the police right now. (Don't ask). That being said, they were probably in their standard riot gear, expecting some sort of riot. Nothing unusual there, imo. (In terms of why they were wearing "combat gear"). As for their actions, that is 100% on them.

yeah plus people are rioting burning down buildings while looting with guns, it seems kind of standard protocol.

Edited by bran

26d85a559.png

Why are they in combats?

yeah plus people are rioting burning down buildings while looting with guns, it seems kind of standard protocol.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not but....if you were a cop, you would want that sort of protection too, no?

thats what im saying. if i was a cop and had to face looters with guns i would want some better gear too, so it seems kind of standard to bring in police with better equipment.

I agree. The irony is that I should be the last person standing up for cops right now. Unfortunately (lol), I'm human ( I have common sense) and I realize what is right is right. ;)

thats what im saying. if i was a cop and had to face looters with guns i would want some better gear too, so it seems kind of standard to bring in police with better equipment.

I agree. The irony is that I should be the last person standing up for cops right now. Unfortunately (lol), I'm human ( I have common sense) and I realize what is right is right. ;)

im not a fan of cops at this point either :lol:

• Like 1

26d85a559.pnghttp://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/08/ferguson-police-face-civil-rights-protest-dressed-for-military-combat/375962/

Why are they in combats?

I think you misunderstood me, KK. My fault, I should have been clearer.

By 'combats' I meant camouflage. I know police will wear body-armour and helmets for riots but that lot in that photo don't look like police they look like they're off to war.

Evidently the local Police (the force which employed whoever shot Mike Brown) have been going so nuts with excessive force in the face of the protests, they have be relieved of duty. An entire police department has been relieved of duty by the governor. That shit is crazy.

FBI is investigating.

Evidently the local Police (the force which employed whoever shot Mike Brown) have been going so nuts with excessive force in the face of the protests, they have be relieved of duty. An entire police department has been relieved of duty by the governor. That shit is crazy.

FBI is investigating.

it is good the FBI is investigating. if they find something is up they will not be afraid to nail a police department or an officer to the wall if they are guilty of wrong doing.

• Like 1

I think you misunderstood me, KK. My fault, I should have been clearer.

By 'combats' I meant camouflage. I know police will wear body-armour and helmets for riots but that lot in that photo don't look like police they look like they're off to war.

I see what you're saying. Yeah, I guess the camo is a little extreme.

Well, I'm glad the rest of the country is appropriately freaked out by the military-like presence of this police department.

its not that some of us arent freaked out by the gear and the weapons. i think having these police show up at peaceful protests or pointing these guns at people walking down the street, while wearing this gear. is over the top and pretty scary, but at the same time it was pretty much inevitable when you have people burning down people's businesses.

this type of stuff was used in boston when they were looking for the boston bomber, it was scary then but people criticized people for thinking it was over the top then and everybody celebrated their actions then.

Edited by bran

Well, I'm glad the rest of the country is appropriately freaked out by the military-like presence of this police department.

its not that some of us arent freaked out by the gear and the weapons. i think having these police show up at peaceful protests or pointing these guns at people walking down the street, while wearing this gear. is over the top and pretty scary, but at the same time it was pretty much inevitable when you have people burning down people's businesses.

this type of stuff was used in boston when they were looking for the boston bomber, it was scary then but people criticized people for thinking it was over the top then and everybody celebrated their actions then.

Not inevitable at all, though. Lots of articles floating around the past couple days about the militarization of police forces since 9/11. The Atlantic, The New Yorker, Wired, Washington Post. Y'all should check them out. Maybe people are starting to realize how far off course we've gone with this shit.

Not inevitable at all, though. Lots of articles floating around the past couple days about the militarization of police forces since 9/11. The Atlantic, The New Yorker, Wired, Washington Post. Y'all should check them out. Maybe people are starting to realize how far off course we've gone with this shit.

i think soldiers shooting tear gas into peaceful protests and firing rubber bullets is nuts. then they fired tear gas into a group of reporters and then the whole mcdonalds thing was crazy as well. i have no great for love for cops and i feel they have been overly trigger happy and over the top with how they act. (i accidentally killed the handcuffed kid because i thought my gun was a taser :jerkoff: ) i just want to see what the fbi investigation finds on this. i just think it was eventually going to happen when the burning and looting started, but how they have acted is crazy.

• Like 2

this new information is interesting to say the least. the cop didnt just profile this person and stop him for no reason, the cop was responding to a robbery call.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/darren-wilson-identified-killed-18-year-old-michael-brown-article-1.1904539

michael-brown-surveilance-pics1*304xx375

it does kind of show the mindset michael brown may have been in 10 minutes before the shooting.