Notorious cunt Gene Simmons on people with depression: "just kill yourself"

Towelie

Gene Simmons of KISS has some heated words for drug addicts and people dealing with depression in a new interview with Songfacts.com.

When asked if he keeps in touch with the original players of KISS he answered with a resounding no.

Whys that? Simple: theyre either drug addicts or just downers.

I dont get along with anybody whos a drug addict and has a dark cloud over their head and sees themselves as a victim, Simmons said. Drug addicts and alcoholics are always: The world is a harsh place. My mother was in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. I dont want to hear fk all about the world as a harsh place. She gets up every day, smells the roses and loves life.

And for a putz, 20-year-old kid to say, Im depressed, I live in Seattle. Fk you, then kill yourself.

He added: I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. Im the guy who says Jump! when theres a guy on top of a building who says, Thats it, I cant take it anymore, Im going to jump. Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the fk up, have some dignity and jump! Youve got the crowd.

Edited by Towelie

Just like his take on being proud of being part of the 1% financial elite. It's not really his fault, it's just his opinion.

But to air his opinion in this way is just promo for his Asshole Persona. That's what's important, he has no knowledge to offer on anything else. They are kind of subjective topics, proud or ashamed, compassion or condescension, what's the difference?

He seems to be directing this at Nirvana esque arnold types. I suspect it is unfortunate timing with what happened to Williams. He is entitled to his opinion but, yes, he is a cunt.

Yeah, was thinking the same thing: it does seem like he was using Kurt as an example. What a cunt!

His opinion on suicide and depression is conflated with his opinion on the type of music that emanated from Seattle in the early '90s (conveniently ignoring Kiss‘s own flirtation with ‘90s rock on the Carnival of Souls album). I know this because I have read many Gene interviews of a similar tone to that in which he lambasted bands who earned millions of dollars and wrote lyrics moaning about life and contemplating suicide. And yes, Kurt is very much the figure he has in mind. Gene also has little time for addicts - as does Nugent.

I remember one interview where he said, paraphrasing, ‘’Kiss, unlike the moaning grunge bands, is very grateful for your (the fan base’s) money and we enjoy spending it’’.

As with all things Gene, money is never far away!

I doubt anyone kills themselves to make a fashion statement.

It's true there are bands that sell depressing music about how messed up they are. Some people take solace I guess. Who writes about being happy though, that would be almost arrogant.

Back to hating on Gene though, he seems very depressed himself.

I doubt anyone kills themselves to make a fashion statement.

It's true there are bands that sell depressing music about how messed up they are. Some people take solace I guess. Who writes about being happy though, that would be almost arrogant.

Back to hating on Gene though, he seems very depressed himself.

He just makes sweeping statements and generalizes entire groups of people to fit his bullshit agenda. He's a sweeping statement himself. I think he wants the public to remember he's still around. The world would have been so fuckin' boring without cunts like Gene and also they serve the purpose of how not to act imo. Like cunts.

Gene has one addiction. Money. He is addicted to the pursuit of wealth so that it occupies his whole life and shapes the way he sees the world, it so happening that people who are not addicted to money like him are 'losers'. If you have this in your mind, it explains a lot about his interview style. Gene is one of these people who, despite being very rich, would still, peel an orange in their pocket. I bet he has never bought a drink in his life.

Gene has one addiction. Money. He is addicted to the pursuit of wealth so that it occupies his whole life and shapes the way he sees the world, it so happening that people who are not addicted to money like him are 'losers'. If you have this in your mind, it explains a lot about his interview style. Gene is one of these people who, despite being very rich, would still, peel an orange in their pocket. I bet he has never bought a drink in his life.

Didn't Ace say Gene never partied? sure, he fucked a lot of chicks, but he never loosened up, not really, according to Ace.

Didn't Ace say Gene never partied? sure, he fucked a lot of chicks, but he never loosened up, not really, according to Ace.

He seems like a latent homosexual to me. Takes one to know one I guess.

He seems like a latent homosexual to me. Takes one to know one I guess.

I just want you to know: I accept you.