Axl and Steven Las Vegas 2006

JoGer99

Hey Marc,

You were at the Las Vegas gig in 2006.The same night you heard the Chinese Democracy demos.... Steven spoke to Axl for the first time in a decade .How did you experience their little "reunion" ? And why did they not stay in contact ?

I helped make that happen. I bumped into Steven roaming around in the crowd and got his phone number. Soon after that del had him removed because he was afraid Axl would get upset that Steven was there. Then they told Axl that Steven was there but that they asked him to leave. Axl was no you didn't have to do that, so then del asked me if I had his contact which I did so they were able to call him and get him back to the gig.

After the gig axl and Steven talked for hours and it seamed that they were cool now. The problem is at some point Steven started talking shit about the fact that Axl didn't want to do a reunion

• Like 3

I helped make that happen. I bumped into Steven roaming around in the crowd and got his phone number. Soon after that del had him removed because he was afraid Axl would get upset that Steven was there. Then they told Axl that Steven was there but that they asked him to leave. Axl was no you didn't have to do that, so then del asked me if I had his contact which I did so they were able to call him and get him back to the gig.

After the gig axl and Steven talked for hours and it seamed that they were cool now. The problem is at some point Steven started talking shit about the fact that Axl didn't want to do a reunion

Totally can't blame him for not wanting it if Steven started bashing him again. Wouldn't surprise me either because it's so fashionable to rip on Axl.

Thanks Marc really appreciate :) ,

In the time from 2001-2008 did Axl ever talk to you about Steven ? Did he say anything when Steven had his stroke in 1996 as far as you know ?

And do you know how he's doing at the moment ? He hasn't been seen in a long time ...

[...]Soon after that del had him removed because he was afraid Axl would get upset that Steven was there. [,,,]

thats such a typical stupid thing from Axl's camp, trying to protect him from anything with possible bad karma, boah!!!

In the time from 2001-2008 did Axl ever talk to you about Steven ? Did he say anything when Steven had his stroke in 1996 as far as you know ?

And do you know how he's doing at the moment ? He hasn't been seen in a long time ...

No Axl didn't talk to me about Steven between those times. I just texted Steven to let him know that an old common friends daughter is in town and staying with us but the reply was that I had the wrong number. It has been about a year since I last talked to him. So I don't know what is going on with him but I did see a photo on facebook where he was looking good. I think I have his wife's email. I will try to reach him.

• Like 1

In the chats I think he said he would be willing to be friends with Steven but never play with him because of his mother.

because of his mother?

Just looked it up, it was the Del James interview. Axl said "Steven brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother. One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath."

• Like 1

In the chats I think he said he would be willing to be friends with Steven but never play with him because of his mother.

because of his mother?

Just looked it up, it was the Del James interview. Axl said "Steven brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother. One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath."

I'd stay away from her too.

No Axl didn't talk to me about Steven between those times. I just texted Steven to let him know that an old common friends daughter is in town and staying with us but the reply was that I had the wrong number. It has been about a year since I last talked to him. So I don't know what is going on with him but I did see a photo on facebook where he was looking good. I think I have his wife's email. I will try to reach him.
Steven's wife posted one, he looks great, all smiles. I'm happy for him.
  • Like 1

I believe Axl mentioned in the chats that the reason things didn't "work out" with Steven was because only weeks later Steven spoke ill of Axl and the new GN'R in the press. I'm pretty sure it was in the chats he said it, but I'm not certain.

Axl should know Steven better than that , and not take him too seriously...i mean specially back in 2006 . Steven was all over the place , one day said one thing ..the next you couldnt even understand what he was saying .Really?was i the only one that thought in the past that Steven brain wasnt alive anymore ?i remenber feeling so sorry for him everytime a new comment from him came out on the press

Seems that nowdays he is better and enjoying his life..i hope is true

Edited by love&hates

Well, Steven still makes these comments. He did before the HOF when he called Axl and the band hacks and then the day after changed it to scabs after he'd apologized to Bumblefoot for it. Maybe he doesn't mean anything bad about it, but I can understand why it bothers Axl that he often says these kinds of anti Axl things in the press.

Well, Steven still makes these comments. He did before the HOF when he called Axl and the band hacks and then the day after changed it to scabs after he'd apologized to Bumblefoot for it. Maybe he doesn't mean anything bad about it, but I can understand why it bothers Axl that he often says these kinds of anti Axl things in the press.

I do understand Axl on this point , i guess it would bother me too . But theres some stuff that gets to a point that you just need to ignore because it is ridiculous. I love Steven , dunno why he has this special place in my heart cause in the end he still acts like a teenage boy all lost in life . I love him , but if i go look to much of his behavious i have to say it is just ridiculous many times , and have to ignore it . Axl can do the same, and i guess he does now, because i can imagine Axl meeting him at some bar or other public place and talk to him with no problems . Now work with him? yeah not seing that happening ..not even if god came down on earth

[...]Soon after that del had him removed because he was afraid Axl would get upset that Steven was there. [,,,]

thats such a typical stupid thing from Axl's camp, trying to protect him from anything with possible bad karma, boah!!!

Yep, I truly believe that he didn't know what was going on in those Canada shows that resulted in the misogynistic homophobic rant that he leveld at a former admin, here. </deadhorse>

• Like 1

Let's know the result as the last we heard anything from Steven was, the Adler tour was cancelled and he had re-entered rehab for an addiction to ‘Jägermeister.‘ This all followed on from a period of activity and - apparent sobriety - during which, there was the Hall of Fame, his book and the release of his album. We have literally heard nothing since the tour was cancelled. I hate to say it but if I had to guess, he is back on the junk - but I hope not.