Vote for GNR as the "band of the year 2014"

Voted :headbang:

Will we be able to see the result of the votes somewhere ?

If they win I would love to see Axl getting the award ...but I guess it will most probably DJ or somebody

Edited by JoGer99

Because they're our favorite band.

But doesn't that negate or cloud the real meaning of the voting?

No album and they barely toured - why would they be the band of the year?

GnR is my favorite band of all time - and there isn't a close second.

But I think a band has to at least release an album to be considered the band of the year.

The poll isn't "who is your favorite band".........it's "Band of the year." Big difference.

• Like 1

But I think a band has to at least release an album to be considered the band of the year.

The poll isn't "who is your favorite band".........it's "Band of the year." Big difference.

Fair point, maybe Queen was better than GNR this year. but i can't think of any other band in that category.

There was a better band than GNR for us in this year?

No new album but a nice BR/DVD and some touring.

yes! and because I saw the band live in Argentina this year :headbang:

This, GNR + DUFF was a power combo.

• Like 2

If I voted for this kind of stuff, I'd vote for NIN. Trent's comeback has been nothing but glorious, Robin is at the top of his game, Ilan Rubin is one of the most amazing young musicians out there, and Alessandro Cortini is a sexy mofo. Hesitation Marks is great, they've been touring the world promoting it, and while on tour, Trent has been working in his third soundtrack for a movie. He'll use an orchestra this time! Now tell me, why would I vote for GNR?

You don't think other people vote for their favorite band simply because they're their favorites in these kinda polls? They do.

Besides no where is it stated that a band has to fulfill a certain amount of criterias in order to be voted for. People are free to vote for whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

That said, I voted for GN'R because they're the only band in the category that I like. They did release a dvd/blu ray this year, so while it's not an album it's still a release. That's reason enough for me to vote for them instead of for instance Metallica who I've always thought to be a horrible band.

Voted for GN'R, best of the options there IMO, I mean 2013 was really Sabbath's big year. It was incredible seeing footage of Duff back in the band, can only imagine how it was to be there. Personally though my act of the year is Robert Plant and his current band, guy is doing some of the best shows of his career and it's great to see him back playing loud rock music. His backing band are incredible and it looks like his new record will be great. Axl could learn a lot from that guy...

Alessandro Cortini is a sexy mofo.

Interesting bit of info about Alessandro unrelated to NIN, but kind of comes back around to GNR. Back around 2001 (2000 until the band broke up in 2002 to be specific according to wiki) he was a touring rhythm guitarist for The Mayfield Four. And MF4 is? That would be Myles Kennedy's band prior to Alter Bridge in which he was lead vocalist, lead guitarist and songwriter. I think I heard that Myles went to a NIN show in the last year or so to see Alessandro.

Edited by uctalum01
  • Like 1

Alessandro Cortini is a sexy mofo.

Interesting bit of info about Alessandro unrelated to NIN, but kind of comes back around to GNR. Back around 2001 (2000 until the band broke up in 2002 to be specific according to wiki) he was a touring rhythm guitarist for The Mayfield Four. And MF4 is? That would be Myles Kennedy's band prior to Alter Bridge in which he was lead vocalist, lead guitarist and songwriter. I think I heard that Myles went to a NIN show in the last year or so to see Alessandro.

That's really cool. Weird combo, Myles and Alessandro.