Enjoy today!

Orsys

My big brother passed away at noon today. I'm stuck at a conference in Chicago which was fun until I got the call.

This morning, before I got the news, I was watching a keynote speaker, Erik Wahl, graffiti artist. I was so inspired by this guy - to live today, think outside the box and do what you love. He made me want to go home and pull my paints out and use the right side of my brain for a while.

Then I walked out of the presentation and got the call about my brother.

Life is a fleeting thing. Like he always said to me, if not now, when? So enjoy today!

My big brother died today and he was an amazing guy. He had a heart of gold and loved everyone. And I just want everyone to know that about him.

• Like 2

Glad you're able to see his passing as an impetus to make the most of the time that's been given to you, Orsys. Thoughts with you, I'm sure you're in the best frame of mind you can be, given the circumstances. Not many recently bereaved are fortunate enough to have such a sense of clarity...

• Like 1

Orsys, I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. I just can't imagine how difficult it must be to lose a sibling. My thoughts are with you. You are such a lovely person to start a thread about him leading out with, "Enjoy today!" What an honor to your brother and it says a lot about you as a person. I hope in the coming days you will find comfort and solace in your memories and love for him.

Edited by AdriftatSea
  • Like 1

Orsys, really sorry to hear about the sad news. You have a strong family and are one of the toughest women here, so I'm sure you'll manage. You'll be in my prayers.

I am going to take your advice and enjoy my day. I'm waiting on feedback from a job interview, where there's a 66% chance I won't get it. Once I get the news, I'll try my best to be thankful for the job I already have and do something fun anyway. :)

Much love. x

• Like 1

I'm so sorry for your loss, Orsys. I can't imagine what you're going through now, especially taking into account all that you've been through in the last 6-12 months. Your attitude is a testament to your strength of character. I think you're amazing. :)

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed myself over the last couple of months but your post has put a few things into perspective for me. There are some things in life genuinely worth worrying about and some things that are just pointless, we have to remind ourselves of that every day or we end up dragged down by meaningless shit. Or dragged down by assholes. One thing I know is that no one should steal your joy!

Love to you Orsys, you're such a babe. :) xo

• Like 1

I am really sorry to hear that Orsys. My thoughts are with you and you family. It must be so devestating to lose a sibling and ofcourse a son. How is your mother handling this?

Take good care of her and don't forget yourself.

X

Thank you everyone. It helps.

i'm really sorry to hear that. my thoughts are with you.

if you would like to take your frustrations out, my penis is available.

Are you saying I can kick you in the balls? That might help a little. Thanks.

I am really sorry to hear that Orsys. My thoughts are with you and you family. It must be so devestating to lose a sibling and ofcourse a son. How is your mother handling this?

Take good care of her and don't forget yourself.

X

It has hit Mom hard. You're not supposed to bury your children. I'm flying back home today and will go stay with her while we figure if/when there will be a memorial.

Orsys, in times like this i say theres nothing a person can say that will ease the pain ... i used to say that and i confirmed it when i lost my grandmother last year. People kept saying " you need to be strong now , she would want you to try and be happy"...."shes up there in the sky with god watching over you". I tried to listen and respect their words , because they were only trying to help but my mind was going "that is all very pretty and all , but doesnt bring her back" .

Time does help , i miss her everyday but now i got to a place where im trying to live the best i can ...when i get a bit down i try to remenber what my grandmother would want for me . Be happy , enjoy life . So yes , thats a lesson im also trying to learn...not sure im quite there yet , but im trying.

I wish you keep on being strong , and im sorry for your lost , if i could i would hug you ...a hug is better than words at times like these

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. It helps.

i'm really sorry to hear that. my thoughts are with you.

if you would like to take your frustrations out, my penis is available.

Are you saying I can kick you in the balls? That might help a little. Thanks.

that is actually exactly what i'm saying. my balls are here to service you. They're willing. And blue.

if it wasn't obvious, we all love you. but especially me. I would do anything for you. please see the dead flower thread. same goes.

xoxoxo^a lot < math humour, lol.

Edited by Jackie Moon