Fleetwood Mac

dalsh327

(also including the solo stuff)
As posted in the You Tube comments: "very good guitarist:? he's playing WITHOUT A PICK! it takes a band 30 years to get a performance this great, she hates him, he hates her , they're on more coke than the entire output of bolivia that year and its so dark and genius like a slam poetry competition with vey hugh stakes i live for this performance - Courtney Love

Edited by dalsh327
  • Like 2

big fan of fleetwood mac, as for manalishi, i like both the original and the priest version, i would give the slight nod to the priest version. i reality its like 2 different songs so it is fine IMO.

I appreciate your restraint. I've anticipated a harsh Bran reaction. :D

• Like 1

Fuck Nicks and Buckingham, they changed a great blues guitar band into a pop rock outfit. Obviously, had PG and DK not gone and done that bad acid maybe things would have been different. I don't know, you can't really blame Nicks and Buckingham, but it's such a shame what happened to that band in the early 70's. Pretty similar to the GNR situation, all of the original/early era members leave minus the guy with the name in the band name, the style changes drastically, and the band goes on. Difference here is FM is better known for it's second lineup rather than first; though that's sort of Deep Purplish. Weird tangent I went on here.

I like PG, JS, DK FM.

Fuck Nicks and Buckingham, they changed a great blues guitar band into a pop rock outfit. Obviously, had PG and DK not gone and done that bad acid maybe things would have been different. I don't know, you can't really blame Nicks and Buckingham, but it's such a shame what happened to that band in the early 70's. Pretty similar to the GNR situation, all of the original/early era members leave minus the guy with the name in the band name, the style changes drastically, and the band goes on. Difference here is FM is better known for it's second lineup rather than first; though that's sort of Deep Purplish. Weird tangent I went on here.

I like PG, JS, DK FM.

I think both incarnations are amazing. Green and Buckingham were visionaries, with totally different visions. Both were great. I prefer Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, but what Buckingham achieved with the band was brilliant too. I ain't mad. Nicks wrote a lot of cool songs, and injected her passion into the music in a very direct and honest way. She also gave the band a new image that worked wonders for what they've tried to do. I respect that, even if I will always consider Green and the groundwork he laid to be the core of what the band was always truly about.

Edited by Rovim

I like PG, JS, DK FM.

I think both incarnations are amazing. Green and Buckingham were visionaries, with totally different visions. Both were great. I prefer Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, but what Buckingham achieved with the band was brilliant too. I ain't mad. Nicks wrote a lot of cool songs, and injected her passion into the music in a very direct and honest way. She also gave the band a new image that worked wonders for what they've tried to do. I respect that, even if I will always consider Green and the groundwork he laid to be the core of what the band was always truly about.

Well said, and when I'm not huffing and puffing about Nicks, and Buckingham, I generally agree with what you said. I do like some of the Nicks/Buckingham songs, and I always liked McVie.

what about that brief period between the Green era and the Buckingham/Nicks era?

what about that brief period between the Green era and the Buckingham/Nicks era?

Kiln House and Future Games are really good, and Bare Trees is great imo. Those 3 are worth a listen. Cool songs live in these albums.

Yup.