GnR's Final Bang - Reunion or New Music

AppetiteForGnR

The way I see it:

Reunion will never happen.

New music will be released sooner or later.

Expect a shitload of touring to take place. It's where the money's at, and Axl will be 60 in a few years. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll release CD ll in 2 or 3 years, and then attempt to tour behind it while he still can.

Unfortunately realistic.

Sad to remeber that Mick Jagger has past 70 and is kicking some ass.

Yeah if I could ask Axl anything it would be "Why did you fight so hard for the GNR name?"

Integrity. DJ, Beta, Fernando, Vegas, Brazil, Budweiser.

You know, integrity.

To sit his big and fat butt over it.

I'm going with the positives some band members including Axl have said about there being music, "the second half of CD" and the remix album, that is already done.

I think there's still a few more years of touring left. Axl will want to get that material out but hard to say what format that will be in and when obviously. I doubt Axl would have set himself up for such a situation saying he has material etc. if he didn't know he could get it out. I guess he could come out and say they blocked me and go into "hiding" but actually that seems to go against the grain of the fun they seem to be having and all the good shit happening, what kind of label would be blocking anything at this point.

Axl is in pole position, endorsed by Ghost Rider at the Lifetime Achievement award, No. 1 Blu ray, Dj "Livin' the Dream" Ashba and a fully loaded band ready for the next record. It feels like we are on the cusp of greatness once again.

I'm going with the positives some band members including Axl have said about there being music, "the second half of CD" and the remix album, that is already done.

I think there's still a few more years of touring left. Axl will want to get that material out but hard to say what format that will be in and when obviously. I doubt Axl would have set himself up for such a situation saying he has material etc. if he didn't know he could get it out. I guess he could come out and say they blocked me and go into "hiding" but actually that seems to go against the grain of the fun they seem to be having and all the good shit happening, what kind of label would be blocking anything at this point.

Axl is in pole position, endorsed by Ghost Rider at the Lifetime Achievement award, No. 1 Blu ray, Dj "Livin' the Dream" Ashba and a fully loaded band ready for the next record. It feels like we are on the cusp of greatness once again.

Yeah, We'll get the second half of CD, we'll probably get the remix thingy, and a bunch of touring with epic performances of CD ll. Hey, maybe we'll even get a sparkly Axl/Dj/Fortus album (hopefully with Bumble too) on it with Nikki Sixx guesting on a track, that will be the hit single, but that's me just dreamin'.

Things ain't so bad. At least it feels like Axl will make his move soon.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, We'll get the second half of CD, we'll probably get the remix thingy, and a bunch of touring with epic performances of CD ll. Hey, maybe we'll even get a sparkly Axl/Dj/Fortus album (hopefully with Bumble too) on it with a Nikki Sixx guesting on a track, that will be the hit single, but that's me just dreamin'.

Didn't Axl once say that he had to make a lot of compromises for AFD? Or UYI?

Anyways, it seems the less compromises he had to make the worse the album got.

AFD>UYI>TSI>CD

• Like 1

But to answer your first question. Yes, Axl can win. Put out music more often than once every 20 years. Communicate occasionally with fans. Change up the set-list a bit during tours. And do a couple interviews a year. That's all he has to do to "win." Pretty simple stuff.

To be fair, he did communicate occasionally, he did change the set-list a bit, he did a couple of interviews. The only thing he didn't do was release new music and fans have every right to be disappointed. But the fact remains, even when he does something positive it is overlooked more often than not, even by his own fans.

Just ignore it then. Look, Axl is about to release a trilogy.

Guess he missed the one coming in 2012 then

Shhhh. Remember, Axl called us all idiots for calling him Uncle Axl and believing that the London 2002 speech about albums two and three meant that we'd definitely have a second record by 2014!

I think it goes without saying that ANYONE who calls him :Uncle Axl" is an idiot.

Yeah, We'll get the second half of CD, we'll probably get the remix thingy, and a bunch of touring with epic performances of CD ll. Hey, maybe we'll even get a sparkly Axl/Dj/Fortus album (hopefully with Bumble too) on it with a Nikki Sixx guesting on a track, that will be the hit single, but that's me just dreamin'.

Didn't Axl once say that he had to make a lot of compromises for AFD? Or UYI?

Anyways, it seems the less compromises he had to make the worse the album got.

AFD>UYI>TSI>CD

I think the two records Axl was involved in most are the best, and that's AFD and CD. When he was involved in the full collaboration on all the songs. I think he was involved with 3 or 4 on Spaghetti incident and UYI he was often sent finished tracks to sing on. But that doesn't mean you have to like the best records. They could be in a style you don't like rendering it pointless. I like UYI more than AFD, it's scattershot and patchy but some of the stuff they got down is great, no other band could get the ferocity of RNDTH but it's not really a classic song really. Then you've got Axls excesses, extended songs like Breakdown and all the low talking and quotes. Each UYI is like 3 solo albums, almost contradictory at times. But kind of grandiose and awesome.

AFD and CD are kind of beautifully formed, different style styles, but focused and high quality. So those would be my picks, anyone can pick them up and get what's going on. UYI has great rock singles and a bunch of indulgences which work out song for song but overall you're left wondering what the fuck is going on here?

Edited by wasted

Shhhh. Remember, Axl called us all idiots for calling him Uncle Axl and believing that the London 2002 speech about albums two and three meant that we'd definitely have a second record by 2014!

I think it goes without saying that ANYONE who calls him :Uncle Axl" is an idiot.

No, definitely not. He called himself Uncle Axl on two occasions, both in the context of being self deprecating whilst talking about changing the public's perception of him from douche to alright guy. Why shouldn't fans use it in the same context now given how spectacularly he's failed since 01/02?

HE fucking said it. Then he calls real fans idiots for adopting it. Fuck that.

No, definitely not. He called himself Uncle Axl on two occasions, both in the context of being self deprecating whilst talking about changing the public's perception of him from douche to alright guy. Why shouldn't fans use it in the same context now given how spectacularly he's failed since 01/02?

Is that REALLY something to be upset about? Think about it.

Is that REALLY something to be upset about? Think about it.

My issue was with you, not something Axl said in the chats 6 years ago.

He was just saying anyone quoting Axl lines is a loser. Not like a serial killer loser but you know a bit of a nerd. I guess we sometimes show our love for the band by referencing obscure things no one else in the world knows about. Nevermind.

Reunion will never happen. New music will never happen.

Ya'll are fuuuuucked.

That's probably correct

A reunion will never ever happen, stop living in the past n wake up

A new album will not happen, Axl can't be arsed by looks of it

Get used to it cos GNR are a touring band that's all

Ya'll are fuuuuucked.

Hardly. In a few years, if you're still around here (in this forum and I hope so) you'll be eating your words about new music never being released) Not fucked at all. The only ones who are fucked are the people who still believe there is still a chance of a reunion, or those that didn't like Chinese or not fans of new Guns.

Axl is just late as usual, but he will deliver the second half of Chinese imo, just like he delivered Chinese.

Ya'll are fuuuuucked.

That's probably correct

A reunion will never ever happen, stop living in the past n wake up

A new album will not happen, Axl can't be arsed by looks of it

Get used to it cos GNR are a touring band that's all

New music will happen. It's just a matter of time. 2 or 3 years is my guess.

Edited by Rovim

There's no indication new music will ever be released again. Maybe after Axl's death. This supposed album doesn't even have a name. lol. It's just as impossible as a reunion.

The after Axl's death thing is retarded. And there is an indication new music will be released again. Axl said this year he would love to release more music, and more recently expressed his interest, serious interest to look into releasing more music. He talked about what is finished, mentioned there are 2 albums, one of them is a remix of Chinese ready to go. That is at least an indication more music will see the light of day.

And you don't know it doesn't have a name. More likely, it does, and it just that Axl is not telling. Your last comment about it being as impossible as a reunion is absurd.

Edited by Rovim

A reunion will probably never happen. A new album will probably never be released. Don't know what's so absurd about my opinion.

Axl says a lot of things. He gives no reason to believe in anything he says after countless fuckups, excuses, etc... He's unpredictable, he could announce the release of CD2 tomorrow or simply disappear for 10 or 20 more years, or forever. Guess which one is more likely?

We'll never agree on this but I hope you're right. CD is awful but I'm curious about the other songs. Things is, reality doesn't allow me to have 0,00001% hope about anything exciting related to GNR. If something cool indeed happens, I promise I'll be more positive and optimistic.

A reunion will probably never happen. A new album will probably never be released. Don't know what's so absurd about my opinion.

Axl says a lot of things. He gives no reason to believe in anything he says after countless fuckups, excuses, etc... He's unpredictable, he could announce the release of CD2 tomorrow or simply disappear for 10 or 20 more years, or forever. Guess which one is more likely?

We'll never agree on this but I hope you're right. CD is awful but I'm curious about the other songs. Things is, reality doesn't allow me to have 0,00001% hope about anything exciting related to GNR. If something cool indeed happens, I promise I'll be more positive and optimistic.

"Why should you believe me, when I've always got so many things to say?"

I think Axl won't release just half of the work. Half of Chinese, as he said he always viewed it as a double. Coupled with his latest comments about new music, I believe he'll release at least the second half of Chinese. Beyond that, I'm not optimistic.

• Like 1

The only ones who are fucked are the people who still believe there is still a chance of a reunion, or those that didn't like Chinese or not fans of new Guns.

So if you did not like Chinese Democracy, you are 'fucked'? That is most of the world haha.

Most of the world isn't fucked, cause most of the world doesn't give a fuck about Chinese or new Guns, or even knows Gn'R is still "alive". Most of the world had more then 20 years to get over the death of old Guns. Ha...ha...ha.

Edited by Rovim

Well restricting ourselves to Guns N' Roses fan fora, do you honestly believe the people who dislike Chinese are 'fucked'? They are entitled to their opinion.

Wut. No. I just mean they probably won't get what they want cause Axl said CD ll will be similar stylistically to Chinese. I was just using the term Nosaj used cause I was replying to his post.

Edited by Rovim