GN'R Related ALS Challenges

I've seen a lot of these recently. How does it raise money for charity or is it an awareness thing?

Kind of both. If challenged, a person has 24 hours to post a video of them doing it and challenging other people, or they're supposed to donate something like $100 to the ALS Association. Most people end up doing both the challenge and passing it along to other people for the awareness part, as well as making a donation. According to http://www.alsa.org/, "As of Monday, August 18, The ALS Association has received $15.6 million in donations compared to $1.8 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 18). These donations have come from existing donors and 307,598 new donors to The Association." So, it's been a widely successful campaign in terms of both raising money and attracting new donors.

• Like 1

Hope all the people dumping water on themselves are also donating!!!
These millionaire celebs could donate a lot more money than saps like us who are just making a living.

Think about this

I make 50,000 a year. Let's say I donate $100.

What is the ratio for guys richer than I am?

$100 to me is like:

$10 to a guy making $500,000

$1 to a guy making 5 million a year.

A quarter to a guy making 20 million dollars a year.

So all these celebs wanting us normal folk to donate need to empty out their own pockets first.

Again - financially speaking, me donating $100 has the same effect on my financial situation as Jay Z or Beonce or Justin Bieber or Tom Cruise donating a QUARTER.

Hopefully those guys are donating more than a hundred dollar bill

• Like 1

These millionaire celebs could donate a lot more money than saps like us who are just making a living.

Think about this

$100 to me is like:

So all these celebs wanting us normal folk to donate need to empty out their own pockets first.

Again - financially speaking, me donating $100 has the same effect on my financial situation as Jay Z or Beonce or Justin Bieber or Tom Cruise donating a QUARTER.

Per Ronalo9:

According to http://www.alsa.org/, "As of Monday, August 18, The ALS Association has received $15.6 million in donations compared to $1.8 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 18). These donations have come from existing donors and 307,598 new donors to The Association."

Seems like the campaign is working wonders.

Think about this

$100 to me is like:

Per Ronalo9:

According to http://www.alsa.org/, "As of Monday, August 18, The ALS Association has received $15.6 million in donations compared to $1.8 million during the same time period last year (July 29 to August 18). These donations have come from existing donors and 307,598 new donors to The Association."

Seems like the campaign is working wonders.

That's about the 8th time I've seen that post on this forum!

Again, would be curious how much of that increase is based on celeb donations compared to guys like you and I.

If the surge in donations is purely based on new members - that's $50 per new member.

I'd hope all the multi-millionaire celebs/athletes are pitching in more than 50 bucks apiece. $50 for Tom Cruise is like a nickel for you.

Of course he did. He's a really good person.

Ron did it!

Out of likes, Bumble is the best. Modest, kind, generous, and genuine. And thank you Gunsguy for doing this and creating this thread. This is a really good thing. A lot of people are going to benefit from this.

• Like 2