Your favorite stand alone GNR track?

It's a hard choice but Estranged or TWAT.

There Was A Time is inspired by Estranged. Jackie Moon said something about how Bucket's outro is also inspired by Slash's Estranged guitar melodies.

Kinda neat.

Pearl Harbor was a movie based loosely on Titanic. CD was a case of bootleg AK-47s, that's the genius of it.

"White lines baby tattoos, I don't know what they mean"

There Was A Time is inspired by Estranged. Jackie Moon said something about how Bucket's outro is also inspired by Slash's Estranged guitar melodies.

Kinda neat.

Pearl Harbor was a movie based loosely on Titanic. CD was a case of bootleg AK-47s, that's the genius of it.

That's nice, but do you hear it as well? the Estranged thing in There Was A Time? just talking about guitars, not the obvious Axl vocals shout out.

Bucket was actually a brilliant choice for Guns imo: his tone, melodic centered approach, his ability to slow his ass down sometimes, and even his shredtastic capabilities were right for what Axl was trying to do musically. Coupled with Robin's sound and note choices, you get 2 sides of Slash: the lyrical side (Bucket's Sorry solo, Robin's There Was A Time solo) and his more frantic side which Bucket uses even on slower (to him) solos like his Twat outro.

I think I'm ready for CD ll now.

Kinda neat.

I think its too soon. Axl should let the anticipation grow. It took a few years for the CD songs to percolate. Give it at least another year. Actually 2015 would be perfect- half the amount of time it took to get CD. Nobody can say he took too long then.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Kinda neat.

I think its too soon. Axl should let the anticipation grow. It took a few years for the CD songs to percolate. Give it at least another year. Actually 2015 would be perfect- half the amount of time it took to get CD. Nobody can say he took too long then.

To paraphrase a certain tennis player, ''you cannot be serious?''.

• Like 1

Kinda neat.

I really like the word "percolate". Thanks for using it.

Kinda neat.

That's nice, but do you hear it as well? the Estranged thing in There Was A Time? just talking about guitars, not the obvious Axl vocals shout out.

Bucket was actually a brilliant choice for Guns imo: his tone, melodic centered approach, his ability to slow his ass down sometimes, and even his shredtastic capabilities were right for what Axl was trying to do musically. Coupled with Robin's sound and note choices, you get 2 sides of Slash: the lyrical side (Bucket's Sorry solo, Robin's There Was A Time solo) and his more frantic side which Bucket uses even on slower (to him) solos like his Twat outro.

For me TWAT is Paradise City meets Estranged., that's why it's the go to epic on CD. You Can't Always Gimme Shelter ft. Axl Rose.

Bucket definitely does a great Slash impression. It's how I imagine Axl would have coached Slash. Like Slash but more robot.

Not sure what Robin is for. Maybe Bucket couldn't get that sloppy industrial blues style. Industrial Blues. Why isn't that a thing?

Kinda neat.

For me TWAT is Paradise City meets Estranged., that's why it's the go to epic on CD. You Can't Always Gimme Shelter ft. Axl Rose.

Bucket definitely does a great Slash impression. It's how I imagine Axl would have coached Slash. Like Slash but more robot.

Not sure what Robin is for. Maybe Bucket couldn't get that sloppy industrial blues style. Industrial Blues. Why isn't that a thing?

Maybe it's just a well kept secret. Robin's approach is different, Axl said how he thought the versatile nature you get from 3 guitar players was the right choice, so no matter how good you are (Bucket) you're still limited cause you only have your own musical ideas and approach.

Slash is very hard to replace cause he's a lot of different things as a guitar player: he's like 3 in 1. The super lyrical side of Robin is hard to come by. So his There Was A Time, Better, and I.R.S minimalistic approach is a big part of Chinese. Less is more kinda thing, but then again he can do This I Love type solos: maintaining a melodic direction for a very long period of time.

Again, Bucket can do all that and more, but his way. Together, they complete each other musically. At least when it comes to riffs and leads. Fortus even got to make a small, but crucial statement with his Better chorus riff. He is part of that Slash deconstructed trinity.

Edited by Rovim

The guys on CD don't seem to provide the sound and driving force of the record like Slash did on UYI. New Guns seems to be more percussion and piano oriented with the guitars as ornaments.

Robin is Chi dem, Better, TIL

Bucket is Shacklers, Sorry, If The World.

Robin seems more old skool GNR. It's like a Jungle, SCOM, Nov Rain suite.

Who plays the riffs on TWAT?

The guys on CD don't seem to provide the sound and driving force of the record like Slash did on UYI. New Guns seems to be more percussion and piano oriented with the guitars as ornaments.

Robin is Chi dem, Better, TIL

Bucket is Shacklers, Sorry, If The World.

Robin seems more old skool GNR. It's like a Jungle, SCOM, Nov Rain suite.

Who plays the riffs on TWAT?

Robin plays that fucked up in a good way riff on which Axl screams I would do anything for you.

This is a tough one. I have probably a dozen floating around in my head. I can't even pick one from each album.

I'll say "Better". It can be both rock out and spiritual. The solos, the build, the explosion of the guitar right before Axl sings "I never wanted you to be someone with anger....." Amazing infinitely repeatable song. "Epic".

Edited by majormayhem
  • Like 1

This is a tough one. I have probably a dozen floating around in my head. I can't even puck one from each album.

I'll say "Better". It can be both rock out and spiritual. The solos, the build, the explosion of the guitar right before Axl sings "I never wanted you to be someone with anger....." Amazing infinitely repeatable ong. "Epic".

Yeah, Axl's vocal melodies are killer, Robin's solo is lyrical as fuck, Bucket's bridge riff, how it all comes together near the end, all the melodies of the guitars, vocals, and backing vocals. Just great. Bucket is going insane in the back lol always loved that. It's the melting pot Axl always tried to achieve. Maybe more then any other song on Chinese, it represents what Axl was trying to do: marrying the old Guns sound with new influences.

• Like 1

This is a tough one. I have probably a dozen floating around in my head. I can't even puck one from each album.

I'll say "Better". It can be both rock out and spiritual. The solos, the build, the explosion of the guitar right before Axl sings "I never wanted you to be someone with anger....." Amazing infinitely repeatable ong. "Epic".

Yeah, Axl's vocal melodies are killer, Robin's solo is lyrical as fuck, Bucket's bridge riff, how it all comes together near the end, all the melodies of the guitars, vocals, and backing vocals. Just great. Bucket is going insane in the back lol always loved that. It's the melting pot Axl always tried to achieve. Maybe more then any other song on Chinese, it represents what Axl was trying to do: marrying the old Guns sound with new influences.

I saw them in Orlando in 2011. They played Better and it brought me to tears. I felt like a teenage girl at a MJ concert. "Axl!!! Axl!!" (Sobbing)

• Like 1

I saw them in Orlando in 2011. They played Better and it brought me to tears. I felt like a teenage girl at a MJ concert. "Axl!!! Axl!!" (Sobbing)

Saw them when they came here in 2012. They played Better and it almost brought me to tears. I, too, felt like a teenage girl at a Guns concert (and I'm a grown ass man) One of the best days of my life. OMG it was so exciting!

Edited by Rovim