What the hell is wrong with YOKO ONO?

st0n3r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZTzaQ-sSc

Is this something I don't get? Are there people on this forum who can explain me why anyone would listen to this crap? After finding this, I looked some things up on the internet and I found this:

Look right at 1min21 and 2min32. Why the fuck would she think making that... noise was a good idea? I wonder: are there any people who would call themselves a fan of this so called artist?

You know what's weird? She's praised for this shit. I'm really into experimental and avant-garde artists and some of them like her. Take a look at this:

This video just shows she's full of bollocks though. He plays a couple licks and then she simply mimics his stuff with enough BS in there to make you think it's avantgarde.

This thread needs Lenny. He'd have set you all straight. :(

She's only intolerable when taken out of context but that's unfortunately the reality of most contemporary art. Too much context is required and most viewers have neither the time nor the inclination to find it.

I think if you don't like something without taking the time to properly understand it, just leave it be and move on.

She's only intolerable when taken out of context but that's unfortunately the reality of most contemporary art. Too much context is required and most viewers have neither the time nor the inclination to find it.

I think if you don't like something without taking the time to properly understand it, just leave it be and move on.

Again watch the video with John Zorn. Sorry anyone can do that. And let's not even go into the Chuck Berry incident.

Come on, watch the Chuck Berry video. That was out of context and not because I didn't look for it.

Off topic: it's been a while since I posted here, but did Lenny go somewhere or so?

Yoko has always been weird. She's a musician/entertainer. Most of them are weird anyway.

Her son Sean seems as weird as she is. I guess he takes after her and not much of John. A shame because John Lennon was legend and a genius.

He was also a drug addict who beat his wife and was a terrible father. That's what you find is a "shame" that Sean didn't do?

Was he a great singer? Yes. Was he a great song writer? Yes. One of the best of all time in rock? Probably so.

But genius? LOL - no.

Thank God that John wasn't black though. Other wise his trouble-making and failure to take blame for anything would have no doubt hampered his brilliance.

• 3 weeks later...

Was he a great singer? Yes. Was he a great song writer? Yes. One of the best of all time in rock? Probably so.

But genius? LOL - no.

You don't think being the best or one of the best songwriters of all time in rock requires genius? I mean thats kinda the definition of genius, having a prodigious creative ability in a given field of artistic expression, no?

genius
ˈdʒiːnɪəs/
noun
  1. 1.
    exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.
    "she was a teacher of genius"
    synonyms: brilliance, great intelligence, great intellect, great ability, cleverness,brains, erudition, wisdom, sagacity, fine mind, wit, artistry, flair, creative power, precocity, precociousness More
  2. 2.
    an exceptionally intelligent person or one with exceptional skill in a particular area of activity.
    "a mathematical genius"
    synonyms: brilliant person, mental giant, mastermind, Einstein, intellectual,intellect, brain, highbrow, expert, master, artist, polymath; More

I think thats Lennon to a T. I think he had highly exceptional creative power as a songwriter. And the guy himself, in normal conversation, he was so sharp, he was such a wit, i dunno if you've ever watched many of his interviews when he's in a witty kinda mood, it's almost impossible to get ahead of him in conversation...and then his writing, all that Lewis Carroll type stuff, that he'd been doing offhand since his school days, i mean it's nonsense prose in the literal sense of that particular literary tradition but it has amazing rhyme and meter to it...and apparently he just reeled it off.

I truly believe John Lennon was a genius, 100%.

Edited by Lennie Godber