What if Slash and Duff had accepted Izzy's original offer to Velvet Revolver...?

ManetsBR

You seem to be in a bad mood lately, Rovim. And more bloated.

As for us fuckers sticking together. There are always other forums...

Would you like me to leave this forum? :o

I'm actually in a good mood, thanks for caring. :heart:

More bloated though. <_<

Nah, I like you. Just saying... Hope you start cracking some jokes soon then! :)

You two line reading bitches can try to mock Rockerman. I just read one of the best posts ever put on this forum.

Ask Mommy to help you get to the end, it may give you pause for thought.

But I don't vant to do eet. Bitch.

Edited by Rovim

Not saying I love Myles voice or that the Conspirators have a billion of fans... but, well, at least Slash records music with his "nobodies".

:thumbsup:

Personally, I enjoy it when people take the time to write out a well thought out and detailed response. It shows that the poster is respecting you e nough to give a legitimate answer rather than just spouting off an insult or meme or one-sentence response. Some people want to have an actual conversation - others just want to slam their opinion out without having to justify or explain it. In another topic this poster was crying about my "wall of text" like I would take it as an insult and feel bad or something. Weird.

I wish this forum had more people like Rockerman. I love people that are willing to share their thoughts rather than just quick twitter sized responses. We need more honest and open debates/conversations on here.

Edited by Groghan

I can't see Izzy with VR. He left GNR because the band got so big. Although VR wasn't as big as GNR, with Izzy, Duff and Slash, it might have become a bigger band.

I think Izzy and Axl should write music together again. I would love to hear what songs they would come up with now.

I can't see Izzy with VR. He left GNR because the band got so big. Although VR wasn't as big as GNR, with Izzy, Duff and Slash, it might have become a bigger band.

I think Izzy and Axl should write music together again. I would love to hear what songs they would come up with now.

Only realistic chance for that imo is Down By The Ocean. How old is that? 15 years now? Still, better then nothing if we ever get to hear it.

great posts from Groghan and Rockerman

Indeed. Other than Stevie, I just can't see how any of the other former members could watch what has unfolded over the years and still feel any sort of regret at this point. What was once perceived as a really bad drug induced decision by Slash and Duff, could possibly have become one of the sanest and healthiest things they could have done for themselves.

As for Izzy with VR, I just don't think it would have ultimately worked. They weren't looking to reunite GN'R, they just wanted to make some music. Having to overcome the 'super group' tag and prove themselves as a legitimately independent band from Guns was difficult enough. Adding Izzy to the mix would have made it near impossible. Besides, I imagine they believed they would have been taking a bigger chance with him than they did Scott, commitment wise. Hopefully though, we get to hear what they did do together someday.

• Like 2

VR wasn't as big as GNR,

VR was bigger than Axl's version of GN'R, unless you wanted to say that VR wasn't as big as real GN'R, the band that wrote and recorded AFD, Lies and UYIs and the band that sold out stadiums in minutes all over the world in the early 90s.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

great posts from Groghan and Rockerman

Indeed. Other than Stevie, I just can't see how any of the other former members could watch what has unfolded over the years and still feel any sort of regret at this point. What was once perceived as a really bad drug induced decision by Slash and Duff, could possibly have become one of the sanest and healthiest things they could have done for themselves.

As for Izzy with VR, I just don't think it would have ultimately worked. They weren't looking to reunite GN'R, they just wanted to make some music. Having to overcome the 'super group' tag and prove themselves as a legitimately independent band from Guns was difficult enough. Adding Izzy to the mix would have made it near impossible. Besides, I imagine they believed they would have been taking a bigger chance with him than they did Scott, commitment wise. Hopefully though, we get to hear what they did do together someday.

Check out Like A Dog by Izzy. That's what they were working on. You'll notice some of it sounds like VR....I know Bomb sounds like Dirty Little Thing....its the stuff those guys wrote. Snafu was done by them as well, there's a picture in Slash's book of the guys working on it.

It would have been the first step for a reunion, but no, they were too dumb to think about it ...

Don't forget that Slash was still high at that time ... he was not able to make good decisions ... like when he decided to leave GN'R.

At least your consistent. Wrong, and funny. But consistent.

I'll take that as a compliment :P

More bloated though. <_<

Nah, I like you. Just saying... Hope you start cracking some jokes soon then! :)

And me ... do you like me?

• Like 1

I'd rather hear a finished version of Down by the Ocean than anything the new guys could write. Axl and Izzy = Amazing. Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff = Magic. Axl and rotating guest musicians = kinda cool.

How can you compare Down By The Ocean, a song you've never heard, with something that could potentially be written by Axl and "the new guys"?

You can't base that on reputation alone, you know what they sound like, but it's not like every time a musician attemps to write something it sounds the same, or is in the same quality or exact style. I guess the main known element here is chemistry, but it's just one factor in the equation. As major and relevant as it might be.

I don't think Axl really tried to write organically with most of "the new guys", and what Axl and Izzy had in their prime, and the classics they've written together is not what you're going to get from them now if they somehow magically decided to work together after all these years as writing partners. Things change, people get old, and the music they create changes with them in most cases.

It would have been the first step for a reunion, but no, they were too dumb to think about it ...

Don't forget that Slash was still high at that time ... he was not able to make good decisions ... like when he decided to leave GN'R.

At least your consistent. Wrong, and funny. But consistent.

I'll take that as a compliment :P

More bloated though. <_<

And me ... do you like me?

Yo asshole, she said she liked me. Find your own sleeping prostitute. My whole self esteem is hangin' on this shit.