What if Slash and Duff had accepted Izzy's original offer to Velvet Revolver...?

ManetsBR

Are you guys serious?

Are you really worried about how much success Slash, Duff or Izzy have? Or could have? Or should have? Or could have had? Or whatever?

What about the music?

The songs?

Please answer me: would "Appetite" be worse if it wasn't succesfull?

I don't think an entire album of songs sung by Izzy or Duff would be very good. Slash is a hard rock guitarist who's best when he's playing fast paced hard rock ala AFD. That doesn't fit with Izzy's singing style and I don't think Izzy could come up with a whole album of songs as good as 14 Years and Dust N' Bones.

Are you guys serious?

Are you really worried about how much success Slash, Duff or Izzy have? Or could have? Or should have? Or could have had? Or whatever?

What about the music?

The songs?

I don't think an entire album of songs sung by Izzy or Duff would be very good. Slash is a hard rock guitarist who's best when he's playing fast paced hard rock ala AFD. That doesn't fit with Izzy's singing style and I don't think Izzy could come up with a whole album of songs as good as 14 Years and Dust N' Bones.

Are you guys serious?

What about the music?

The songs?

I'm supposed to feel like an idiot because I'm not well-versed in Izzy's solo material? Who is? DieselDaisy and tryhards like you?

What I've heard has done absolutely nothing for me. If I felt like wasting mobile data to watch your videos I'm sure I'd feel the same way about those songs.

That said, I am slightly interested in this reggae stuff you guys have talked about. I'll have to check that out one day. Maybe he has written a few good songs over the past two decades.

Edited by bacardimayne

I'd prever Izzy's Bomb over Do It For The Kids any day.

Slash is great in writing riffs and Izzy has the credibility to built a song around this with the right chord progression. It's not like we would have just Izzy songs or just Slash songs. It would be a team effort. And with Duff involved it would have been something great.

Edited by Free Bird

I'm supposed to feel like an idiot because I'm not well-versed in Izzy's solo material? Who is? DieselDaisy and tryhards like you?

What I've heard has done absolutely nothing for me. If I felt like wasting mobile data to watch your videos I'm sure I'd feel the same way about those songs.

That said, I am slightly interested in this reggae stuff you guys have talked about. I'll have to check that out one day. Maybe he has written a few good songs over the past two decades.

Dude, don't waste your time. His first album was really good, and some of the reggae stuff is cool. Worth a listen if you're into that kind of stuff, but other then that the material is not very strong imo, and I love Izzy. Loved him when he was in Guns, but most of his songs after his first solo album are undercooked imo.

Personally, I'm waiting for Down By The Ocean. The one time Axl's tinkering comes in handy. :lol:

Edited by Rovim

People like to give Izzy credit when they want to downplay Slash's importance to the band. It's obvious Axl and Slash were the two most talented and important members. Izzy was cool but far from the genius some people claim he is (again, usually to take a dig at Slash).

• Like 1

People like to give Izzy credit when they want to downplay Slash's importance to the band. It's obvious Axl and Slash were the two most talented and important members. Izzy was cool but far from the genius some people claim he is (again, usually to take a dig at Slash).

No Izzy, no AFD. He wrote most of it. Gn'R's best album. But no one was a genius in old Guns. No one is a genius in new Guns.

Edited by Rovim

Horseshit. You don't have to discredit one person to give another due credit. Izzy was the only songwriter in the band.

Horseshit. You don't have to discredit one person to give another due credit. Izzy was the only songwriter in the band.

Yeah, cause Axl didn't come up with songs like November Rain, Estranged, and Dead Horse for example. Why is that not good enough to be considered a songwriter? heh.

Yeah, cause Axl didn't come up with songs like November Rain, Estranged, and Dead Horse for example. Why is that not good enough to be considered a songwriter? heh.

His piano songs were good, it just seems that Izzy did the Lions share of songwriting work, especially on AFD.

His piano songs were good, it just seems that Izzy did the Lions share of songwriting work, especially on AFD.

So Izzy wasn't the only good songwriter. You said songwriter, you didn't specify what type of songwriter. (I know I'm annoying)

Izzy's solo career screams of lack of inspiration and talent. He's lucky to have AFD on his resume. He's lucky he got to work with Axl and Slash. Hasn't written a decent song in 27 years. Lol

How many good songs has Slash written by himself?

Around 10. Excluding Velvet Revolver.

I just wanted to say that Izzy's solo work is garbage and that makes me feel that the VR we got is better than the one we would've gotten.

Pity Izzy's solo work is much better than everything ever produced by any member of the old band post-break-up. I would probably take Stradlin's superior songs over much of Illusion in fact.

Izzy's solo career screams of lack of inspiration and talent. He's lucky to have AFD on his resume. He's lucky he got to work with Axl and Slash. Hasn't written a decent song in 27 years. Lol

How many good songs has Slash written by himself?

Around 10. Excluding Velvet Revolver.

10 great songs. Many more are good.

1. WTTJ

2. SCOM

3. Paradise City

4. Civil War

5. Coma

6. Don't Damn Me

7. Slither

8. Fall To Pieces

9. Rocket Queen

10. Bad Rain

Slash didn't write any of those GNR songs by himself.

Where did I say he did? but he came up with the main first ideas for the songs. Did Izzy write Nightrain by himself? <_<

1. WTTJ

2. SCOM

3. Paradise City

4. Civil War

5. Coma

6. Don't Damn Me

7. Slither

8. Fall To Pieces

9. Rocket Queen

10. Bad Rain

Silly thing to say as Slash is not a lyricist: unless it is an instrumental, the chances of a song solely composed by 'Hudson' are slim - his one attempt at lyrics, Be the Ball, were shocking.

1. WTTJ

2. SCOM

3. Paradise City

4. Civil War

5. Coma

6. Don't Damn Me

7. Slither

8. Fall To Pieces

9. Rocket Queen

10. Bad Rain

Silly thing to say as Slash is not a lyricist: unless it is an instrumental, the chances of a song solely composed by 'Hudson' are slim - his one attempt at lyrics, Be the Ball, were shocking.

Which gnr songs did Slash write everything in, sans lyrics?